• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Vistara First 3 month Bonus points

anivar

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Looks like IDFC changed its 6000 Bonus point offer to 2nd 3rd and 4th Billing Cycles from initial 3 months wording .

When I applied this is what the website said. "First 2 billing cycles from Card Generation"

milestone-activation-benefits-card.png

And there was this FAQ as well

Screenshot_20230904_190611.png
I have Internet Archive Cache for same ( a usual habit while I am applying any card https://web.archive.org/web/2023071...firstbank.com/credit-card/vistara-credit-card)

Now they changed all these sometime after I received the card and spent more than 30K following the FAQ for spends in 2nd 3rd and 4th Billing cycles

milestone-activation-benefits-card-2.png
Screenshot_20230904_192301.png
In Other words Spends already done as per the T&C while card is issuing is changed silently and now they says first month spending wont be considered for activation CV points.

I escalated the same to the Nodal officer and waiting for the response. The previous FAQ question disappeared in the current page

There must be a way for banks to be responsible for what they offer and this practice of silently changing T&C should be stopping

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I asked them over call and Twitter on 18th August, they confirmed that the bonus will be awarded from the first month itself. Now when I ask them about those bonus points they just refer to T&Cs and detailed example available on website

nikhil.b

TF Buzz
Looks like IDFC changed its 6000 Bonus point offer to 2nd 3rd and 4th Billing Cycles from initial 3 months wording .

When I applied this is what the website said. "First 2 billing cycles from Card Generation"

milestone-activation-benefits-card.png

And there was this FAQ as well

Screenshot_20230904_190611.png
I have Internet Archive Cache for same ( a usual habit while I am applying any card https://web.archive.org/web/2023071...firstbank.com/credit-card/vistara-credit-card)

Now they changed all these sometime after I received the card and spent more than 30K following the FAQ for spends in 2nd 3rd and 4th Billing cycles

milestone-activation-benefits-card-2.png
Screenshot_20230904_192301.png
In Other words Spends already done as per the T&C while card is issuing is changed silently and now they says first month spending wont be considered for activation CV points.

I escalated the same to the Nodal officer and waiting for the response. The previous FAQ question disappeared in the current page

There must be a way for banks to be responsible for what they offer and this practice of silently changing T&C should be stopping
Any update from the Nodal office on this?

anivar

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Any update from the Nodal office on this?
Here is the response. Browser refresh as customer responsibility

And I know they are lying about this one week because I did check prior to transaction.

"When we launched the card, we did mention that the activation bonus of 2000 CV Points will be given on crossing 30K spends in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cycles.

But within a week of launch, we changed this proposition to work in the customer’s favor: we will give an activation bonus of 2000 CV Points on crossing 30K spends in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cycles.

This change was replicated on all customer platforms digitally within a day. We request that you do a hard refresh on your browser and check the current website, which has updated features.

Furthermore, the bank does have the right to change propositions and features from time to time, and for the cards created in the first week of launch, we had even communicated this change to all customers and given them additional time to fulfill the spend criteria."

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

And I know they are lying about this one week because I did check prior to transaction.

"When we launched the card, we did mention that the activation bonus of 2000 CV Points will be given on crossing 30K spends in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cycles.

But within a week of launch, we changed this proposition to work in the customer’s favor: we will give an activation bonus of 2000 CV Points on crossing 30K spends in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cycles.

This change was replicated on all customer platforms digitally within a day. We request that you do a hard refresh on your browser and check the current website, which has updated features.

Furthermore, the bank does have the right to change propositions and features from time to time, and for the cards created in the first week of launch, we had even communicated this change to all customers and given them additional time to fulfill the spend criteria."
Told you

nikhil.b

TF Buzz

What shit... I mean we have mail from IDFC about the same. If they have revised it, then they should send another mail about the new update, otherwise I will have to trust the initial mail mentioning the same than 1st 2 months cumulative will be used for 1st months bonus points.

Anyway gonna close this shit card before next year renewal fee.