• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Icici apay late payment due to delay by hdfc bill pay in settling the bill

Aviii

TF Buzz
Please help me with any solution on this. My bill date was 04/30 for icic apay cc and I have made my payment via HDFC bill pay on 04/30 but the payment got reflected only on 6th of May that is on Monday. Now is there any way to get my late fees reversed and that so that it doesn't affect my cibil score also.It feels so bad as I have made my payment on bill due date but due to delay in hdfc bill pay system I have to pay now the late payment fee on top of that a permanent remark on my cibil.

In the icici statement it shows that the payment was made on 04/30 only.

Does the RBI grace periods of T+3 apply here considering that there were many non working days in between.? And the payment got credited in the card only on the third working day itself.

Also the customer care refused to cooperate on this.

Please help me. Thanks.

talkwithfino

TF Premier
Does the RBI grace periods of T+3 apply here considering that there were many non working days in between
Technically, it does; but I don't think it is a hard and fast rule.... ( more of based on understanding; which is why people generally pay their bill 2-3 days early )

Better, you first write an email to Icici
Please help me with any solution on this. My bill date was 04/30 for icic apay cc and I have made my payment via HDFC bill pay on 04/30 but the payment got reflected only on 6th of May that is on Monday. Now is there any way to get my late fees reversed and that so that it doesn't affect my cibil score also.It feels so bad as I have made my payment on bill due date but due to delay in hdfc bill pay system I have to pay now the late payment fee on top of that a permanent remark on my cibil.
( I am assuming, you have not missed any payments with them in past 10 months and having a Cibil of 750+ )
write an email to them explaining, that you had made the payment on 30, but it took time to reflect. State in mail, you have a creditable history of on-time payments for the last 10 months and having a cibil of ___ ( assuming 750+)

Based on this, ask them to waive off the Late Payment Charges as a one time service gesture and in addition to correcting the cibil report ( in case they have already reported; since technically you paid on 30th) .
Also, I have seen numerous complaints about Hdfc's Bill Desk portal; try using a different portal; if you want to still stick with Hdfc, better to pay at least 3 business days advance

Last edited:

Aviii

TF Buzz
Technically, it does; but I don't think it is a hard and fast rule.... ( more of based on understanding; which is why people generally pay their bill 2-3 days early )

Better, you first write an email to Icici

( I am assuming, you have not missed any payments with them in past 10 months and having a Cibil of 750+ )
write an email to them explaining, that you had made the payment on 30, but it took time to reflect. State in mail, you have a creditable history of on-time payments for the last 10 months and having a cibil of ___ ( assuming 750+)

Based on this, ask them to waive off the Late Payment Charges as a one time service gesture and in addition to correcting the cibil report ( in case they have already reported; since technically you paid on 30th) .
Also, I have seen numerous complaints about Hdfc's Bill Desk portal; try using a different portal; if you want to still stick with Hdfc, better to pay at least 3 business days advance
Yes I have not missed a single payment ever and my cibil was 771. With a credit history of 4+ years. I spoke with customer care multiple times over the call. Finally they told me to wait for 3 working days they have raised a request to reverse the late payment fees( subject to approval) but they are saying that they won't be able to correct the cibil report. I am thinking of approaching RBI as the final measure ( when I told in the call they were like RBI won't be able to help me). I was not aware that HDFC bill pay takes three working days and the RBI's grace period is only for 3 days ( it considers the non working days as well). Can you please share the mail id?

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

In the icici statement it shows that the payment was made on 04/30 only.

Does the RBI grace periods of T+3 apply here considering that there were many non working days in between.? And the payment got credited in the card only on the third working day itself.

Please help me. Thanks.
first of all, why did you not pay the bill before the due date and waited to pay on the last day?
If you had a different financial plan, why did you not change your billing cycle. HDFC billpay is not the only one who is in fault here. You too are.

Now,
As the statement shows, the payment was made on the due date, i.e., 30th April. The charges are not valid.

Email ICICI to request the removal of the late fee and confirmation that they will not notify CIBIL or any other credit bureau. Be firm and assertive. State that you paid the bill on time, so the late fee is unjustified. If this issue is not resolved and reported to CIBIL, you will escalate the matter to the RBI Ombudsman and seek proper compensation, as this will negatively impact your credit profile and cause you to miss other financial opportunities.

pothi

TF Ace
RML Group
Someone got the fees reversed (except GST) last month, even after initiating the payment 5 days later.

Write to customer care and then escalate. Never talk.

If you persist, you will win after wasting some time. It may take several days or even weeks, though.

Think twice before paying via HDFC bill pay again, particularly on the due date.

It's quite strange...I've mostly paid CC bill on last date (using various platforms incl. HDFC Bill pay), but it's always reflected as date of payment done!!

Aviii

TF Buzz
Someone got the fees reversed (except GST) last month, even after initiating the payment 5 days later.

Write to customer care and then escalate. Never talk.

If you persist, you will win after wasting some time. It may take several days or even weeks, though.

Think twice before paying via HDFC bill pay again, particularly on the due date.
Yes that due date thing I will keep in mind generally I would pay my dues way before the bill date, sometimes before the bill generation also. But the thing is this month it already 18 and 30 th isthe last date to pay my dues. So should I pay the dues for this month? That includes the late payment fees as well in it,I believe. Anyways I will send a mail to customer care and escalate that further as well.

talkwithfino

TF Premier
I am thinking of approaching RBI as the final measure ( when I told in the call they were like RBI won't be able to help me)
Don't mention such things in call. Write an email
Follow this 👇
Email ICICI to request the removal of the late fee and confirmation that they will not notify CIBIL or any other credit bureau. Be firm and assertive. State that you paid the bill on time, so the late fee is unjustified. If this issue is not resolved and reported to CIBIL, you will escalate the matter to the RBI Ombudsman and seek proper compensation, as this will negatively impact your credit profile and cause you to miss other financial opportunities.
For email >> customer.care@icicibank.com

( if ever required )
>>> https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/all-banks-banking-department-email-id-phone-no.25442/

>>> https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/all-banks-banking-department-email-id-phone-no.25442/

Think twice before paying via HDFC bill pay again, particularly on the due date
TrueAF

pothi

TF Ace
RML Group
But the thing is this month it already 18 and 30 th isthe last date to pay my dues. So should I pay the dues for this month? That includes the late payment fees as well in it,I believe.

Yes. Please pay completely, including the late payment fees. You have done nothing wrong (technically). Only when we make an error, we could call the customer care and then politely ask them to reverse the fee. So, when you write down your concern, customer care would become alert and would not deny the reversal of late payment fee. If they deny in writing, they have a lot of explaining to do when you escalate to RBI.

Aviii

TF Buzz
Yes. Please pay completely, including the late payment fees. You have done nothing wrong (technically). Only when we make an error, we could call the customer care and then politely ask them to reverse the fee. So, when you write down your concern, customer care would become alert and would not deny the reversal of late payment fee. If they deny in writing, they have a lot of explaining to do when you escalate to RBI.
Let's say if they agree to reverse the after by last due date will they be able to correct the cibil report as well?

pothi

TF Ace
RML Group
Let's say if they agree to reverse the after by last due date will they be able to correct the cibil report as well?

There are no clear guidelines yet from RBI regarding how financial institutions report to credit agencies. So, reporting to CIBIL or removing the report from CIBIL are both at the discretion of ICICI, for now. There is no guarantee on either scenario (reporting and removing). Only luck helps. Good luck.

Aviii

TF Buzz
There are no clear guidelines yet from RBI regarding how financial institutions report to credit agencies. So, reporting to CIBIL or removing the report from CIBIL are both at the discretion of ICICI, for now. There is no guarantee on either scenario (reporting and removing). Only luck helps. Good luck.
I had sent them the mail they replied saying they won't be able to rverese the fees. Should I send another mail and request again? Or should I got to RBI now.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I had sent them the mail they replied saying they won't be able to rverese the fees. Should I send another mail and request again? Or should I got to RBI now.
escalte it to the higer authorities and repeat it

pothi

TF Ace
RML Group
You may ask the escalation matrix from ICICI. Btw, you may try this level 1 support email ID too ... help.amazonpaycc@icicibank.com

If they don't provide a favorable resolution, you may reach out to RBI after 30 days of initiating the complaint in ICICI.

Direct quote from RBI..

Please note that before approaching the Ombudsman, it is mandatory to first file the complaint with the concerned Regulated Entity (RE). Only in the event of non-receipt of reply, within 30 days from the lodgement of the complaint, from the RE or if the complaint is rejected wholly or partially by the RE, the complaint can be registered with the Ombudsman

Reactions: SSV

Aviii

TF Buzz
You may ask the escalation matrix from ICICI. Btw, you may try this level 1 support email ID too ... help.amazonpaycc@icicibank.com

If they don't provide a favorable resolution, you may reach out to RBI after 30 days of initiating the complaint in ICICI.

Direct quote from RBI..
I have got the refund today but is there any way to confirm that whether they will not report this as late payment to CIBIL? I have got no email confirmation though just got the late payment fee refunded. I have checked the cibil on Amazon it looks fine.

Last edited: