• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indusind charged 1% for utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

Btw is anyone in the forum really using it for 25K utility/ 20K wallet loading. Don’t think it’s going to impact anyone.
There are people not on the forum I suppose who are paying huge Electricity bills/Corporate telephone bills for their commercial properties, factories and power equipment. Using credit cards for rotation purpose and these are low MDR categories for banks and high credit risk too. That's the reason many banks are limiting these categories.

I know one person and he is my friend use Rupay Cards (Yes Rupay, Tata Neu Infinity) for purchase of raw materials for his business and pay his uncle's business utility bills (Around 4-5L per month). so banks wants to limit these category and keep reward structure sustainable. As you said for fair usage this doesn't matter and no need to worry.

After Hdfc, Idfc, yes, now Indusind bank will also charge on utility payment and wallet transaction,

Indusind Bank will charge 1% on utility charges above Rs 25,000 per month and wallet load above Rs 20,000 from October
I don't understand why banks are behind utility payments

2024 should be renamed as devaluation/charges year

Looks like the day is not far when we will have to give reward point cashback to the bank for using credit cards,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240828_190511.webp
    Screenshot_20240828_190511.webp
    69 KB · Views: 43
Very intelligently they have not given us 1 month notice with this "effective from statements generated in October 2024." statement. So even the transactions done in September will come under this devaluation.

Mod @BVC @vaibhav111 Merge the threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back