• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Wealth Account Avg Monthly Balance Concern?

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If I am upgraded from normal 25k AMB IDFC First bank account to a Wealth account, do I mandatorily have to keep 10 lakhs as Avg Monthly Balance to keep the Wealth Status?

I heard some people said, once you are upgraded, you can just maintain 25k and wealth status will still be continued.

Can someone pls confirm?

@suhailmz @Bodhi
I have been a wealth customer for more than a year now. Not much benefit. While the RM is accessible and helps from time to time, the overall bank operations are very slow. When I wanted to open a group account (family) under wealth program, they were quick to open the account, however its still 4 months, and the wealth card has not arrived.
Not happy with the bank, but the wealth DC and CC are good.

@suhailmz @Bodhi
I have been a wealth customer for more than a year now. Not much benefit. While the RM is accessible and helps from time to time, the overall bank operations are very slow. When I wanted to open a group account (family) under wealth program, they were quick to open the account, however its still 4 months, and the wealth card has not arrived.
Thank you for sharing @adityakeyal

@suhailmz @Bodhi
Thanks buddy

Can someone holding idfc wealth debit card confirm if they are getting 1 % cashback of online spends on cheq app for credit card bill payment?

With some luck I easily got Wealth CC using C2C method with my diners privilege card even without a savings account, I opened a 25k MAB account later but I was curious to know if it is of any help in upgrading my savings account as well to Select or Wealth.

I was upgraded to Wealth account more than 1 year ago & I have the First Select card.. Not getting the Wealth CC... When applying from the site, it's showing offer not available & when calling them, they are telling, they can't tell when I will be able to apply for the same & the offer "may come" on your account, otherwise you can't get it.

I am keeping 5L+ there & have First Select but not sure how to get the Wealth CC. I also would move most of these 5L balance to other banks if I would have got the Wealth CC, as their support sucks & even after being a Wealth customer, they did not assign me any RM & the branch heads are useless & non supportive & IDFC don't even have the option to change the branch online or via customer care.

They are only offering Select Credit card even after Wealth conversion for savings account. They are saying... It depends on CIBIL and other income criteria (Can push if you have 5L limit on any other card). Since i have highest limit as 2.5L no option.
Will lower the balance to 5L after a month then...
What is the option to apply for Wealth CC using another CC?? I have 5L on HDFC card, but IDFC telling me, there is no such way to apply for it now & they don't know when the offer will be available on my account.

I was upgraded to Wealth account more than 1 year ago & I have the First Select card.. Not getting the Wealth CC... When applying from the site, it's showing offer not available & when calling them, they are telling, they can't tell when I will be able to apply for the same & the offer "may come" on your account, otherwise you can't get it.

I am keeping 5L+ there & have First Select but not sure how to get the Wealth CC. I also would move most of these 5L balance to other banks if I would have got the Wealth CC, as their support sucks & even after being a Wealth customer, they did not assign me any RM & the branch heads are useless & non supportive & IDFC don't even have the option to change the branch online or via customer care.
IF u have a limit of 4 lakh or above try upgrading your card by mailing them directly.

What is the option to apply for Wealth CC using another CC?? I have 5L on HDFC card, but IDFC telling me, there is no such way to apply for it now & they don't know when the offer will be available on my account.
Ask for C2C... What they are saying? Else try on their website...

IF u have a limit of 4 lakh or above try upgrading your card by mailing them directly.
I have 3.46L limit on the Select card, but have over 5L+ limit on the Diners Privilege card & I had asked them if they can upgrade my Select card to Wealth & they told me that my Select card needs to have 5L limit, otherwise they can't upgrade to Wealth CC. They said they have no option to upgrade to Wealth CC based on another bank's card's limit.

Ask for C2C... What they are saying? Else try on their website...
C2C is not possible for existing customers, who already have a card. It's only for new customers.

And like I previously mentioned in one of my comments, their site is showing me no offers available after I am trying to apply for the card after entering my bank registered phone number & entering the OTP on the apply page.

They asked me to wait until my Select card have 5L limit & then they "might" upgrade the card, but I am not sure how true is that. Anyways, I was not using the Select card because of no offers, but now started using it, to see if the limit can be increased after regular usage for few months.

I have 3.46L limit on the Select card, but have over 5L+ limit on the Diners Privilege card & I had asked them if they can upgrade my Select card to Wealth & they told me that my Select card needs to have 5L limit, otherwise they can't upgrade to Wealth CC. They said they have no option to upgrade to Wealth CC based on another bank's card's limit.
I personally got wealth from select (limit that time 4.5 lakhs) having savings account with them.

Back