• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Future First Savings Account (My Journey + General Guide)

devsfinance

TF Premier
Hello everyone in this post I will be sharing steps to open future first account in IDFC first bank along with my journey for the same.

I am not sharing the benefits of the account in detail but two main benefits are:-
  1. 0 MAB account
  2. Visa Signature debit card
There is lot of confusion about the account opening process due to it being a pure offline process and branch being less aware, so let me break down the process for you.

Steps for opening Future First account :-
  1. First step you have to take is write IDFC an email to any of their email and ask them whether your institute is eligible or not and also ask which branch you should visit by providing the area pin-code or something.
  2. As mentioned above this card can only be opened offline so you will have to visit the branch for the same.
    • Now once you visit the branch there can be two scenarios either they will open the account without any problem if they are already aware about the account.
    • In other case they will probably tell you that they only have two variant of the account 10K MAB and 25 MAB and no such account is there like future first or any other excuse to deny you the account opening. If this is the case you can write a email and tell them that this branch has denied the account opening, they will contact you back and either ask you to visit other branch or tell you to go to the same branch in any case just ask them to shoot an email to the respective branch so that they will contact you to make the process easy for you.(You can also ask them to come to your location to open account when contacted back by branch)
  3. After this most probably someone is agreed to open your account and using their tablet to open account, in this after selecting Future First he/she probably will have to enter some corporate name/id, Here they have to select your college from the list so if they ask you, just tell them to start writing name of college it will come in suggestion and select that. (If full form is not coming try writing short forms as well. eg. IIT, IIM, etc.)
    • For first time for me the colleges didn't show up (not mine but any institute) may be a glitch or something but all the corporate companies were coming so the person, tried lowering my salary and then the institutes showed up in the list but again we were not sure what made this happen may be glitch may be income you can try this if it happens with you.
    • Also note here many top institutes are not there while many tier 2/ tier 3 institutes are there in the list so you can check even if you are not from "premier college" as they call it because we don't know their definition of premier. I have myself check the list, It didn't have many top institutes but had many lower ranked colleges.
    • Now for verification depending on the person he/she may or may not ask for any ID if you don't have one and he/she asks just tell them to enter your ID number as you forgot to take your id. (This field is not a required field for them to enter so if you tell them the ID number they may feel you are a genuine student and let you open the account) and there is no such thing to enter the ID proof for them. So even if you don't tell them anything it can be opened. Again as I mentioned nothing is "Required" but they may ask just to verify they don't have to put anything in system.
    • Although I will suggest not to tell them fake details but again it comes to your personal choice how you want to do it, I personally didn't do anything like this as my institute was already there.
  4. There is nothing needed other than this and your account will be opened. No funding is required either, but if they ask you for some small funding it can't hurt I guess cause anyway it's 0 MAB account so you can withdraw everything from it. You will see the DC in app by next few days(which was case for me) and receive a physical one in a week or so.
Some things to note:-
  • If you are not from those institutes I will suggest to get a CC from IDFC instead of this account and you probably will get the 0 MAB in Whatsapp or something. I am not sure about the process as I haven't applied my self.
  • I asked them for validity of the account they said it's either till we graduate and convert it to another account by ourselves or till we turn 30 when they will convert it to another normal account although I am not sure on this.
  • If you are still not getting it, I believe there is nothing special in this just a 0 MAB account.
This was my first thread of this kind any suggestion are welcome, I will edit this post if required. That was all from my side drop your questions below.

They are asking me if I have a valid government proof of address within 20 kms of branch to do KYC, she said one of their executives have to visit my place to verify address and do KYC. Is this true?