• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC first select banking program

I have the required 3 lakhs in my idfc acct but according to bank manager, associates and tele banking officer still there is no option to upgrade I need to maintain the balance for 3 months when I will be able to apply for the upgrade. Can anybody confirm this? Is this true and according to them as I have a account in rural branch I can't upgrade but they also say that they don't have the home branch concept. They are sending multiple messages across. Does anyone agree and by the way if anyone is using this account I would like to know the response and service of the staff and their knowledge ?

These banks are so inconsistent. Just yesterday my RM told that I’m not eligible for select program upgrade as my previous 3 month balance is just about 3 lakh and I need to maintain 5 lakh for 3 months. Lol.

Got upgraded to the Select banking program automatically a few days back.

Have a 5+ yrs old Salary account though which has been getting a 6 digit salary every month. Had also got a pre approved IDFC Select CC too a year+ back.

Usually don't maintain much balance in the account but last month (when the Select program invite / upgrade got triggered), I had for the first time kept around 1L balance for an entire month.

As for the upgrade itself, got a call from my newly designated RM introducing himself & the program. He triggered an SMS from which I had to click the acceptance link to give my formal consent. Did so post the call. All this happened around 2 Jan itself.

Almost 3 weeks later, I can see the virtual Select DC in my login but not got the physical kit yet. Seems to be taking quite a while for a simple card delivery.

Anyways, not sure what or how the upgrade got triggered in my case but ya have anyways laid out my scenario above.

Last edited:
Got upgraded to the Select banking program automatically a few days back.

Have a 5+ yrs old Salary account though which has been getting a 6 digit salary every month. Had also got a pre approved IDFC Select CC too a year+ back.

Usually don't maintain much balance in the account but last month (when the Select program invite / upgrade got triggered), I had for the first time kept around 1L balance for an entire month. Got a call from my newly designated RM & he triggered an SMS from which I had click the link to give my formal consent.

Can see the virtual Select DC in my login but not got the physical kit. Seems to be taking quite a while for a simple card delivery.

Anyways, not sure what or how the upgrade got triggered in my case but ya have anyways laid out my scenario above.
Plz share the contact number of the RM it'd be great help

how do i get my IDFC RM number, a person called from the IDFC bank a while back i don't remember who and i have a iPhone so it won't keep a call list of over 100 calls so that number is gone! any other way.. or need to visit the offline branch but have little hope of succeeding there. it seems that for a minimum 3 months, i would try to keep 10lakhs AQB and wait for the auto upgrade.

@#aniket , @vaibhav111

How to get IDFC select account if not wealth . Currently I hold their wealth CC.
@HumorSimpson Select, Wealth are not bank account rather it's banking relationship/wealth program like HDFC have.

Yes you can negotiate with the BM/RM before opening bank account, can get select with 3L IP depends upon the branch or after opening 10k/25k AMB A/c and can upgrade with 3L or so based on negotiation.

Last edited:
Can you please explain in detail?

IDFC has two savings programs: with 10K MAB or 25K MAB.

Open IDFC and select one of the above two options. Your account created.

Now maintain 3L MAB (for select) or 10L MAB (for wealth) for atleast 3 months (1 Quarter) to 6 months (2 Quarters)

then your account automatically upgrade to select/wealth based on MAB otherwise 10k/25k account keep continue.

----------- this is online and digital route and it takes time to upgrade your account based on MAB.

Otherwise, Open IDFC account - get virtual RM or approach nearby BM/RM - deal with them (they'll ask IP of 10L or FD or ULIP etc.) - then upgrade your account to select/wealth based on deal within 1 month.

----------- this is how BM/RM help you fasttrack the upgrade.

Note: Account downgrade can happen anytime if required MAB not maintained, so do at your own caution.

@#aniket , @vaibhav111

How to get IDFC select account if not wealth . Currently I hold their wealth CC.
Some of user have already answered, it simple keep 10L for a month and Ask for upgrade for wealth that what I did. It wa rejected once but I gave a shot via call to my rm and it was upgrade in feb of 2024.

Will they downgrade if we don't maintain the balance later?

they do

Back