• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Lifetime Free Under Alumni Program : Full Details And Application Link

Just for info guys:

I applied using alumni link on 19th evening. On 20th morning, I received a call regarding setup of VKyc on 20th evening itself and was advised to pick up the call.

However, no one called up. And I waited till yesterday(24th morning), and then out of impatience, I just opened apply for credit card on fly from my wealth banking page(There was no pre qualified offer though). The web page asked for hell lot of details like employer, religion, pass out institution, official email and address and much more.

Several cards were shown me to choose. All cards except Emeralde were shown as LTF. Emeralde was shown as Rs. 1K+GST per month. Rubyx and Sapphiro were shown with two options Amex and Visa Signature. I chose Sapphiro Amex.

Application Number was generated, No VKYC was needed and I received a message that your application under process and final decision shall be communicated in 15 days. After the SMS was received, CIBIL was hit.

Will update with the outcome, fingers crossed.

So, I think you can try your luck by applying directly from ICICI Bank Net Banking Page.

And Yesterday evening after all this the previous lady executive handling Alumni Offer, called back and said there was some issue with the system, and now she is ready to process, I told her, I have already applied, she was disappointed :( and said she is dropping the lead.

Last edited:
Did anyone receive the LTF card if their college was not on the list? I am from SVNIT, Surat and am looking for an LTF CC.

Just for info guys:

I applied using alumni link on 19th evening. On 20th morning, I received a call regarding setup of VKyc on 20th evening itself and was advised to pick up the call.

However, no one called up. And I waited till yesterday(24th morning), and then out of impatience, I just opened apply for credit card on fly from my wealth banking page(There was no pre qualified offer though). The web page asked for hell lot of details like employer, religion, pass out institution, official email and address and much more.

Several cards were shown me to choose. All cards except Emeralde were shown as LTF. Emeralde was shown as Rs. 1K+GST per month. Rubyx and Sapphiro were shown with two options Amex and Visa Signature. I chose Sapphiro Amex.

Application Number was generated, No VKYC was needed and I received a message that your application under process and final decision shall be communicated in 15 days. After the SMS was received, CIBIL was hit.

So, I think you can try your luck by applying directly from ICICI Bank Net Banking Page.

And Yesterday evening after all this the previous lady executive handling Alumni Offer, called back and said there was some issue with the system, and now she is ready to process, I told her, I have already applied, she was disappointed :( and said she is dropping the lead.
Off topic: While applying did you notice, Coral RUPAY there ?

Got a rejection call from icici.
They said my college is not in list currently and they are putting it on hold. They will process it once it is included and will call again😭.

Just for info guys:

What salary did you fill, and was your employer listed?

Coral was there, but Rupay variant, I do not remember. May be it was there, I did not scroll down. Listing started from Emeralde Visa, Emeralde Master Card, Sapphiro Visa, Sapphiro Amex and then Rubyx Visa and Amex and the list went down.

Last edited:
Got a rejection call from icici.
They said my college is not in list currently and they are putting it on hold. They will process it once it is included and will call again😭.
How did you apply then if your college was not in the list?

Another college link. I told my college name to the agent who called me and she said it will work too. So I went ahead for remaining details and completed video kyc too.

But now after 2 weeks, agent called and told that he can't process it currently.
That meant you had a hard enquiry too in Cibil, correct?

If you hold any LTF Cards of ICICI >= Coral variant (non-Rupay) then you can try it via Twitter route. Mention the card variant which is LTF and tell you want CORAL RUPAY as LTF. Probability of getting approval is very high.

If you hold any LTF Cards of ICICI >= Coral variant (non-Rupay) then you can try it via Twitter route. Mention the card variant which is LTF and tell you want CORAL RUPAY as LTF. Probability of getting approval is very high.
That's the catch here.
They always say they can't apply Coral Rupay via twitter
Btw I have plenty of cards from ICICI but I don't have Coral. MMT Sig, MMT Plat, APAY, Saphhiro, Platinum Chip, these I have.
Saphhiro LTF recently got via this alumni link only.
Any other way ??

Coral was there, buy Rupay variant, I do not remember. May be it was there, I did not scroll down. Listing started from Emeralde Visa, Emeralde Master Card, Sapphiro Visa, Sapphiro Amex and then Rubyx Visa and Amex and the list went down.
Oh. Thanks for replying.
Just wanted to confirm if CORAL Rupay people are applying and getting online?
Or only option is branch ??
@Abhishek012

That's the catch here.
They always say they can't apply Coral Rupay via twitter
Btw I have plenty of cards from ICICI but I don't have Coral. MMT Sig, MMT Plat, APAY, Saphhiro, Platinum Chip, these I have.
Saphhiro LTF recently got via this alumni link only.
Any other way ??
I have received that way. You need to place upgrade request via one of your LTF Card.

Back