• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Bank Account Total Freeze

SteelSh0t

TF Premier
I've been using IDFC Bank account for around 3.5 years now but suddenly 4 days ago, they added a Total Freeze on my bank account stating - Financial transactions (both debit and credit) in your account are currently restricted.
I contacted my RM and he said that NPCI has put a restriction on the account and asked me from where I receive UPI payments in my account. I notified them that those UPI txns are from my business bank account and said the same over email, but after that, there have been no updates regarding this and just said that its in process.

Any idea what should I do next?

Update - After 20 days, the bank finally removed the Freeze from my account

Last edited:
What details did you share and to whom?
In my case, a freeze was imposed because of multiple credit/debits of the same amount. I told them that IDFC is my primary account for all debit-related transactions, and if I have to make a debit, I would credit my account for the same amount, which would be debited later on.

Showed them proof of all transactions, which were basically self-transfers or bill payments. Most of my transactions have been on Canara Setu or Airtel.

They asked me to submit a written letter mentioning all of this, and I also sent an email to BM.

They lifted the ban the next day and advised me to use other modes of payments as well, like NEFT/RTGS, etc. I told them that it is up to me whatever mode of payment I want to use, and they can go and f#ck themselves.

Today I received a email saying my account is frozen and I haven't even done more than 10 transactions, most of which are self-transfers.

View attachment 69009

Its holiday here today and my RM is on leave and really don't know what to do !!

Update: Okay guys I went to the bank yesterday and submitted the letter to unfreeze the account

The reason they are saying this is too many UPI transactions when I have done only 3 transactions this month.

So once they unfreeze it, I am gonna transfer all the money to my other bank accounts and close it.

Back