• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

icici bank allocated wrong limit to credit card from what they promised

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

@cardHeist

TF Buzz
Hi Guys, I applied for icici rubyx rupay LTF credit card, on my own from their online portal.
On online portal, They showed me the limit of 204,000 and after even completing the application, I recieved few mails from icici with my card details mentioning the same limit of 204,000 ; but when the card was made, it only had limit of 60,000.

I already contacted their customer care on call, and L1 agent on mail complaint, but their response was not satisfactory.
Call agent said I might have received the same limit which would be mentioned when I applied, I told him no, so he suggested to either close the card or raise a mail complaint; on mail complaint I attached all the doc and everything and mailed, but in reply they said, that my limit enhancement request cannot be fulfilled bcs of internal policies [But my request is not for limit enhancement, but rather for getting correct limit what they mentioned]. Latest is I have replied to their mail mentioning my points.

I am seeking more opinion on this of you guys, on how to proceed and what to do.

[Also I am new to this world of CC, so any other suggestions like other cards, or regarding limits etc. are welcome]

Tejo

TF Legend
The son of RBI, following the father guidelines, Nothing you can do. Just ask them what are the ways that you do for limit enhancement as an icici customer ?

Hi Guys, I applied for icici rubyx rupay LTF credit card, on my own from their online portal.
On online portal, They showed me the limit of 204,000 and after even completing the application, I recieved few mails from icici with my card details mentioning the same limit of 204,000 ; but when the card was made, it only had limit of 60,000.

I already contacted their customer care on call, and L1 agent on mail complaint, but their response was not satisfactory.
Call agent said I might have received the same limit which would be mentioned when I applied, I told him no, so he suggested to either close the card or raise a mail complaint; on mail complaint I attached all the doc and everything and mailed, but in reply they said, that my limit enhancement request cannot be fulfilled bcs of internal policies [But my request is not for limit enhancement, but rather for getting correct limit what they mentioned]. Latest is I have replied to their mail mentioning my points.

I am seeking more opinion on this of you guys, on how to proceed and what to do.

[Also I am new to this world of CC, so any other suggestions like other cards, or regarding limits etc. are welcome]
1674024215809.jpeg

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

What's is your limit on other cc ?

@cardHeist

TF Buzz
The son of RBI, following the father guidelines, Nothing you can do. Just ask them what are the ways that you do for limit enhancement as an icici customer ?
is not it possible to raise a complaint in consumer forum or RBI, bcs they did not did what they said before.

Like I have the evidence mails too and docs where they mentioned various details of my card after application submission, including fees, features, limit of 204,000 etc.

@cardHeist

TF Buzz
What's is your limit on other cc ?
This is kind of one second card, I got my first hdfc moneyback+ LTF card, 1.8 year but with bit more limit, But does it matter; Though I just took whatever limit I got without thinking much on it, as limit was not concern for me that time; though hdfc gave me the limit what they promised, but icici did not. Anyhow, I don't think previous card limit from another bank effect this.

bcs I mean first icici promised some other limit, but surprisingly directly provided me very less limit without any prior notification or info to me, does not it qualify for complain or something

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend

Nothing can be done

Don't fight all efforts gonna be waste

Just 6 to 8 month

Icici is famous for giving insanely LE

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Have you tried asking them 😂
They do it on the basis of spending without sending any documents.
(Unless you had a LE in last 6months)
Just had 3 month over recently ..let me call them

varun__goel_

TF Legend

Nothing can be done here mate. Banks can change limit at their sole discretion. RBI won't help at all. And the limit shown in credit application is never final limit that will be assigned

Just wait for few months, you will get LE from them

@cardHeist

TF Buzz
Always believe on what you see as allocated limit in a welcome letter that comes along with your card delivery. And it remains final limit on your new card.
ok, but my question, When we are applying for CC, they fetch the documents, and tell the eligible and limit we will get; and if we apply for it, we get the same limit as promised before, and limit is not surprise number.
Ex.: When I applied my hdfc CC, they told me a limit after fetching docs and before submiting application; I received same limit in card.
Please correct if I am wrong and if we get surprice limit, and not what it was written at time of applying.

Incase of icici, after application too I received mails of my application details, like card features, fees and limit. It was not mentioned that limit written is tentative and not exact. But I recieved only 1/4th or very less limit from what was written in previous docs and mails

@cardHeist

TF Buzz
Hey guys, Thanks everyone, as you all said that limit mentioned in application or mails is not final, and bank can change limit on their own; and RBI or consumer forum can also not help in this.
I guess, this might be true and answers my query.

Also, many said that icici gives very good limit enhacements in few months only, so will wait for it. Thanks again

@cardHeist

TF Buzz
Got it preapproved?
What is your relation with ICICI?
I was checking to apply credit card online from icici, they fetched my documents and showed eligible cards, which included rubyx rupay and I applied as I needed rupay. They other cards too like dual rubyx LTF [visa + amex], paid saphiro, emerald etc.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.