• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI RuPay Credit Cards UPI linking now live

you will be waiting for a loooonnngggg time ..
okay , there is nothing compulsory.. its nice to have...
The thing is I have read on all benefits. Good to have but not necessary for me. Moreover I am thinking of opening accounts in couple of other banks so icici isn't a priority right now.

Most probably will open Savings Max with HDFC next month to get Platinum debit card for 1% cashback stuff.

Reactions: SSV
@S S V

My debit card got renewed.
Just received it.
Earlier it was Titanium Mastercard.
This time it's Visa Platinum.

Should I ask for Titanium or Platinum is fine?
I don't use debit card for anything except cash withdrawal at times.
Can you share photo of welcome letter (hiding personal details)?
Cash withdrawal limit is 50k or 1L mentioned in welcome letter.

The thing is I have read on all benefits. Good to have but not necessary for me. Moreover I am thinking of opening accounts in couple of other banks so icici isn't a priority right now.

Most probably will open Savings Max with HDFC next month to get Platinum debit card for 1% cashback stuff.
Good plan... as I said before it is nice to have..

@S S V

My debit card got renewed.
Just received it.
Earlier it was Titanium Mastercard.
This time it's Visa Platinum.

Should I ask for Titanium or Platinum is fine?
I don't use debit card for anything except cash withdrawal at times.
Usually banks send same network card on renewal but seems like ICICI doesn't want to renew their cards on mastercard network.

Update- received mail and call from icici cust cc. Citing rubbish policies they said can't provide LTF coral and chargeable can be provided which I denied. Have sent a mail to headservicequality id now.

Went to hdfc for Savings Max account opening. Forgot taking the cheque 😂. Will get it done on Monday now. Will shift all money in icici to hdfc once opened and then send them a mail again, I did it cos of your idiotic policies of not providing Coral Rupay as ltf 😝

@S S V

Update- received mail and call from icici cust cc. Citing rubbish policies they said can't provide LTF coral and chargeable can be provided which I denied. Have sent a mail to headservicequality id now.

Went to hdfc for Savings Max account opening. Forgot taking the cheque 😂. Will get it done on Monday now. Will shift all money in icici to hdfc once opened and then send them a mail again, I did it cos of your idiotic policies of not providing Coral Rupay as ltf 😝

@S S V
You will miss icici imobile app because hdfc app is trash, actually every banking app is trash in front of icici imobile app. 😝

You will miss icici imobile app because hdfc app is trash, actually every banking app is trash in front of icici imobile app. 😝
No I won't. Will keep minimum amount 😉. Plus my 2 icici credit cards are there too.

And you are right.

imobile app is awesome.
Hdfc is rubbish.
Sbi new ios app is quite good too.
Axis was rubbish.
Amex is very good as well so far.
PNB one is Generic.
PNB genie is good.

No I won't. Will keep minimum amount 😉. Plus my 2 icici credit cards are there too.

And you are right.

imobile app is awesome.
Hdfc is rubbish.
Axis was rubbish.
PNB one is Generic.
PNB genie is good.
Even Bob World app is better than some private banking apps.

And you are right.

imobile app is awesome.
Hdfc is rubbish.
Axis was rubbish.
PNB one is Generic.
PNB genie is good.
Which two icici cards you're holding?

After doing a UPI merchant transaction I got two text messages. First one saying ICICI bank credit card xxxx debited for INR xxxx and then the next one saying ICICI bank acct xxxx debited for INR xxxx. Credit card number in the first message is the actual number of my card. But in the next message bank account number is different from credit card number. Is this normal? I am a little concerned here as I don't have any ICICI bank account, I just have their cards. (Screenshots attached)

Attachments

• 20230818_143644.jpg
    20230818_143644.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230818_143749.jpg
    20230818_143749.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 8
After doing a UPI merchant transaction I got two text messages. First one saying ICICI bank credit card xxxx debited for INR xxxx and then the next one saying ICICI bank acct xxxx debited for INR xxxx. Credit card number in the first message is the actual number of my card. But in the next message bank account number is different from credit card number. Is this normal? I am a little concerned here as I don't have any ICICI bank account, I just have their cards. (Screenshots attached)
I experienced same yesterday and wanted to discuss here but was becoming lazy to type😂
Thanks that you brought it here.
I used paytm and paid using coral rupay card. I do have icici bank account but debit account number in sms was different. I too got confused initially and then I checked transaction history there was only one listed that is debit transaction. Then I thought maybe it's icici internal implementation of how maybe certain scanned qr code to be paid. But yes I will be happy to know more on this issue.
To me it looks like payment debit from our coral rupay to some icici bank account and from there it's paid to merchant.

I experienced same yesterday and wanted to discuss here but was becoming lazy to type😂
Thanks that you brought it here.
I used paytm and paid using coral rupay card. I do have icici bank account but debit account number in sms was different. I too got confused initially and then I checked transaction history there was only one listed that is debit transaction. Then I thought maybe it's icici internal implementation of how maybe certain scanned qr code to be paid. But yes I will be happy to know more on this issue.
To me it looks like payment debit from our coral rupay to some icici bank account and from there it's paid to merchant.
Yes even I thought exactly the same. Looks like its some sort of internal arrangement they have in place for settling upi transactions. By the way I also used PayTM for the said transaction. Lets see if someone has more info regarding this.

Back