• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

icici bank allocated wrong limit to credit card from what they promised

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
ok, but my question, When we are applying for CC, they fetch the documents, and tell the eligible and limit we will get; and if we apply for it, we get the same limit as promised before, and limit is not surprise number.
Ex.: When I applied my hdfc CC, they told me a limit after fetching docs and before submiting application; I received same limit in card.
Please correct if I am wrong and if we get surprice limit, and not what it was written at time of applying.

Incase of icici, after application too I received mails of my application details, like card features, fees and limit. It was not mentioned that limit written is tentative and not exact. But I recieved only 1/4th or very less limit from what was written in previous docs and mails
Any limit shown online is mostly always a tentative limit. You don't have to worry about LE though. ICICI just send out LEs in bulk to even those with little to no credit history.

If you still want to try getting it increased try visiting a branch and get it done manually and not through the bots over at CC and mail.

But I recieved only 1/4th or very less limit from what was written in previous docs and mails
Cl is on bank's discretion. They can make it 10 % of what it is right now. Rbi/ court can't do anything. Use it properly, you ll get auto LE.

Hi Guys, I applied for icici rubyx rupay LTF credit card, on my own from their online portal.
On online portal, They showed me the limit of 204,000 and after even completing the application, I recieved few mails from icici with my card details mentioning the same limit of 204,000 ; but when the card was made, it only had limit of 60,000.

I already contacted their customer care on call, and L1 agent on mail complaint, but their response was not satisfactory.
Call agent said I might have received the same limit which would be mentioned when I applied, I told him no, so he suggested to either close the card or raise a mail complaint; on mail complaint I attached all the doc and everything and mailed, but in reply they said, that my limit enhancement request cannot be fulfilled bcs of internal policies [But my request is not for limit enhancement, but rather for getting correct limit what they mentioned]. Latest is I have replied to their mail mentioning my points.

I am seeking more opinion on this of you guys, on how to proceed and what to do.

[Also I am new to this world of CC, so any other suggestions like other cards, or regarding limits etc. are welcome]
कार्ड मिला उसका शुक्र मनाओ... Limit बाद में भी बढ़ जाती है

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back