• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

In Banking No Means Not Really No.

mshenoy

TF Select
Today I went to open bank account of my mom and cousin sister at SBI. Went to nearest bank where I opened by account couple of years back by doing vkyc online. Never visited branch once till today. It was typical sbi branch with staffs not interested to open account.

She started to point mistakes in my mom's document saying father's name not available. So can't process application. Get details updated then only we can open account. I said why are you asking for such details for opening account for senior citizen. You proceed with opening account if error comes we'll handle it. Then she said will ask manager. He was also on his own world and said same saying without document we can't process account. They started pointing out similar mistake for my cousin account also.

Then staff said she'll go for lunch download epan and check if details available there and said she will go for lunch. Me remembered their recent advertisement. Irony.

I said this is not working and said mom and cousin we'll goto another branch 1km away. We went there. There also staff was lunch away. She said wait for 30 mins. I asked what plans to reject documents by pointing out mistake or planning to open, she said only adhar and pan is enough. Sat for 15-20 mins and she returned. Opened account in 5 mins just by taking xerox of pan and adhar. Didn't even verify the orginal documents. Experience was really good.

I would have opted for vkyc and I did for myself without visiting bank. Mom can't do vkyc done so needed to visit branch. Cousin pan card wasn't delivered due to some problem and vkyc was not option. That's why physical account was necessary.

So I wanted to tell you all saying in banking no means not really no. You can always email again, call executive again, visit another branch. And get your things done. For new people in this community just know this you try 2-3 times to get things done by changing something and it should work😂

Back