• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Campus Power account

Navneeth09

TF Buzz
[Reason for opening is to get an icici card(platinum ltf and then Apay), so suggestions regarding getting that easily without proving income is heartily welcomed.]

I have no prior relation to ICICI Bank. I am planning to open an account there, preferably one with low MAB criteria. I searched and found out about this account, but requires a 'premier institute' student label. Being a student, but not of a premier institute I am confused.
Please share experiences or suggestions about this account and how to open.

Now they're offering sapphiro credit card too in the range of complimentary credit cards. If here's any expert who got a good relationship with icici, tell me if after 6 months or an year, can I request for this card?
I don't think they offer sapphiro

Wait for pre-approved offers and le

Try for amazon icici card

Can you apply for Sapphiro?

What is the criteria? Do they have any different list of institutes like IIT/IIM that are eligible for Sapphiro and lower Institutes are eligible for Rubyx?

Also can you share complete details about this account?
You can see the list of eligible institutes for alumni credit card offer. But for this account, you need to confirm from your branch. As per my knowledge and the way I've applied, you can pick any credit card from the range of cards available and when I applied for the card, manchester united and Coral were only available.

I recently had an issue with ICICI Bank's Campus Power savings account and wanted to share my experience and the resolution, in case anyone else is facing similar issues.

Back in May 2024, I opened a Campus Power savings account with ICICI Bank because they advertised a complimentary credit card from the first year onwards. However, when I tried to apply for the credit card, the branch executives denied my application, saying I wasn't eligible. This was frustrating because the advertisement didn’t mention any such restrictions.

After my complaint to ICICI Bank didn’t resolve the issue, I escalated the matter to the RBI Ombudsman. I also filed a complaint with the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) about the misleading advertisement. ASCI took action, and ICICI Bank has since updated their brochure and webpage to clarify the eligibility criteria for the complimentary credit card.

In the end, ICICI Bank issued the promised credit card and corrected their advertising materials. This experience highlighted the importance of clear and honest advertising and the effectiveness of raising concerns with regulatory bodies.

If anyone else has faced similar problems or needs advice on how to escalate their complaints, feel free to reach out. I hope sharing this helps others navigate similar challenges!
What is your current age? Did they ask for income docs or was it a direct approval?

Yeah I have a credit history. I had a hdfc credit card, before hdfc I had one card that helped me build my credit history
Did they do a CIBIL hit? I’m contemplating opening this account. Don’t have a cibil history yet so this will help if the card is guaranteed

Last edited:
I recently had an issue with ICICI Bank's Campus Power savings account and wanted to share my experience and the resolution, in case anyone else is facing similar issues.

Back in May 2024, I opened a Campus Power savings account with ICICI Bank because they advertised a complimentary credit card from the first year onwards. However, when I tried to apply for the credit card, the branch executives denied my application, saying I wasn't eligible. This was frustrating because the advertisement didn’t mention any such restrictions.

After my complaint to ICICI Bank didn’t resolve the issue, I escalated the matter to the RBI Ombudsman. I also filed a complaint with the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) about the misleading advertisement. ASCI took action, and ICICI Bank has since updated their brochure and webpage to clarify the eligibility criteria for the complimentary credit card.

In the end, ICICI Bank issued the promised credit card and corrected their advertising materials. This experience highlighted the importance of clear and honest advertising and the effectiveness of raising concerns with regulatory bodies.

If anyone else has faced similar problems or needs advice on how to escalate their complaints, feel free to reach out. I hope sharing this helps others navigate similar challenges!
I want to open the campus power account but icici bank is asking for institute code i am from tiss Mumbai and IIT Madras i dont know what is the code of any of these let me know if you know anything

I want to open the campus power account but icici bank is asking for institute code i am from tiss Mumbai and IIT Madras i dont know what is the code of any of these let me know if you know anything
It is their duty to get institute code, public doesn't have information about that. If the branch is creating issues, better raise a complaint on X.

Did they do a CIBIL hit? I’m contemplating opening this account. Don’t have a cibil history yet so this will help if the card is guaranteed
They do check cibil and more than 725 is required for icici credit cards. Have a secured fd based card for 3 months than try. I would suggest if you're looking for credit card, do confirm before account opening that if they're offering credit cards now, I got an intimation from ASCI that the bank has changed their website and policy for issuing new cards associated with this account

bro is there any intitial funding requied for opening the acc? please let me know

Hi, I recently visited my nearby branch for opening an ICICI campus power account in order to avail the free credit card. However, the branch denied the existence of such an account and asked me to open a regular savings account. Please advise on what to do. If anyone has opened this account recently, kindly let me know the process to follow on the agent’s tablet for the same.

Hi, I recently visited my nearby branch for opening an ICICI campus power account in order to avail the free credit card.
I would suggest you get the account but not the credit card and get the FD-based Platinum Card from ICICI Bank and you can easily get Apay and Coral Rupay pre-approved LTF
However, the branch denied the existence of such an account and asked me to open a regular savings account. Please advise on what to do. If anyone has opened this account recently, kindly let me know the process to follow on the agent’s tablet for the same.

Mod @BVC @vaibhav111 merge the thread

Back