• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Live+ Credit Card Review | HSBC Cashback Credit Card Rebranded

Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information and offers. Last Updated 15th July, 2024.
HSBC revamped their Cashback Credit Card back in December 2023, and I would say it stood out as an exception in a season of brutal devaluations. Since earning points for travel is becoming increasingly difficult, many people are shifting to cashback credit cards to enhance their value back. Now, in July 2024, they have just rebranded their Cashback Credit Card as the Live+ Credit Card with a fresh design. In terms of benefits, nothing has actually changed.

Here's a quick review of this great credit card from HSBC Bank!

Charges and Welcome Benefits​

Joining Fees​
₹999 + GST​
Welcome Benefits​
Amazon voucher worth ₹1000 on spending ₹10000 within the first 30 days​
Annual Fees​
₹999 + GST​
Annual Benefits​
NIL​
Annual Fee Waiver​
Spend ₹2L on your card in a year for an annual fee waiver*.
Add-on Fees​
NIL​
Card Category​
Cashback​
The welcome voucher compensates the joining fee but there will be no annual benefits for paying the annual fees.

Reward Rate​

Spends Area
CashbackRate
Capping
All dining, food delivery and grocery spends​
10%​
₹1000​
All Other Spends*​
1.50%​
Unlimited​
  • *Cashback cannot be earned on transactions made on Fuel, e-wallets, rental payments, Business to Business transactions, education and government payments, Insurance, Jewelry and antique items, Gambling, Tolls and Bridge Fees, Financial and Non-Financial Institutions, Security Broker Services, Collection Agencies, Charity, Money Transfers and Wholesale Clubs.​
  • Your cashback will be credited within 45 days after the statement generation date​
  • No cash-back redemption fee is applicable​

Other Benefits​

Airport Lounge Access​

Domestic Airport Lounge Access
Complimentary Limit – 4 Visits/ Calendar year (1 per quarter) within India only for primary cardholders.
Access Via – Credit Card

Fuel Surcharge Waiver​

No fuel surcharge waiver is applicable on this card.

Forex Markup​

Forex markup charges are applicable of 3.5%+GST.

Eligibility​

• You must be aged between 18 to 65​
  • Your annual income must be at least INR400,000 per annum (for salaried individuals)​
  • You must be an Indian resident​
  • You must reside in any of the following cities: Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, Noida, Pune​
HSBC Bank is currently only offering their credit cards to salaried individuals that too very strictly. If you are a self-employed individual then you may try your luck by opening a premium bank account against a huge NRV.

TechnoFino Recommends​

After the revaluation of the HSBC Cashback Credit Card back in December 2023, it became one of the best cashback cards for offline and online dining and grocery spends. The recent rebranding is just a name change to the Live+ Credit Card, but nothing has changed in terms of benefits. This is a simple, no-nonsense cashback card from HSBC Bank that caters to both groceries and dining at a flat 10% rate, which I would say is unprecedented. Earlier, Kotak was offering similar cashback on their Essentia and Delight Credit Cards with some conditions, but these have now been discontinued.

If you are looking for a great multi-utility card for all your grocery and dining spending then this card should be there in your wallet! Not to worry about the fees since in festive time reaching that upper cap on 10% cashback even for just one time will make your card free virtually for the year. This card is in direct competition with the HDFC Swiggy card now.

Are you planning to get this card? Tell us in the comments below about your experience.

Last edited:
Faced some foolish actions from HSBC. Recevied a call from HSBC for cashback credit card. I am holding Visa since 5 years now with 7.88L limit. Applied for cashback card on 1st June and then after taking their time they asked me to do VKYC which I did last Friday. Today they allotted Visa platinum instead of cashback card with 9.56L limit 🤦‍♂️ . What do I do now. Obviuosly I am not going to activate new Visa Platinum but how do I get cashback for which I applied.

Faced some foolish actions from HSBC. Recevied a call from HSBC for cashback credit card. I am holding Visa since 5 years now with 7.88L limit. Applied for cashback card on 1st June and then after taking their time they asked me to do VKYC which I did last Friday. Today they allotted Visa platinum instead of cashback card with 9.56L limit 🤦‍♂️ . What do I do now. Obviuosly I am not going to activate new Visa Platinum but how do I get cashback for which I applied.
Did you apply from the website like a new customer? Why did you not try to flip the card as I read on the forum that people have tried flipping their visa platinum to cashback.

I was in the same predicament. Just call thier customer care no and tell them there was a mistake. They will say they will forward to card team. In a day card team will call. During your call with card team just tell them there was a mistake in issuing and not interested in visa plat they will change the variant in few days time

Don't activate your visa plat it will complicate stuff

I was in the same predicament. Just call thier customer care no and tell them there was a mistake. They will say they will forward to card team. In a day card team will call. During your call with card team just tell them there was a mistake in issuing and not interested in visa plat they will change the variant in few days time

Sending email doesn't work atleast it didn't for me if you call they take it on priority

Did you apply from the website like a new customer? Why did you not try to flip the card as I read on the forum that people have tried flipping their visa platinum to cashback.

Sending email doesn't work atleast it didn't for me if you call they take it on priority
yes applied threw their website, will call them tomorrow to flip it.
Any idea how much time do they take?
Also thanks for replying.

don't flip if you flip they won't give 1000 amazon voucher. tell them it was their mistake and i want it converted into cashback while getting amazon voucher. if you're not interested in getting the voucher then it's fine.

if you flip it will take 1 or 2 days. if you convert by complaining asking for amazon voucher it will take a week. btw i converted by complaining. they pushed me to flip. but issue was annual fee will be charged and they won't give voucher

don't flip if you flip they won't give 1000 amazon voucher. tell them it was their mistake and i want it converted into cashback while getting amazon voucher. if you're not interested in getting the voucher then it's fine.

if you flip it will take 1 or 2 days. if you convert by complaining asking for amazon voucher it will take a week. btw i converted by complaining. they pushed me to flip. but issue was annual fee will be charged and they won't give voucher

Flipping would be FYF is what I have heard. If that's true then its still a better deal then 1k amazon voucher with 1k + GST charges.

i have airtel axis cc which bill is generated on 11 june and due on 1 july now on 13 june i do a bill transaction 2000/- while i do transction it show me cashback @10% of rs 200/- can i eligble for this cashback ???

Flipping would be FYF is what I have heard. If that's true then its still a better deal then 1k amazon voucher with 1k + GST charges.

Yes flipping is FYF you won't be charged joining fees, 2L is the spend waiver
So when i called them they said they can flip. i asked them will i be charged annual fee. they said yes i asked them i won't get voucher and also i am being charged annual fee because you guys mistakenly sent visa plat. Then they said to raise complaint and will fix. that's how my issue was fixed

Maybe if he had from start flipped he might have gotten fyf. but now since he applied for cashback card and got visa plat it's similar to my issue

So when i called them they said they can flip. i asked them will i be charged annual fee. they said yes i asked them i won't get voucher and also i am being charged annual fee because you guys mistakenly sent visa plat. Then they said to raise complaint and will fix. that's how my issue was fixed

Maybe if he had from start flipped he might have gotten fyf. but now since he applied for cashback card and got visa plat it's similar to my issue
ohh ok, I had the platinum for almost a year and then I asked for a flip in chat. They said I wont get amazon voucher but there will be no joining fees so FYF.

I received some 166 CB for month of May which is credited in June 7th but expected amount is about 500+... anyone else receiving less cashback in HSBC cashback card?

Anyone know if OLA Foods provides 10% of 1.5%

I received some 166 CB for month of May which is credited in June 7th but expected amount is about 500+... anyone else receiving less cashback in HSBC cashback card?

Anyone know if OLA Foods provides 10% of 1.5%
easiest way would be to ask customer care and share here.

Reactions: |V|
i have airtel axis cc my bill is generated on 11 june which due date is 1 july after that i do a bill payment transaction on 13 june which is 2000/- @10% cashback is 200/- can i eligble for this cashback
axis calculate cashback monthly basis ya billing cycle which method ???

i have airtel axis cc my bill is generated on 11 june which due date is 1 july after that i do a bill payment transaction on 13 june which is 2000/- @10% cashback is 200/- can i eligble for this cashback
axis calculate cashback monthly basis ya billing cycle which method ???
it's billing cycle, only condition is you only get 250rs per statement

Also ask axis airtel question in their respective thread this is for hsbc cashback card

Back