• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC first power plus UPI credit card vs SBI BPLCL octane VISA signature card, which one is better ?

sudhanshu22

TF Buzz

IDFC First Power Plus UPI Card:​

SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card:​

The SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card offers a higher value back on fuel expenses compared to the IDFC card, which might be beneficial if you spend a lot on fuel. However, it also comes with a higher joining and annual fee. The IDFC card has a lower fee structure and offers rewards on a variety of other spends, including grocery and utility.

Attachments

If you go by the annual fees, IDFC power plus makes more sense. I’ve been using this card for more than two months and paid two bills till date and I’m yet to find any points discrepancies. The thing I do is that I make sure that I pay via the HP pay app. This way I also get 1% discount which sets off the fuel surcharge. In short you get roughly 5% discount on fuel, Groceries and Fastag and that was my prime pick to get this card.

Reactions: L2R
If you go by the annual fees, IDFC power plus makes more sense. I’ve been using this card for more than two months and paid two bills till date and I’m yet to find any points discrepancies. The thing I do is that I make sure that I pay via the HP pay app. This way I also get 1% discount which sets off the fuel surcharge. In short you get roughly 5% discount on fuel, Groceries and Fastag and that was my prime pick to get this card.
how is the fuel cashback redemption process on idfc?

its slightly complicated on sbi bpcl. we need to find a patient fuel pump operator and go when there is no rush otherwise, they wont redeem the points. takes 3 to 4 mins if the guy is knowledgeable.

The 1770 joining fee is higher but you will get 1500 worth points which you can convert to statement credit by calling customer care
wow. didnt know that! so basically, we are paying only the GST of 270 per year?

1. is it possible to upgrade from the existing SBI BPCL card to octane version?

2. also, as a member mentioned above, are there charges for converting the 6k points to statement credit? please advice.

2. also, as a member mentioned above, are there charges for converting the 6k points to statement credit? please advice.
Not per year…. 1500 voucher is only the welcome benefit… there is no renewal benefit after 1 year. Only fee waiver above 2L spends

Yes
1. You cannot upgrade BPCL to Octane, you have to apply separately for the card online
2. There are no charges.
Statement credit is the best option.
the other vouchers and all are not worth it

And yes, you also get RSA worth 1400 free with this card. For the price this card is worth it.
how is the fuel cashback redemption process on idfc?

its slightly complicated on sbi bpcl. we need to find a patient fuel pump operator and go when there is no rush otherwise, they wont redeem the points. takes 3 to 4 mins if the guy is knowledgeable.
im afraid I’m yet to try this. From what I have been told that you can get statement credit which looks better than SBI

Small correction: HP pay offers 1.5% cashback making it a total of 6.5% without the fuel surcharge waiver. Effectively it offers roughly 5.5% which is great considering the annual fees plus it offers flat 5% on groceries and Fastag like I mentioned above

Small correction: HP pay offers 1.5% cashback making it a total of 6.5% without the fuel surcharge waiver. Effectively it offers roughly 5.5% which is great considering the annual fees plus it offers flat 5% on groceries and Fastag like I mentioned above
Did you use this card at snapay
(MCC -UTILITY) to get 5%?

Back