• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I am on a SPREE!

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I might follow up soon dada @sjmajumder. Jupiter has been denying account closure on a Full KYC account.

The reason quoted is dormancy of a secondary POT account which I didn't open 😂. They want me to do offline KYC in a Federal branch, which is like 50km away from my registered address.

This secondary account is supposed to be linked to my primary savings account and opened automatically. Their backer - Federal Bank has kept my account as active and KYC compliant! Moreover, Jupiter offers no option to do an online KYC.

I've already quoted RBI guidelines to them, and raised this issue on email, social media and nodal desk. They're being plain stupid.

I think I'm in for a ride if I go to RBI. I should ask for 50k compensation for mental agony and lost time. Doesn't hurt to try, right? 😛

newinnov

TF Premier
I might follow up soon dada @sjmajumder. Jupiter has been denying account closure on a Full KYC account.

The reason quoted is dormancy of a secondary POT account which I didn't open 😂. They want me to do offline KYC in a Federal branch, which is like 50km away from my registered address.

This secondary account is supposed to be linked to my primary savings account and opened automatically. Their backer - Federal Bank has kept my account as active and KYC compliant! Moreover, Jupiter offers no option to do an online KYC.

I've already quoted RBI guidelines to them, and raised this issue on email, social media and nodal desk. They're being plain stupid.

I think I'm in for a ride if I go to RBI. I should ask for 50k compensation for mental agony and lost time. Doesn't hurt to try, right? 😛
You can quote 20L also, it's upto rbi to decide what amount is reasonable ! :D

Vishal N

TF Select
I am on a spree...

Registered 5 complaints with RBI Ombudsman demanding compensation in each. Let's see how it goes :)

RBI Complaint.png

1. HSBC - Did not convert Amazon EMI purchase to EMI in a timely manner and sent full amount statement. After paying full amount they converted to EMI and charged interest. Also created lot of hassles in refunding credit balance after converting to EMI.

2. IndusInd - Doorstep Banking delayed cash pickup. Took 3 follow ups and one complaint to finally get the cash picked up after a five days delay.

3. Federal Bank - Issued Visa Signet when I applied for Celesta MC. Registered a complaint of mis-selling.

4. ICICI - Sapphiro Amex Addon card not working.

5. ICICI - 2 CIBIL enquiries for one Sapphiro application under alumni

Do update on compensation claims
1,3,5 seem like legit case for compensation.

2 is a voluntary service. I don't think home banking you'll get such compensation

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I opened icici savings ( privilege ) account via Imobile ( cc customer ) and they did cibil enquiry for personal loan !!

Have raised a dispute in cibil and shot and email to icici pno. Will follow upto ombudsman if it doesn't gets resolved

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I opened icici savings ( privilege ) account via Imobile ( cc customer ) and they did cibil enquiry for personal loan !!

Have raised a dispute in cibil and shot and email to icici pno. Will follow upto ombudsman if it doesn't gets resolved
Keep us updated
That’s a new trend of scam by bank!!!

sjmajumder

TF Ace

Don't waste any more of your time. If you have one response from them denying closure that's good enough to go to RBI Ombudsman. They will act fast once the get the mail from the Ombudsman. You can ask for any amount you wish. RBI will have the final say in what you get 😜

Ha ha, no I think 1L is the upper limit according to forum posts here.

Realistically, if I even get compensated it'd be in the range of 5-10k max. Maybe even 500.
Yes 5-10K is more likely. But no harm in asking for more.

Do update on compensation claims
1,3,5 seem like legit case for compensation.

2 is a voluntary service. I don't think home banking you'll get such compensation
Not sure what you mean by a voluntary service. This is a well defined service with committed TAT and charges. I will be pretty disappointed with RBI if I don't get a compensation against it. I am not so confident on the Federal bank case but for rest of the cases I should get compensated.

@sjmajumder I have this issue with ICICI, do you think i should go ahead with RBI complain and how much should I ask for compensation if any?
You should report this to RBI with evidence. Since you were not affected you cannot demand a compensation.

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@sjmajumder Dada a little help here. Within the RBI Complaint page, under the section of Disputed Transaction, which transaction do I add?

For context, I have the
i) primary savings account as active - transactions are live here.
ii) secondary POTs account as dormant - withdrawal transactions are blocked here.

I want to raise my complaint based on primary account being active, and therefore should be allowed to be closed.

Update: Never mind, I submitted the complaint.

New milestone achieved with TF Community - 1st complaint to RBI Ombudsman :)

Attachments

• 1715513109278.png
    1715513109278.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Vishal N

TF Select
Not sure what you mean by a voluntary service. This is a well defined service with committed TAT and charges. I will be pretty disappointed with RBI if I don't get a compensation against it. I am not so confident on the Federal bank case but for rest of the cases I should get compensated.
If you paid for it then fine, but don't think additional compensation is available here. It might be under jurisdiction of a consumer court

sjmajumder

TF Ace
@sjmajumder Dada a little help here. Within the RBI Complaint page, under the section of Disputed Transaction, which transaction do I add?

For context, I have the
i) primary savings account as active - transactions are live here.
ii) secondary POTs account as dormant - withdrawal transactions are blocked here.

I want to raise my complaint based on primary account being active, and therefore should be allowed to be closed.

Update: Never mind, I submitted the complaint.

New milestone achieved with TF Community - 1st complaint to RBI Ombudsman :)
Congrats bro! Keep us posted on the proceedings.

A complaint is not always related to a transaction and so sometimes it is difficult to put a transaction and a transaction date. Just think about it what is your primary concern and address accordingly. Most important is to describe the issue in the narrative section in plain and simple English.

If you paid for it then fine, but don't think additional compensation is available here. It might be under jurisdiction of a consumer court
I beg to differ. It is a service offered by the bank and there was deficiency in service. Bank is a regulated entity under RBI and hence if there is deficiency in service by the bank, RBI should act on it.