• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC offering me 15k voucher to close the case with banking ombudsman

Hi,

I asked IDFC bank to upgrade the card from select to wealth but IDFC denied the same. later when I asked them the reason I didn't get any response for a month. Then again they said due to internal policy card can't be upgraded. Fed up with their delayed mechanic response I requested them to close my card on 31st Jan. Bank stopped replying after that due to which I placed complaint with banking ombudsman. Finally bank closed the card on 6th March.

I asked them to compensate and they just offered 2k voucher which I denied and placed complaint with banking ombudsman again. Today I got a call from bank saying we will give 15k voucher.

should I accept that? will my credibility for future complaints with Banking Ombudsman drop if I accept the voucher to close the case?

please respond with your valuable inputs.

thanks

Hi,

I asked IDFC bank to upgrade the card from select to wealth but IDFC denied the same. later when I asked them the reason I didn't get any response for a month. Then again they said due to internal policy card can't be upgraded. Fed up with their delayed mechanic response I requested them to close my card on 31st Jan. Bank stopped replying after that due to which I placed complaint with banking ombudsman. Finally bank closed the card on 6th March.

I asked them to compensate and they just offered 2k voucher which I denied and placed complaint with banking ombudsman again. Today I got a call from bank saying we will give 15k voucher.

should I accept that? will my credibility for future complaints with Banking Ombudsman drop if I accept the voucher to close the case?

thanks
Not an issue Reg ombudsman they won’t keep track
Get 15k voucher and celebrate
After 45 days apply fresh with another mob number for wealth card lol

Hi,

thanks
Can you share a screenshot or verbatim quote of the complaint that you filed with the Ombudsman?

yup here it is.
As per RBI guideline, bank should close the card within 7 days from closure request. If bank fails to do that, bank liable to pay 500 per day to the consumer till the date card is closed. In your case, card closure requested 31-Jan & actual card closed on 06-Mar. Bank took 27 days to close the card & liable to pay 27×500 = Rs. 13,500.

As per RBI guideline, bank should close the card within 7 days from closure request. If bank fails to do that, bank liable to pay 500 per day to the consumer till the date card is closed. In your case, card closure requested 31-Jan & actual card closed on 06-Mar. Bank took 27 days to close the card & liable to pay 27×500 = Rs. 13,500.
Apart from this, bank has lied to RBI that, I requested for credit limit enhancement not credit card upgrade.
Bank also didn't provide me reason for declining my card upgrade request. They stopped replying to my emails.

Hi,

thanks
How about now asking idfc considering the upgrade to wealth card instead of 15k

Apart from this, bank has lied to RBI that, I requested for credit limit enhancement not credit card upgrade.
Bank also didn't provide me reason for declining my card upgrade request. They stopped replying to my emails.
They consider card upgrade as limit enhancement itself.
But they are giving a 15k voucher take it as ombudsman doesnt track these and even if it did the bank is anyway liable to pay you in damages.
just check the rbi circular whether it mentions that the damages that the bank will pay would be in cash or cash equivalent

Back