• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I am on a SPREE!

sjmajumder

TF Ace
I am on a spree...

Registered 5 complaints with RBI Ombudsman demanding compensation in each. Let's see how it goes :)

RBI Complaint.png

1. HSBC - Did not convert Amazon EMI purchase to EMI in a timely manner and sent full amount statement. After paying full amount they converted to EMI and charged interest. Also created lot of hassles in refunding credit balance after converting to EMI.

2. IndusInd - Doorstep Banking delayed cash pickup. Took 3 follow ups and one complaint to finally get the cash picked up after a five days delay.

3. Federal Bank - Issued Visa Signet when I applied for Celesta MC. Registered a complaint of mis-selling.

4. ICICI - Sapphiro Amex Addon card not working.

5. ICICI - 2 CIBIL enquiries for one Sapphiro application under alumni program.

Update:
15-May-2024: It seems the 30 days rule is there and bank can ask for it. 1 and 2 closed based on request from bank asking for more time to resolve the issue. It is mentioned that I can lodge a fresh complaint after 30 days has passed in case I don't receive a response/satisfactory resolution.

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
Om Buds Man Namaha
Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

Last edited:

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am on a spree...

Registered 5 complaints with RBI Ombudsman demanding compensation in each. Let's see how it goes :)

RBI Complaint.png

1. HSBC - Did not convert Amazon EMI purchase to EMI in a timely manner and sent full amount statement. After paying full amount they converted to EMI and charged interest. Also created lot of hassles in refunding credit balance after converting to EMI.

2. IndusInd - Doorstep Banking delayed cash pickup. Took 3 follow ups and one complaint to finally get the cash picked up after a five days delay.

3. Federal Bank - Issued Visa Signet when I applied for Celesta MS. Registered a complaint of mis-selling.

RBI will have to assign a RM for you only... all the best :)

#aniket

TF Ace
I am on a spree...

RBI Complaint.png

3. Federal Bank - Issued Visa Signet when I applied for Celesta MC. Registered a complaint of mis-selling.

All the best! ☺️

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Have you exhausted pno and 30 days requirement of complaint?
Do they actually check that 30 days threshold?

I never filed any complaint to RBIO but I think I have to do that very soon!!!

@sjmajumder sir… if possible, you can create a detailed step by step article for RBIO complaint process
That would help a lot of persons like us!!!

Thanks

shrewdoc

TF Ace
I am on a spree...

RBI Complaint.png

You exhausted all the levels of escalation with the respective REs and still didn't receive favourable responses in all the cases?

Or maybe you just wrote an intimation to each RE once and your next step is RBI Ombudsman?

EIther way, interesting...

I am on a spree...

RBI Complaint.png

has it been over a month for each issue?

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

@sjmajumder sir… if possible, you can create a detailed step by step article for RBIO complaint process

Thanks
here you go.. already done by @TechnoFino

sjmajumder

TF Ace
You exhausted all the levels of escalation with the respective REs and still didn't receive favourable responses in all the cases?

Or maybe you just wrote an intimation to each RE once and your next step is RBI Ombudsman?

EIther way, interesting...
Trying all levels is a just waste of time (talking from past experience). 99% of time you will get the same or similar response from all levels. Once you have got an unfavourable reply or not got any reply for 7 days it is better to knock on RBI doors.

sjmajumder

TF Ace

Thanks
There is no such mandate for 30 days. Only mandate is you must have filed a written/electronic complaint.

@It_is_Naruto has already shared the link for guideline on how to file a complaint with RBI ombudsman. https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/i-am-on-a-spree.26449/post-638456

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Trying all levels is a just waste of time (talking from past experience). 99% of time you will get the same or similar response from all levels. Once you have got an unfavourable reply or not got any reply for 7 days it is better to knock on RBI doors.
I agree 100%