• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I have been assigned a Relationship Manager, I didn't know about.

raghavx

TF Select
Hi,

So I opened a bank account with ICICI Bank. I don't know if anyone one of you knows about it or not. In 2020, I opened an account with ICICI bank where I had to open an FD of ₹ 10,000. And hence, my bank account would become a zero balance account. So, I ended up opening it.

Today I got a call from a person on behalf of ICICI bank. I was told that she was my relationship manager. I asked her that my bank account is a basic savings bank account and as far as I know this account doesn't come with a relationship manager. But she told me that because of my good relationship with the bank I have been assigned a relationship manager. I was surprised as I knew that one needs to have a good account to have RMs.

But I said ok, and then she told me if I need any help related to my bank account I could ask her. She also gave me some investment-related suggestions.

Isn't it weird or am I just being lucky here?

What are your thoughts guys?

I got a call from HDFC. I said I have SavingsMax and not an hni account. She said 1,800 of the bank's customers get assigned to one RM.

The calls do not go to everyone. It goes to those who have more than a lakh in account and a lakh in fd to sell investments, insurances, and high interest products.

I got a call from HDFC. I said I have SavingsMax and not an hni account. She said 1,800 of the bank's customers get assigned to one RM.

The calls do not go to everyone. It goes to those who have more than a lakh in account and a lakh in fd to sell investments, insurances, and high interest products.
They are just for completing the target 😝🤣

Probably they are your branch ppl, pretending to be rm.

I have digi-save account (2.5mab) they also called me when i have put 2L in the account.

Back