• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Wealth Banking (First Select account) criteria

codenerd

TF Ace
1682438705625-jpeg.15173

For all those wondering what's the criteria for upgrading to First Select Account which comes under wealth banking program.
Got it from the bank directly. This is for Wealth account (First Select Account). You wont find it anywhere! 🙂

What are the features of family banking? what are the advantages to have it?
From what I've seen personally and I guess is standard for any family banking these days, the benefits of the primary account holder are shared across with all the family members. As I mentioned above, in my case my sister was extended a wealth account and her own wealth debit card with all her perks, same as if she would have if it was an individual account but since it's linked to mine, she doesn't have to go through it. Most of the benefits are extended that way, like home check-pickup or home banking etc.

How about if I open it online?
can I get wealth credit card if maintained 10L for 3months?
p.s: i hold select credit card already
Don't open it online if you want wealth/select account. Branch creates so much trouble for upgrade later. Call idfc customer care and ask them to send nearest branch wealth RM to your house for account opening.

When he visits, tell him that you'll open account only if he upgrade it just after account opening.

No you won't get wealth CC based on wealth account. IDFC doesn't consider your account variant for CC.

Don't open it online if you want wealth/select account. Branch creates so much trouble for upgrade later. Call idfc customer care and ask them to send nearest branch wealth RM to your house for account opening.

When he visits, tell him that you'll open account only if he upgrade it just after account opening.

No you won't get wealth CC based on wealth account. IDFC doesn't consider your account variant for CC.
So what's special with wealth variant since it requires 10L maintenance

How about if I open it online?
can I get wealth credit card if maintained 10L for 3months?
p.s: i hold select credit card already
1. Time period of 3 months is arbitrary. It may take more time. So be prepared for anything between 6months to one year.
2. Credit card has no relation with the variant of savings account you have with the bank.
3. You may apply for upgrade to Wealth credit Card if your credit limit is in excess of ₹5 Lakhs. IDFC is very fussy in enhancing credit card limit. They do not do it on card to card basis also.
4. As for your question in an earlier post 'So what's special with wealth variant since it requires 10L maintenance'?
(a) firstly you need not maintain 10Lakhs after your account has been upgraded. The MAB has to whatever you initially opened your account with. In most cases its 25K.
(b) Wealth DC offers benefits which even most credit cards don't. I'll list them in the next post.

Last edited:
Nothing much. Just a good Debit card. It gives complimentary domestic lounge access to guests as well. One Free locker. 2 international lounge access/quarter. @nadeem
Its just not these. In addition to the ones listed by you, Wealth DC offers benefits which even most credit cards don't. Not even their own Wealth CC.

* Enhanced withdrawal and purchase limit (& lakhs & 12 lakhs respectively)
* Insurance and protection (Personal accident - 1Cr, Air Accident-2.5Cr, Purchase protection-1Lakhs).
* 3 Domestic Lounge access per quarter with companion.
* 2 International lounge visits.
* 4 Golf rounds and 12 golf lessons in a year.
* Lounge and Golf are not spend based as is the case with IDFC Select and Wealth CCs.
* PAN India RSA.
* Exclusive banking services like one free locker, preferential forex rates, complimentary doorstep banking services etc.

Just confirmed today with multiple folks from IDFC and they clearly mentioned that they dont have concept of FAMILY or GROUP banking! LAME!!!!
My RM confirmed that they have family banking program and asked me to click and accept on this link to attach my mother's account with mine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-13-10-31-10-898_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-13-10-31-10-898_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 85

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-13-10-35-36-179_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-13-10-35-36-179_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 53
Back