• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank Top Spender Contest

This is obviously misleading advertisement as per consumer protection act 2019. This type of campaign to lure customers and not fulfilling them later on is totally misleading. I won't mind even if they give the prizes to the uber rich fellow you are talking about. But they should atleast declare the winners list and give the prizes to someone. Because these things depicts the intension and credibility of an institution. If so then we can not trust them or can't expect to get any good service from them.
I don't consider it as ethical as well

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This is obviously misleading advertisement as per consumer protection act 2019. This type of campaign to lure customers and not fulfilling them later on is totally misleading. I won't mind even if they give the prizes to the uber rich fellow you are talking about. But they should atleast declare the winners list and give the prizes to someone. Because these things depicts the intension and credibility of an institution. If so then we can not trust them or can't expect to get any good service from them.
In my humble opinion.. think this is a rather stretched grievance for what can be considered typical / standard marketing.. agree with what @gurbina mentioned in some of the posts.

To flip the argument, there's no proof to suggest the offer was not fulfilled besides speculation. One can of course complain or file legal case etc but what's the point?

Read through the fine print & point 10 I think talks of bank discretion.. another point talks of IDFC having complete control over the terms / qualification / disqualification etc. Also not mentioned anywhere that winners will be disclosed publically.

Most of these offers have such T&Cs with loopholes. Banks work with stringent regulatory criteria & other conditions, will they design such offers without due caution?

If someone really gets sucked in by these open ended, top spender type offers which have no fixed spend criteria &/or assured rewards then I'd say it's the end customers who are being foolish. If one gets into splurging blindly without an assured reward in the hope of winning an iPhone, then I guess the aim of the marketing is achieved & the bank is the ultimate winner!