• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia add ons came with same number, how to purchase more vouchers

bhaveshbhai

TF Select
I just upgraded dcb card to infinia, visa variant, which got delivered today. As I had one primary and 3 add on cards of dcb (all of same number), hdfc automatically upgraded all cards, primary and add ons, to infinia, but with the same number, expiry and Cvv, and sent me all 4 cards in the welcome box altogether. Also, all of them are associated to primary cardholder mobile number. I can't purchase additional amazon pay vouchers from gyftr from smart buy portal because it seems it needs unique card number and mobile number configuration if we want to cross the 10000 limit. Does someone has any workaround or solution?

Last edited:
I just upgraded dcb card to infinia, which got delivered today. As I had one primary and 3 add on cards of dcb (all of same number), hdfc automatically upgraded all cards, primary and add ons, to infinia, but with the same number, expiry and Cvv, and sent me all 4 cards in the welcome box altogether. Also, all of them are associated to primary cardholder mobile number. I can't purchase additional amazon pay vouchers from gyftr from smart buy portal because it seems it needs unique card number and mobile number configuration if we want to cross the 10000 limit. Does someone has any workaround or solution?
So apparently one can chat or call hdfc CS and tell them you want new add on cards so that the numbers are diferent and they will take that request and request issue new cards with different numbers.

This will give you extra cards to use on gyftr.

I am in same boat. TF forum suggested to call/email CC and ask them to issue with different numbers.

FWIW, mine is MC, not visa. How about your Infinia?

I just upgraded dcb card to infinia, which got delivered today. As I had one primary and 3 add on cards of dcb (all of same number), hdfc automatically upgraded all cards, primary and add ons, to infinia, but with the same number, expiry and Cvv, and sent me all 4 cards in the welcome box altogether. Also, all of them are associated to primary cardholder mobile number. I can't purchase additional amazon pay vouchers from gyftr from smart buy portal because it seems it needs unique card number and mobile number configuration if we want to cross the 10000 limit. Does someone has any workaround or solution?
Same thing happened to me when I upgraded my privilege to DCB. You have to cancel the existing add cards by calling customer care. Then re issue them. Only then you will be able to get cards with different no. Even then the OTP for the add on card used to come on the primary no. I had to download the mobile number change form on hdfc site and then mail the soft copy to change the mobile number of the add on card

You can use your primary card itself on multiple gyftr accounts. I purchased 60K vouchers this month only using my primary Infinia.
Since how long were you doing this? Gyftr usually blocks the card number from further use in such cases

You can use your primary card itself on multiple gyftr accounts. I purchased 60K vouchers this month only using my primary Infinia.
How did you create multiple gyftr accounts? I am new to payzapp and gyftr and assume there is only one way to connect with gyftr (not directly) and that is through payzapp app through smart buy

How did you create multiple gyftr accounts? I am new to payzapp and gyftr and assume there is only one way to connect with gyftr (not directly) and that is through payzapp app through smart buy
You just need a unique phone number. That's it. Create an account on Gyftr and purchase.

I just upgraded dcb card to infinia, visa variant, which got delivered today. As I had one primary and 3 add on cards of dcb (all of same number), hdfc automatically upgraded all cards, primary and add ons, to infinia, but with the same number, expiry and Cvv, and sent me all 4 cards in the welcome box altogether. Also, all of them are associated to primary cardholder mobile number. I can't purchase additional amazon pay vouchers from gyftr from smart buy portal because it seems it needs unique card number and mobile number configuration if we want to cross the 10000 limit. Does someone has any workaround or solution?
LTF DCB -> infinia or paid ?

Previously U Have Different Addons Or Same Addon Numbers ?

Send a physical letter including the cards to cancel all the add on cards.

So they will cancel it and you can apply again. New cards are given with diff numbers. Same thing happened with me and I got new numbers post cancelling and reapplying

Cancel them and reply online in two days. I have did it last month it was fast compared to mail. They will deny in mail for issuing new number for alredy existing members with same number.
OK, I cancelled them now. But one agent said that I can apply after 7 days, and the other agent on phone confirmed that I should re apply after 30 working days (45 calendar days) otherwise I would be reissued Addons with same number again. Confused about the time after which I should reapply? Also, looks like I should not email the grievance team to get this confirmation as they might stop the reissuance.

Send a physical letter including the cards to cancel all the add on cards.

So they will cancel it and you can apply again. New cards are given with diff numbers. Same thing happened with me and I got new numbers post cancelling and reapplying
After how much time can we reapply, I already closed them on phone yesterday. One agent said 7 days and the other one said 45 days to reapply. Confused.

Back