• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Wow Credit Card

varun__goel_

TF Prestige
Wanted to get a secured credit card for my mother as she have very low cibil score and IDFC Wow looks good. Wanted to know how has been fellow member's experience with this, who do not hold IDFC savings acc.
1. The onboarding experience.
2. Do we receive any LE offers like Kotak.
3. Interest earned is reinvested or credited to our acc?
4. Card cancellation experience (time the bank takes to return FD to our acc)

Solution
Wanted to get a secured credit card for my mother as she have very low cibil score and IDFC Wow looks good. Wanted to know how has been fellow member's experience with this, who do not hold IDFC savings acc.
1- smooth experience . minimal kyc
2- no l.e .kotak is one in industry
3- intrest earned credit or reinvest depend on what u choose .

4- card cancellation is smooth , fd amount within 7 working days .

Additional- after card close it still might see active for few months .in my case I had to request them to report...
Will that 236 be deducted?
If yes is there any possibility to get them waived ?

Just for my understanding,
Will idfc ever let me apply for there fd / normal cards again in future ???
You can apply just after closure post fd money received in bank

Yes to fd card !
Yes to other normal card ( service area )

For 236 . Talk to Idfc customer care.

1- smooth experience . minimal kyc
2- no l.e .kotak is one in industry
3- intrest earned credit or reinvest depend on what u choose .

4- card cancellation is smooth , fd amount within 7 working days .

Additional- after card close it still might see active for few months .in my case I had to request them to report closed after months .

Mark my answer as solution 🌚

Solution
IDFC Wow card closing -

I closed my Wow card on may 21 morning. I received no calls. I got a mail stating that my Wow card has been closed on May 22 morning. I mailed IDFC to give me an estimation of FD transfer to my savings account, they said wait for 7 working days. May 22 afternoon I saw that the lien has been removed from my FD. I saw the close FD button in mobile app. I clicked on close FD, it asked for a bank account. I provided one and it credited 1INR and asked for mpin. I received the funds in 15mins. I had 2 FDs. On breaking the second one it threw an error (some duplicate request and technical issue) but after 30 mins I provided a second bank (SBI) account details and the FD is closed now. The entire process took less than 2 days (If you keep track of lien status on app).

There was no deductions and I got 5.5% interest from june/july 2023 to may 2024.

update: just received the second FD amount after 7 mins in SBI after closure.

Back