• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank saving account Review

Santhosh

TF Buzz
Any one using IDFC First bank saving account and what is your experience ?
Planning to take this bank account for my investment SIPs and park some emergency fund.
Or any other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Planning to take this bank account for my investment SIPs and park some emergency fund.

Thank you.
I am using the IDFC First Current Account, thinking to open savings accounts too for me and my family, the people at my branch are nice and helpful.

They are even providing the High Interest Rates.

KGSIPO

TF Select
I have a savings account opened 4 months before. The staff came home and opened joint account. Very polite and very honesty staff. Didn't hide anything. Got the debit cards by post. Netbanking and mobile app are very good and has all facilities. If I make a call, they come and serve. Customer care is also good and no waiting time to connect. Open the account through offline

Fini7777

TF Premier

Thank you.
The service varies from branch to branch
My experience is: worst
opened IDFC ac online through VKYC ac got freeze after 3 months due to upi transactions although they r self transfers

I'd recommend u to go to any nearest branch and check if the branch people r polite if yes, Open acc offline in branch it will be better
and mention your income range high to avoid freezing issues.

Santhosh

TF Buzz
I have a savings account opened 4 months before. The staff came home and opened joint account. Very polite and very honesty staff. Didn't hide anything. Got the debit cards by post. Netbanking and mobile app are very good and has all facilities. If I make a call, they come and serve. Customer care is also good and no waiting time to connect. Open the account through offline
How much MAB do we need to maintain?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Worst worst worst
Me too
Closed after using it for 3 months
I closed ac within 2 months of account opening.
Avoid IDFC as of now for emergency funds.

When there would be an emergency, you will find your account freezed👍
Grapes are sour or u didn't get them

Idfc undoubtedly have problem with
High UPI transaction in their algorithm
Sometimes dc transaction fails too
Sometimes cc transactions too

But in hate you guys closed your eyes

Idfc dc is very good in terms of what it offers

1- reward structure ( if u can exploit and everyone knows it well )

2- Airport lounge ( not normal' lounge card u get access to even small lounge which aren't even in mid range paid cc
It has companion features too ( talking of select and wealth program)

3- insurance - yes it's tricky but if u count it it works

4- same treatment of account across branch

Their algorithm is fucked up but the cow is milking good so why close eye better be cautious

TheTrickySid

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Idfc dc is very good in terms of what it offers

1- reward structure ( if u can exploit and everyone knows it well )
I have an issue here.
The are deliberately only having the lowest denomination vouchers in stock on their rewards redemption portal.
Which indirectly force people to make redemption in multiple go thus charging a redemption fee for every redemption.
Just for my case I have 18k points
Want to redeem it for apay voucher
So in order to redeem all the points I have to make 4 to 5 cycles of redemption causing a redemption fee of 600.

Also they only stock in the lowest denomination vouchers. I've observing them since last 3 months and never ever the rest of the denomination voucher were in stock apart from the lowest ones.