• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Wealth Banking (First Select account) criteria

codenerd

TF Ace
1682438705625-jpeg.15173

For all those wondering what's the criteria for upgrading to First Select Account which comes under wealth banking program.
Got it from the bank directly. This is for Wealth account (First Select Account). You wont find it anywhere! 🙂

Apart from lounge access 1+1 nothing much to consider it seems.
For lounge access & BMS offers have so many more credit cards.
I wasn’t maintaining the required NRV for select banking which they upgraded last year. If they downgrade I won’t probably make efforts to fill in back

If you are already an existing customer and upgraded to Wealth Program (welath/select) then you need to maintain the AMB with which the account was opened say e.g. 25K and not the AMB mentioned in the jpg image shared.

As for the benefits as asked by some. Think IDFC offers one of the best debit card features like enhanced limits, insurance protecton, Lounge access with companion, RSA, Golf lessons/games (Wealth variant has it, not sure about Select).

Last edited:
Does this account variant specifically Wealth also get you Wealth credit card ?
Negative. Wealth Credit Card is provided on your credit limit if you already have IDFC Card. And if you don't have one at present then I'll recommend not to get one till your account is upgraded to Wealth and then try. And IDFC doesn't enhance credit limit on card to card basis; have been trying that for last couple of months.

If you've credit limit of 3 Lakhs then you can ask for upgrade to Select and to Wealth if the credit limit is 5 Lakhs and beyond.

If you are not getting auto upgrade, talk you your RM and he will get it done. Typically, maintaining 1 lakh will get to upgrade to select banking.

Is it? My RM was asking me to add my family member when I was opening account.
As an addon account maybe but not as a family/group banking. Addon account you can definitely add but as per famil banking, you cant have multiple individual accounts and club them together. I myself have 3 accounts in family and still dont have FAMILY banking coz IDFC doesnt have that facility only. Got it confirmed over call today.

As an addon account maybe but not as a family/group banking. Addon account you can definitely add but as per famil banking, you cant have multiple individual accounts and club them together. I myself have 3 accounts in family and still dont have FAMILY banking coz IDFC doesnt have that facility only. Got it confirmed over call today.
what is the difference between add on and family linked saving accounts?

I remember reading that the First Select does not penalise you on not maintaining AMBCan anyone confirm?
My sister recently got auto upgraded from normal account to First Select (Wealth banking) account which comes with Blue color Visa Infinite debit card. Over the call I myself confirmed with the RM before upgrading and she clearly stated that its a 0 MAB account now that its upgraded. Earlier she was having minimum 25k MAB account.. Even in the app it will show as blue theme now instead of maroon/red

M
My sister recently got auto upgraded from normal account to First Select (Wealth banking) account which comes with Blue color Visa Infinite debit card. Over the call I myself confirmed with the RM before upgrading and she clearly stated that its a 0 MAB account now that its upgraded. Earlier she was having minimum 25k MAB account.. Even in the app it will show as blue theme now instead of maroon/red
May I know how she got upgraded?

Automatically or is there any other way?

Back