• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Upgrade Struggles

Hello,

I have been an HDFC customer (Preferred banking with salary account) for close to 7 years and have been holding a DCP card. I already meet salary criteria (>3L) and my credit limit with DCP is > 10L. I dont use this card much though as it has a low rewards ratio. For this reason, I have raised multiple card upgrade requests to my RM, escalated with their credit card department, followed the approach recommended on Technofino(mailing grievance redressal) and yet they have declined it every single time!

At this point I am so frustrated with HDFC that I am not sure if I should continue banking with them. To the experienced audience here, i want to ask on what are my possible options?

a) Should I switch to Axis Burgundy (and request Magnus) OR
b) close my DCP credit card + request for upgrade to Imperia banking and then try for new Infinia(instead of upgrade) in few months?

P.S. I have gone through the majority of threads on Infinia and tried all that has been recommended (atleast I think so 😊)

Thanks!

nrj1007

TF Premier
Currently I have regalia card without having any bank account with HDFC.

After spending 6-7 lacs in 6 month , Is there any mandatory terms that I should have bank account in hdfc to get upgraded To DcB or Infinia or without having bank account i can get upgradation.
For DCB, min limit on existing card should be 5 lakhs and 8 lakhs for Infinia.

Hello,

I have been an HDFC customer (Preferred banking with salary account) for close to 7 years and have been holding a DCP card. I already meet salary criteria (>3L) and my credit limit with DCP is > 10L. I dont use this card much though as it has a low rewards ratio. For this reason, I have raised multiple card upgrade requests to my RM, escalated with their credit card department, followed the approach recommended on Technofino(mailing grievance redressal) and yet they have declined it every single time!

At this point I am so frustrated with HDFC that I am not sure if I should continue banking with them. To the experienced audience here, i want to ask on what are my possible options?

a) Should I switch to Axis Burgundy (and request Magnus) OR
b) close my DCP credit card + request for upgrade to Imperia banking and then try for new Infinia(instead of upgrade) in few months?

P.S. I have gone through the majority of threads on Infinia and tried all that has been recommended (atleast I think so 😊)

Thanks!
Hi
It just depend on the RM. I got mine some 10 days back i dont fall in any of the category required. Its just that I kept 1.5 cr for a few days and told RM that I need Infinia. He talked with the branch manager and got the approval. Also my account has been updated to Imperia. Talk to RM and say if he can't get it for u then u will change ur bank. If he doesn't then change ur branch. I feel its better with Infinia than Magnus.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hi
It just depend on the RM. I got mine some 10 days back i dont fall in any of the category required. Its just that I kept 1.5 cr for a few days and told RM that I need Infinia. He talked with the branch manager and got the approval. Also my account has been updated to Imperia. Talk to RM and say if he can't get it for u then u will change ur bank. If he doesn't then change ur branch. I feel its better with Infinia than Magnus.
sure for 1.5 Cr any CC should be given to the customer and i wish HDFC would have Launched HDFC Reserve by now so that cc could have been better to get as paid/FYF.

cardy

TF Ace
Hi guys, kind of jumping into the thread instead of a creatong new one for below queries if anyone can answer..
- I have DCB currently with 4.69L limit and that is shared with tata neu infinity. Both are LTF

I understand that for upgrade to infinia we need to have higher Credit limit of 10L. What if I can spend more than 8L in 6 month but since my limit is 4.69L, will hdfc be able to upgrade it to infinia? Or both Credit limit and spends need to be satisfied..? Anyone had same scenario?

Also, spends on DCB are a bit hard and I can easily spend 8L on inifnity card(since its visa).. would Hdfc be able to consider spend of neu inifnity and upgrade my dcb to infinia? Or inifnity to infinia?
So you have to wait for the limit enhancement to 8L

Upgrading DCB to infinia will be easier.

Spending on neu infinity will not be counted for upgrading DCB.

Basically these are the general guidelines
But anything is possible in banking world.
You may always try in a new way.

Keep updated here though if you succeed.