• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank Top Spender Contest

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
IDFC First Bank ruining a top spender contest.
Offer Period- 5th October to 31st October, 2022
Eligible credit cards - FIRST Classic Credit Card, FIRST Millennia Credit Card, FIRST Select Credit Card, FIRST Wealth Credit Card and IDFC FIRST Bank Employee Credit Card.
Offer Type- targeted (you'll receive sms for enrollment)
How to enroll-
You can find the enrollment link in the sms received from IDFC First Bank
IMG-20221005-WA0015.jpg

Click on the link, and you'll see confirmation page like this-

IMG-20221005-WA0013.jpg
What you can win-
Please check this chart-
Screenshot_20221005-120532_Samsung Internet.jpg

Spends that are not eligible-
The offer will not be valid on spends done on Insurance (MCC 3429, 5960, 6300, 6381, 6513), Fuel (MCC 5172, 5541, 5542, 5983), Cash (MCC 6010, 6011,7280), Rent Payments (MCC 6513) and Wallet Load (MCC 6540).

Full terms and conditions- https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/personal-banking/top-spender-festive-campaign-tnc

Infiniti

TF Select
VIP Lounge
decent cashback offer

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-13-12-50-33-38_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-13-12-50-33-38_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    676.1 KB · Views: 68

Gautham

TF Premier
Can anyone please confirm whether buying swiggy gift card from Paytm will be considered as valid spends?

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Got this message my IDFC select credit card.

Congratulations! You have unlocked 10000 reward points on achieving your spends target with your IDFC FIRST Bank Credit Card in our #KhushiyanFIRST season.
Had around 1.1L offline spends - already got around 8k points with the statement.
18k points - 4.5k statement credit
Was quite unexpected - close to a 4.1% reward rate for offline spends

DevD

TF Premier
I thing IDFC bank made a bluff here. They did not give anything to anybody. As per their terms and conditions prizes should be posted before 30th December, but there is no update from them. They are silent on twitter and facebook, no one got anything.

DevD

TF Premier
Yes they made a bluff I guess....I too received just a 500rs cashback
I wonder how much should one spend to get the iphone
got 500 cashback
Just curious..has anyone won under the hourly / daily offer or received the cashback?
Its time to bombard their social media handles like twitter and facebook asking about this. We should teach them a lesson that they should no make us fool. They intentionally did this to compel the customers to spend more and thus they will earn if anyone convert transactions into emi or if anyone default payment. This type of misleading advertisement and against the consumer protection laws.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I wouldn't call it illegal or misleading. It's plain marketing.

You could say the same about how credit card and 0 EMI make people spend more and buy expensive items they can't afford and get indebted, specially at the interest rates of credit cards in India that usually go into the 40-60% interest range anually.

It would be dumb for anyone to just spend a butt load to try to win an iPhone when a fair chunk of people out there who usually spend north if 10L monthly and those who use it for self employment expenses, some that I've seen spend north of 50L but they usually spend by other methods or use charge cards.

There's companies that still send people overseas on their dime and reimburse the costs to their employees that can easily go into the 10L range monthly.

If they get it, they get it and I bet they wouldn't care much about winning an iPhone which is a drop of water in the ocean for them in terms of value. Nice gesture and cool to get from the bank but you shouldn't force yourself to do it.

This is more like rewards for those with organic spends.

Last edited:

DevD

TF Premier
I wouldn't call it illegal or misleading. It's plain marketing.

You could say the same about how credit card and 0 EMI make people spend more and buy expensive items they can't afford and get indebted, specially at the interest rates of credit cards in India that usually go into the 40-60% interest range anually.

It would be dumb for anyone to just spend a butt load to try to win an iPhone when there's people out there is a fair chunk of people who usually spend north if 10L monthly and those who use it for self employment expenses, some that I've seen spend north of 50L but they usually spend by other methods or use charge cards.

There's companies that still send people overseas on their dime and reimburse the costs to their employees that can easily go into the 10L range monthly.

If they get it, they get it and I bet they wouldn't care much about winning an iPhone which is a drop of water in the ocean for them in terms of value. Nice gesture and cool to get from the bank but you shouldn't force yourself to do it.

This is more like rewards for those with organic spends.
This is obviously misleading advertisement as per consumer protection act 2019. This type of campaign to lure customers and not fulfilling them later on is totally misleading. I won't mind even if they give the prizes to the uber rich fellow you are talking about. But they should atleast declare the winners list and give the prizes to someone. Because these things depicts the intension and credibility of an institution. If so then we can not trust them or can't expect to get any good service from them.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This is obviously misleading advertisement as per consumer protection act 2019. This type of campaign to lure customers and not fulfilling them later on is totally misleading. I won't mind even if they give the prizes to the uber rich fellow you are talking about. But they should atleast declare the winners list and give the prizes to someone. Because these things depicts the intension and credibility of an institution. If so then we can not trust them or can't expect to get any good service from them.
You think it's all made up with no prizes given away? It's a measly few gadgets and phones that is worth nothing to them, it is like toilet paper to them. Even toilet paper for them is more costly.

A bank this size and old (with a track record), running a marketing campaign like this involves a lot of departments and people. Banks are heavily audited internally and externally, lots of scrutiny. They're one of the most bureocratic things to exist.

Even in the best case scenario they'd have still been ratted out. It's a huge organization with this enormous, high profile and dumb campaign with prizes that are worth to them literally nothing, it is a drop of water in the ocean.

They don't even have much to gain, I wouldn't actually think they'd make a lot more of profit out of this. This is a standard marketing campaign for brand value and publicity.

I can understand the policies around not declaring the winner. That's a very delicate and personal thing, your spends, and that can make you a target for criminals, getting criticized and so on. Would you like your name on a list in the national TV and newspaper saying how much you spend monthly?

Last edited: