• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Improving Credit Card Application Transparency in India: A Call for Action

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Add Standard chartered and federal bank
Applied standard chartered and got rejected. They kept saying internal criteria for 2-3 weeks.

Raised complaint to RBI Ombudsman. They replied saying I have "thin cibil score", whatever that means. And guess what, my cibil is close to 780 and there is no cibil enquiry by sc at all😅.

And obviously, RBI will consider this a valid reason and close my case under non-appealable clause without even asking feedback from me.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Applied standard chartered and got rejected. They kept saying internal criteria for 2-3 weeks.

Raised complaint to RBI Ombudsman. They replied saying I have "thin cibil score", whatever that means. And guess what, my cibil is close to 780 and there is no cibil enquiry by sc at all😅.

And obviously, RBI will consider this a valid reason and close my case under non-appealable clause without even asking feedback from me.
RBI should close the complaint only after validation from both the parties involved. But, most of the times decisions are made in favour of the bank.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
RBI should close the complaint only after validation from both the parties involved. But, most of the times decisions are made in favour of the bank.
Yeah , but that is bound to happen , banks have a full legal/audit team on board , they can manipulate facts and figures as per their need and RBI will definitely follow that wrt to us being a naive in banking terminologies and other legal things .

I think if a ombudsman complaint is filed with the help of a lawyer may be with his drafting skills a better resolution can be expected

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Yeah , but that is bound to happen , banks have a full legal/audit team on board , they can manipulate facts and figures as per their need and RBI will definitely follow that wrt to us being a naive in banking terminologies and other legal things .

I think if a ombudsman complaint is filed with the help of a lawyer may be with his drafting skills a better resolution can be expected
I don't even think a lawyer will have enough time to deal with such issues unless it is something big. The purpose of BO is to empower customers to get their complaints against the bank resolved. If BO can not solve the sole purpose of its existence, then BO needs to look at its shortcomings.

In case of Public Sector Banks, one can still go the RTI route, gather facts and contradict the banks. Sadly not possible in case of Private Banks.

Last edited: