• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI credit card only - privilege banking tier

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I hold only 2 credit cards with ICICI, no Bank account, loan, etc

after logging into their app, I can see 'privilege banking' at the top.

can anyone explain how I got this, and what benefits can I enjoy, given that I don't have a bank account with ICICI?

kishorvr

TF Premier
I have had salary and savings accounts with ICICI since 2008. I closed them all. I have Platinum since 2015 now it has 2.7 lakhs. In November 2023, they gave me wealth management and the UI changed to black. Apparently i had opened a digital account in 2008, something unique back then, but never put money. I forgot it and it became dormant. So in November 2023, I came to know about the account and regularised it. I am maintaining only 15k in that account.

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
they have put almost everyone on privilege.. its nothing...
Yes. It's only all about look change of app & New badge. No perks till one open account with them.

If I open saving account with them,will this privilege banking will make it zero mab ?

Otherwise, will apply for indusind pinnacle later & open exclusive account & then link it with pinnacle to make it zero mab.

cardy

TF Ace
You need at least 2L credit card limit as mentioned in ICICI website to be a part of privilege banking program.
Now it's 4L credit card limit required for privilege banking in ICICI.

It has some features like zero mab account and colours etc. nothing much.

PS . It was 2L till nov 23

cardy

TF Ace
Now they also upgraded the credit limit to 2.1 lakhs.. But still what's the use of this privilege tag? Their customer support don't know anything
That customer support is now in every bank. They really don't know anything. It was supposed to offer a zero mab account with nil dc charges

cardy

TF Ace
The branch peoples are more illiterate than the customer service peoples 😆

Though you can try once if you are lucky to have a good banker you may have it

Go through this link for more details

Note: now after November 2023 the credit card limit requirement is 4L
iciprv.jpg

mayank_i

TF Buzz
The branch peoples are more illiterate than the customer service peoples 😆

Though you can try once if you are lucky to have a good banker you may have it

Go through this link for more details

Note: now after November 2023 the credit card limit requirement is 4L
iciprv.jpg
Strange I didn't meet any of those criteria and still got the privilege banking logo. Although now on CIBIL my credit limit will be reported as 4.2 lakhs (2.1 for Coral and 2.1 for APay).
Will still try and ask if they give me some extra feature or else no use of this maroon color.

cardy

TF Ace
Strange I didn't meet any of those criteria and still got the privilege banking logo. Although now on CIBIL my credit limit will be reported as 4.2 lakhs (2.1 for Coral and 2.1 for APay).
Will still try and ask if they give me some extra feature or else no use of this maroon color.
It was required 2L upto nov 2023
That's why you got it earlier