• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC - Closing Select and reapplying to get Wealth?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
as you all may already know, idfc doesn't have any mechanism in place for offering card upgrade. their attitude is like, keep using the card given to you, or close it.

I was wondering if closing the Select variant and then reapplying for Wealth variant would be feasible.

1) do banks unofficially blacklist customers for closing their credit cards voluntarily?
2) what are the chances that this method of applying for wealth would actually work?
3) any negative impact on bureau scores because of this?

Assume that I satisy the eligibility criteria for Wealth.

Last edited:

chdguy1980

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
as you all may already know, idfc doesn't have any mechanism in place for offering card upgrade. their attitude is like, keep using the card given to you, or close it.

I was wondering if closing the Select variant and then reapplying for Wealth variant would be feasible.

1) do banks unofficially blacklist customers for closing their credit cards voluntarily?
2) what are the chances that this method of applying for wealth would actually work?
3) any negative impact on bureau scores because of this?

Assume that I satisy the eligibility criteria for Wealth.
@athadfjp They do upgrade card variant based on Income proof, but their service is pathetic. Some people have got it upgraded.
If you call customer care on phone, they are going to say that there is no upgrade process. However if you write to banker@idfcfirst.com and ask for Limit enhancement and card upgrade, they may consider. They will ask for your Income proofs / salary statements / ITR.

They do it in two steps - first limit enhancement and then take a request for upgrade. Their internal policy for Wealth card is that minimum limit on existing card should be 5 Lacs. If they increase limit on your Select card to 5 Lacs based on Income documents, they should surely upgrade to Wealth card.

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
@athadfjp it is not impossible to get an upgrade from IDFC, I am travelling in the same boat and have been chasing these folks to get my IDFC Select credit card upgraded to IDFC Wealth. According to their customer care, one can get an upgrade to IDFC Wealth only if they have an income of 36 Lakhs per annum or above.

However, I am also aware that they gave this card to every Tom, Dick and Harry perviously and now imposing unnecessary conditions to existing card holders.

Recently, also came across one notification from One card where they are offering upgrade to IDFC Wealth to those customers who have not switched from IDFC One Card to other banking partners of One card (BOB, SBM etc.).

At this time, I would say keep on chasing them until you get your card upgraded, also try and escalate the matter to head.customerservice@idfcfirstbank.com if nobody is paying heed at banker@idfcfirstbank.com. Nodal officer might be the last resort in such cases.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
@athadfjp it is not impossible to get an upgrade from IDFC, I am travelling in the same boat and have been chasing these folks to get my IDFC Select credit card upgraded to IDFC Wealth. According to their customer care, one can get an upgrade to IDFC Wealth only if they have an income of 36 Lakhs per annum or above.

However, I am also aware that they gave this card to every Tom, Dick and Harry perviously and now imposing unnecessary conditions to existing card holders.

Recently, also came across one notification from One card where they are offering upgrade to IDFC Wealth to those customers who have not switched from IDFC One Card to other banking partners of One card (BOB, SBM etc.).

At this time, I would say keep on chasing them until you get your card upgraded, also try and escalate the matter to head.customerservice@idfcfirstbank.com if nobody is paying heed at banker@idfcfirstbank.com. Nodal officer might be the last resort in such cases.
so did you finally get an upgrade?

AshishR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
idfc is following yesbank's route,
soon their card would get huge devaluation, something similar wud happen. what happened to yes first credit card's