• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pradumya

TF Premier
Hi peoples

I regularly check my credit reports but never had a look at the closed accounts.
Today I saw something strange - I had Paytm postpaid accounts from Aditya Birla Finance which are closed for around 2-3 years now.
Screenshot_20240427-193734~2.png
As you can see in the screenshot - The account got closed in 2021 itself, but they are reporting it still

And this is not just the case with Aditya Birla Finance, similar pattern I noticed in SBM Bank reporting. Screenshot_20240427-194016~2.png
Here also the account got closed in 2023 itself, still the reporting is done continuously.

I do know that personal loans in credit reports are not a good sign, but what if they are still reporting them. Though closed is marked but still does this shows as bad remark?

This is not just the case with experian, even CIBIL report has these same.. And my score is up down 5-10 points every month. Not going above 780. Is this because of this reporting?

Should I do something about it?

Last edited:

Pradumya

TF Premier
Also please let me know - What if I get annual fee in my CC statement and I repay my principal and leave the annual fee as it is. Then close the account, since there is an outstanding in the card and assuming that CC reporting is after due date, will the bank report closure and overdue?

Shabd shayad confusing ho sakte hai, bhavnaye samjh lijiye pls

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi peoples

I regularly check my credit reports but never had a look at the closed accounts.
Today I saw something strange - I had Paytm postpaid accounts from Aditya Birla Finance which are closed for around 2-3 years now.
As you can see in the screenshot - The account got closed in 2021 itself, but they are reporting it still

And this is not just the case with Aditya Birla Finance, similar pattern I noticed in SBM Bank reporting. Screenshot_20240427-194016~2.png
Here also the account got closed in 2023 itself, still the reporting is done continuously.

I do know that personal loans in credit reports are not a good sign, but what if they are still reporting them. Though closed is marked but still does this shows as bad remark?

This is not just the case with experian, even CIBIL report has these same.. And my score is up down 5-10 points every month. Not going above 780. Is this because of this reporting?

Get it closed ,as short term loan has not so good impact.
If it's credit card that's different case but not loans

Mail them they will close it.

Sahilhenzy

TF Ace
Hi peoples

Jab 2021 mein closed hua within 3 month report ho jaana chahiye tha. Itne dino se kaha the baauwa. 2021 se reporting chal raha dekhe nhi baaauwa?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
So means k CLOSED but still reporting is bad for report and score?
Yup it just mean there Is something active in their system which leads to reporting everymonth .
So better close the chapter . Unless u r planning cc in next 1-2 it will come back even if it goes down
So don't worry .if it's closed it doesn't even matter in your score but get it fixed..
For any future inconvenience

Pradumya

TF Premier
Yup it just mean there Is something active in their system which leads to reporting everymonth .
So better close the chapter . Unless u r planning cc in next 1-2 it will come back even if it goes down
So don't worry .if it's closed it doesn't even matter in your score but get it fixed..
For any future inconvenience
Got it sir
BTW Doctor Banna itna tough hai that you needed Shiva ji to Fix it for you 🤔

For context to everyone - Vasuki is the name of Naag on Shiva ji's neck...

Pradumya

TF Premier
Also please let me know - What if I get annual fee in my CC statement and I repay my principal and leave the annual fee as it is. Then close the account, since there is an outstanding in the card and assuming that CC reporting is after due date, will the bank report closure and overdue?

Shabd shayad confusing ho sakte hai, bhavnaye samjh lijiye pls
Also @DocFixit
Any vishesh tippani on this?

Pradumya

TF Premier
Overdue is overdue..
No discrimination if u miss it .
Can't be closed with negative balancee
Even if closed it will reported as late payment
But then sir I read multiple threads saying that Annual fee lagne k baad closure ki request dalenge and ask for LTF or waiver.
What if they get unsuccessful and card gets closed?
In that case only amount pending was annual fee.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
But then sir I read multiple threads saying that Annual fee lagne k baad closure ki request dalenge and ask for LTF or waiver.
Oh that.
You basically talk to retention team when annual fees is about to be deducted 12th month statement .
So u do closing drama for fees reversal or points equivalent

For sbi after also they will entertain.
That's about calling customer care & then call tranfer to retention team .

Pradumya

TF Premier
Oh that.
You basically talk to retention team when annual fees is about to be deducted 12th month statement .
So u do closing drama for fees reversal or points equivalent

For sbi after also they will entertain.
That's about calling customer care & then call tranfer to retention team .
Yes yes that only
Many banks say na ki annual fee lag jane dijiye uske baad waiver ki request lenge like you mentioned SBI

What if retention team se unsuccessful hota hai waiver and card close ho jata hai
Annual fee toh outstanding reh jaegi..

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes yes that only
Many banks say na ki annual fee lag jane dijiye uske baad waiver ki request lenge like you mentioned SBI

What if retention team se unsuccessful hota hai waiver and card close ho jata hai
Annual fee toh outstanding reh jaegi..
If u talk to retention team u can negotiate.

If u not satisfied just say will Call u later

Try again with another guy ..

#aniket

TF Ace
In worst case if it's closed, though you need to pay outstanding amount, annual fees and it will go through smoothly.