• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC first select banking program

I have the required 3 lakhs in my idfc acct but according to bank manager, associates and tele banking officer still there is no option to upgrade I need to maintain the balance for 3 months when I will be able to apply for the upgrade. Can anybody confirm this? Is this true and according to them as I have a account in rural branch I can't upgrade but they also say that they don't have the home branch concept. They are sending multiple messages across. Does anyone agree and by the way if anyone is using this account I would like to know the response and service of the staff and their knowledge ?

Surprise Surprise ... My mother got a call from her RM today that her account is being upgraded to Select Banking Program. Her account is less than a year old, AMB around 50k.

Guess who's furious... Her son (me) ... 😂

I have a 2 year old account in IDFC ... AMB in much higher multiples than her, should've qualified to Select automatically as per their existing requirement anyways.

But I haven't received any upgrade.

Called my RM, gave him an earful. Poor chap had to hear a rant due to IDFCs shitty non-transparent policies.
First the Debit card fee policy, and now this. He asked for my mother's account details and confirmed that she's eligible, and was as surprised as me.
Lets see what he comes back with. He has asked for 1-2 day time as he needs to get approvals from the concerned teams and then inform the backend team to make me eligible for the upgrade.
Utha le re deva utha le
Mereko nahi is IDFC bank ko utha le
😢

Surprise Surprise ... My mother got a call from her RM today that her account is being upgraded to Select Banking Program. Her account is less than a year old, AMB around 50k.

Guess who's furious... Her son (me) ... 😂

I have a 2 year old account in IDFC ... AMB in much higher multiples than her, should've qualified to Select automatically as per their existing requirement anyways.

But I haven't received any upgrade.

Called my RM, gave him an earful. Poor chap had to hear a rant due to IDFCs shitty non-transparent policies.
First the Debit card fee policy, and now this. He asked for my mother's account details and confirmed that she's eligible, and was as surprised as me.
Lets see what he comes back with. He has asked for 1-2 day time as he needs to get approvals from the concerned teams and then inform the backend team to make me eligible for the upgrade.
I was watching one video and people claimed that they got Select / Wealth program on 10k mab with only maintaining around mab , I called bs that time but looks like it just random dice roll 😂

I will tell share my experience today, I received a call from Wealth RM/BM, IDFC Bank (Kasba branch, Kolkata) and she said that I will be getting a SMS and I need to click on the link there and I would be enrolled onto family/privilege banking. Initially I opened a normal 25k MAB account in IDFC, then funded it further for Wealth eligibility.

The SMS was manually generated by bank persons, as they knew I will be getting a SMS and called me up at the same time, I checked the sender and then clicked on the link to have the T&C's defined before the upgrade. I had to tick and submit. The RM/BM said that the rest of the proceedings to upgrade my account to Wealth would be taken care of.

Just a few hours after that my 25k account personal banker called me up to explain some shit investments with 6.5% IRR :D . I politely deferred it for next month till I get my account upgraded.

So the morale is apart from automatic upgrades it can also be done manually if your BM/RM wants to.

I will tell share my experience today, I received a call from Wealth RM/BM, IDFC Bank (Kasba branch, Kolkata) and she said that I will be getting a SMS and I need to click on the link there and I would be enrolled onto family/privilege banking. Initially I opened a normal 25k MAB account in IDFC, then funded it further for Wealth eligibility.

The SMS was manually generated by bank persons, as they knew I will be getting a SMS and called me up at the same time, I checked the sender and then clicked on the link to have the T&C's defined before the upgrade. I had to tick and submit. The RM/BM said that the rest of the proceedings to upgrade my account to Wealth would be taken care of.

Just a few hours after that my 25k account personal banker called me up to explain some shit investments with 6.5% IRR :D . I politely deferred it for next month till I get my account upgraded.

So the morale is apart from automatic upgrades it can also be done manually if your BM/RM wants to.
Is you account upgraded?

Back