• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Income tax payment using credit cards

AJ331

TF Select
SBI Cashback gives 1% for this, have verified. All other should give regular reward rate. Eterna or DCB should be ideally used.
My suggestion would be - you can do a small amount transaction and see the reward and do rest accordingly.
sbi cashback card for blocked trying to make payment - amount was 5 digit but for 1000 Rs there was no issue

aay001

TF Premier
sbi cashback card for blocked trying to make payment - amount was 5 digit but for 1000 Rs there was no issue
Consistent problem with Sbi cashback card. Gets blocked for many transaction like gift card and paytm transaction. But gets unblock on recieving automated call to unblock

Avijeet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
SBI deserves #boycottSBI trend on Twitter.....
It has gone from bad to worst ....
Unnecessary blocking of the card after every transaction ...

bugmenot

TF Ace
Canara bank's gateway is currently the cheapest with 0.47% + GST (0.5546%) charge.

Axis Flipkart can give almost 1%, rest others can give more.

bugmenot

TF Ace
Current charges as on date, with 18% GST

Federal Bank
0.85% + GST = 1.003%

Kotak Mahindra Bank
0.80% + GST = 0.944%
2.75% + GST = 3.245% (International cards)

Canara Bank (LOWEST)
0.47% + GST = 0.5546%

amex card won't work. Not sure about diners. RuPay, Master Cards, Visa are working.

Last edited:

AJ331

TF Select
SBI Cashback gives 1% for this, have verified. All other should give regular reward rate. Eterna or DCB should be ideally used.
My suggestion would be - you can do a small amount transaction and see the reward and do rest accordingly.
What was the amount that you paid? I did for 1000 Rs and it worked fine however for a 5 digit transcaction my card was blocked

vak93

TF Buzz
What was the amount that you paid? I did for 1000 Rs and it worked fine however for a 5 digit transcaction my card was blocked
I tried 2 months back for 10k it worked but i used kotak as it has zero charges back then. it did it various times but with exact 10k amount. things might have changed now

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thinking of using CC for tax payment. Which out of DCB and Axis Vistara Infinite will be a better option? Will I be getting the CV points for this transaction if I use the latter and will this amount be counted under milestone benefits and fee waiver for new Axis Bank Vistara cards?

vak93

TF Buzz
Please let us know if you got 1% cashback
yes you get 1% Cashback as its counted as utilities. i tried few months back as well so should get.in 2 days once Txn settle will also update in case 1% cashback is not there.but it will be there mostly

c00lhack

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Lets say I have 3lac rupees advance tax to pay every quarter. Does anyone know if I can pay Rs 1 lakh every month to meet milestone benefit? Is this possible to pay Advance income tax this way in installments ?

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
yes you get 1% Cashback as its counted as utilities. i tried few months back as well so should get.in 2 days once Txn settle will also update in case 1% cashback is not there.but it will be there mostly
Can you please confirm you got 1% or 5%. I'm planning to use cashback or ace?