• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank credit card status

Post number 2 has been selected as best answer.

BiggBoss

TF Select
Hi,

I applied for an ICICI Bank credit card, and my application was rejected. A few days later, I got a call from ICICI that they were checking the application status again.
Yesterday i got a SMS from ICICI

Your new ICICI Bank Credit Card will be delivered in 7 wkg days.
The Virtual Card is accessible through iMobile/Net Banking. Activate & use the same instantly.

I didn't found any card in my ICICI App. I spoke to customer care they said there is no card my account, But if i got the sms Virtual card will take 48 hours time to appear.

So, is the card approved or not?

Reactions: SSV
Solution
Your card is approved.

The recently approved icici banks cards are not linked with existing netbanking/mobile banking user ID'S of customers. Thereby, you cannot view in cards sections.

Reason: As few days back a bug that makes the newly issued cards being accessed by unknown users. They disabled automatic linking of newly issued cards. 🤣

You need to wait for physical card and manually register card in imobile or netbanking to view card virtually thereafter.

Call this number, 18001020123 and enquire saying i want to check status of credit card application. They will confirm, if the card is approved or not.

Tejo

TF Legend
Your card is approved.

The recently approved icici banks cards are not linked with existing netbanking/mobile banking user ID'S of customers. Thereby, you cannot view in cards sections.

Reason: As few days back a bug that makes the newly issued cards being accessed by unknown users. They disabled automatic linking of newly issued cards. 🤣

You need to wait for physical card and manually register card in imobile or netbanking to view card virtually thereafter.

Call this number, 18001020123 and enquire saying i want to check status of credit card application. They will confirm, if the card is approved or not.

Solution

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I applied for an ICICI Bank credit card, and my application was rejected. A few days later, I got a call from ICICI that they were checking the application status again.

The Virtual Card is accessible through iMobile/Net Banking. Activate & use the same instantly.

I didn't found any card in my ICICI App. I spoke to customer care they said there is no card my account, But if i got the sms Virtual card will take 48 hours time to appear.

You got your ICICI card ..
Congratulations!!!

Same thing happened to me for my first ever ICICI CC (,first ever credit card as well) about 6 years ago..
I got my card approved and delivered after rejection SMS without me doing anything further excepting for enquiring about that status after I received the rejection SMS for which they categorically informed me that my application was rejected.
Don’t worry , you got your card..
Enjoy..

Tejo

TF Legend
You got your ICICI card ..
Congratulations!!!

Same thing happened to me for my first ever CC (,first ever ICICI card as well) about 6 years ago..
I got my card approved and delivered after rejection SMS without me doing anything further excepting for enquiring about that status after I received the rejection SMS for which they categorically informed me that my application was rejected.
Don’t worry , you got your card..
Enjoy..
@SSV why are you re-capturing 6 yrs back things like a old man ??

Are you single ? 🤣

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@SSV why are you re-capturing 6 yrs back things like a old man ??

Are you single ? 🤣
Because it is fact , and that tells you the story of ICICI …and legacy of ICICI ….not mine .. got it ??

Regarding I am single or not , I have mentioned at least half a dozen times , it means you are not following my posts properly..
Please search my posts

girish3456

TF Premier
G
Your card is approved.

Good information. Thanks for sharing this @Tejo

Hi,

It will show in imobile app after 1am in night or you can check your netbanking immediately.

Tejo

TF Legend
It will show in imobile app after 1am in night or you can check your netbanking immediately.

My recently approved amazon icici card not being shown in imobile app. I'm existing icici holder with activate user ID too.

card too delivered, txn too done.

I'm getting messages from icici for preapproved hpcl coral ltf cc but no offer regarding this is showing in imobile app.
On calling customer care they are telling me that yes I'm qualified for preapproved but have to apply manually from icici website.
Should I wait for the offer to appear in my imobile app or is this just a regular advertising spam!!

shivtej

TF Buzz
Hi,

Don't worry.
Same happened with me just 2 months before I had applied for ICICI card for 1st time.
Still got the card. You will get as well as you have received the text.

arun4455

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

It means the card has been approved. You will get a message that the card is linked to your user id. Then you will be able to see on the internet banking. On imobile, it will appear next day.

Last edited:

hitirfan

TF Buzz
I applied for ICICI Platinum on 10th June, 2024 and it got rejected. Next day Customer Care called me that he will file my application himself, and it will get approved. Completed phyiscal KYC etc. looks like card will get approved.