• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank Credit Card Application issue

ShadowGhost

TF Buzz
Hello !

I recently applied for IDFC First HPCL Power Plus Credit Card (499+GST). After the agent came for physical verification of my residential address, I obtained an SMS stating that my application could not be verified; despite my family member being physically present and stating them that I live there (I also answered the agent's call). I am a Maharatna PSU officer and currently hold quite a good number of credit cards according to my needs. I really don't know why IDFC is being no much "nagging" about issuing a paid credit card. Can anyone help me out here? :)

My current Credit Card portfolio:
------------------------------------
HDFC Millenia VISA (LTF)
PNB Platinum Rupay
Standard Chartered Smart
Axis ACE
Bob Premier (LTF)
OneCard BOB (LTF)

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 24
IDFC uses 3rd Party agent for home/office verification.
Sometimes they don't visit and report that unable to find the address or location.
I also faced this issue last time in my dad's case send the full address via email. Nothing happened, also my BM tried to reach out to the cc team no response.
The application will be rejected automatically after few days.

Seems like an agent level issue. You can give the address again in the link provided on SMS and they will (might?) send agent again to verify the address.

IDFC is still a new bank and has lots of gaps. I would try another bank if getting a similar offering.

Hello! (again)

My application has been registered with the bank, but the status was not updating since 18th June 2024. After nearly a week of wait, I decided to call their customer care to find out what's going on. They replied that my current address is not verified according to them and said that they have raised a complaint. 😅

I have never seen any bank behave this weirdly, I mean why would a bank say that a persons address could not be verified when he lives in metro area, has a govt job (my address was verified by police lol!) and has 6 more cards? My current status is attached herewith. I would really appreciate if anyone with a connection to IDFC Bank would like to help 🙂. I have quite a good fuel usage and that card would really help me out.

Attachments

• attachment2.jpg
    attachment2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 8
I have never seen any bank behave this weirdly, I mean why would a bank say that a persons address could not be verified when he lives in metro area, has a govt job (my address was verified by police lol!) and has 6 more cards? My current status is attached herewith. I would really appreciate if anyone with a connection to IDFC Bank would like to help 🙂. I have quite a good fuel usage and that card would really help me out.
The same thing happened to my dad twice by IDFC said they couldn't find the office building (Govt Office in Worli Mumbai), the address is also registered in Cibil. Both times they claim the same reason unable to locate the office. How come they do not find a Govt. Building in Mumbai(Tier 1 Metro City) god knows. Both times application was rejected submitted all the documents also the Geo Location Via Email. No Solution.

Hello! (again)

My application has been registered with the bank, but the status was not updating since 18th June 2024. After nearly a week of wait, I decided to call their customer care to find out what's going on. They replied that my current address is not verified according to them and said that they have raised a complaint. 😅

The verification is usually outsourced to a third party and the agents are incentivised on the number of verifications done (and not whether the outcome was positive or negative), so they don't care.

Write a complaint to IDFC and escalate as per their complaint resolution matrix.

The verification is usually outsourced to a third party and the agents are incentivised on the number of verifications done (and not whether the outcome was positive or negative), so they don't care.
I totally understand this, but when he already has a SB account with them also provided the Office ID card as proof. Also, I shared the address again then the same result. IDFC's Head Branch is just a few buildings from the address provided.
Write a complaint to IDFC and escalate as per their complaint resolution matrix.
Tried via my BM no resolution. After that never applied IDFC.

Back