• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Sapphiro Dual (Master and Amex) to Visa Conversion Successful in August 2024

fageriaji

TF Ace
I already know that there are many threads on this point and members are talking about this topic.
Some members are saying that you can not convert, some are saying dual variant will be closed etc....
I will try to answer all question and myths about the conversion.

Here is my journey to convert Sapphiro Dual card to Visa One:
I successfully converted the Dual Card into Visa Card (By talking customer care), here are the Steps:

1. 01 August 2024: I talked to Customer Care to convert Dual Variant to Visa Variant.
Received email regarding telephonic conversation on the same day and CCE said "They will process it for approval, It may take 3-4 working days"

2. 05 Aug 2024: Again received a call and email about card conversion is approved and will be processed with in 7 working days.
The email was clearly mentioned that : Post issuance of sapphiro Visa card your exiting card amex and master variants will be cancelled. (It Doesn't matter for me because I just want to try myself and see the results).

3. 10 Aug 2024: I randomly checked iMobile and the Sapphiro Visa Variant was showing. There was total 3 Sapphiro cards. (Visa Variant image in iMobile showing it as Platinum not Signature)

4. 12 Aug 2024: Received email confirmation about dispatch of Sapphiro Visa Variant along with AWB number and sms from both ICICI and Bluedart.
5. 13 Aug 2024: I received Physical Card and it was Signature variant. (Still Dual variant is active)
6. 15 Aug 2024: I activated Visa Variant and purchased the CIBIL subscription. (Still Dual variant is active)
7. 17 Aug 2024: I received the physical Dream Folks Card for the visa variant. I have activated it in DF apps. (Still Dual variant is active)
8. 20 Aug 2024: Bill generated as per old billing cycle. (Still Dual variant is active)

Final Verdict:
Both variant are active. I did not received any call form ICICI Bank regarding activation.
I called ICICI Bank to confirm that Visa Variant is LTF or not. CCE says: It's Life Time FREE.

So the variant conversion is still on and it doesn't matter that you have activated the new card or not.

Last edited:
Solution
can we get free or doscounted CIBIL subscription using sappario visa?
Nope.
On the occasion of 15 August CIBIL launched a campaign in which CIBIL subscription was offered on 50% discount i.e. 599.99/-

You can try it by using coupan code if it is still available: FREEDOM50
Yes, I have all 3 variant.
I have one query. When I got my dual variant, I forgot to activate MasterCard and only activated AmeX thinking it will activate both. After few months they closed my Mastercard variant , now I'm only left with AmeX.

Is it possible to get Visa or Mastercard any one of them somehow as AmeX has acceptance problem.

I have one query. When I got my dual variant, I forgot to activate MasterCard and only activated AmeX thinking it will activate both. After few months they closed my Mastercard variant , now I'm only left with AmeX.

Is it possible to get Visa or Mastercard any one of them somehow as AmeX has acceptance problem.
How it is possible that master closed?
Ask CC team to send mastercard version as it is dual card.
You can also convert it to visa.

I have only MC sapphiro variant (when I had applied in 2021, Amex was not issued).

I tried to ask them via email to either convert my card to visa or provide me amex card. They declined that time.

What did you write in that email ? And the email address ?

for me it was, VISA gives direct discount on BMS instead of cashback (AMEX variant)
and hence I wanted to convert to VISA but recently read somewhere on this forum only that even AMEX is giving discount now
will try this month and if it's true, will keep the dual variant
else will convert to VISA

yeah, and also single card will be easier to carry
1725956355023.webp

Now Amex variant cards are also giving instant discount on BMS BOGO.

You can anyhow book 2+2
yeah, but if I'm booking 4 tickets at once, mostly 4 of us are going
only issues with booking 2 first and then the remaining 2 is, all 4 of them might not be adjacent,
since after first booking someone else might book the other 2 seats or even 1 seat

yeah, but if I'm booking 4 tickets at once, mostly 4 of us are going
only issues with booking 2 first and then the remaining 2 is, all 4 of them might not be adjacent,
since after first booking someone else might book the other 2 seats or even 1 seat
I know someone who books simultaneously on two different devices so that all the 4 seats are together.

Back