• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia worthiness

VGisHere

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I went through Infinia Metal Card review and noted some points.

Pros -
1. Unlimited lounge access (domestic, international) for both primary, add-on (up to 3) card holders! (Big pro, need not keep track or multiple cards)!
2. Unlimited Golf games/coaching (not sure how many people actually claim, but would still keep it)!
3. Some ITC hotels tie-up benefits!
4. Insurance cover (definitely worthy)

Reward Rate Structure -
1. 3.3% RP on normal/every transaction.
Redemption - 1% for statement credit, 1.65% for smartbuy shopping, 3.3% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

2. 33% RP for flights/hotels on Smartbuy.
Redemption - 10% for statement credit, 16.5% for smartbuy shopping, 33% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

3. 16.5% RP for Smartbuy (Amazon, Gift voucher)
Redemption - 5% for statement credit, 8.25% for smartbuy shopping, 16.5% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

4. 9.9% RP for Smartbuy (Flipkart, Train booking)
Redemption - 3% for statement credit, 5% for smartbuy shopping, 9.9% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

Cons -
1. High Fees (12.5k + GST) = Rs. 14750
2. Welcome/Renewal Benefit = 12.5k points (recovered only if used on Smartbuy for Apple/Tanishq/Flights/Hotels OR Airmiles conversion) (big con)
3. Capping of payment up to 70% of the price with RPs
4. Very high NRV eligibility criteria (filters out big chunk)
5. Capping for Smartbuy transactions (15k per month) (so if you book hotel/flights for 45k, that's it!)
6. Forex markup - 2% + GST (higher than bunch of cards in market)
7. High fee waiver criteria (10L)
8. Capping for insurance transactions (5k per day, i.e., 1.5L spend)
9. Rent payment RP (Not eligible) + charges 1% extra
10. Redemption capping - 1.5L RP for flights/hotels; 50k for Tanishq per month; 50k against statement balance

So, after all these Cons, I'm wondering why are some people still going for Infinia card?
Is it only the unlimited domestic/international lounge access for self and add on card holders?
Or am I missing something basic here?
What strategies do people use to maximise benefit out of this card?
For people holding Axis Magnus, does this card make sense at all (except for lounge access)?

Last edited:
Can you share the mail ID?
Also, is it necessary to spend that big an amount?
I normally redirect to other cards in order to maximise cashback value, but wondering if it makes sense to shift all spendings to Regalia!

I guess Infinia can be applied on C2C basis, also? Correct me if I'm wrong!
Plus, a 10L FDs would also make one eligible? (Can't recall, read somewhere)
And ITR way, which is virtually not possible for quite a bunch!
You need to make 13L FD for Infinia Metal Card.

Attachments

• 21db45ae-3054-4b1a-9229-8df9149a2066.jpeg
    21db45ae-3054-4b1a-9229-8df9149a2066.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 76
Quick question for Infinia users,

How do maximize the reward points for a family trip?
Lets say, one has to book tickets for family of 4, costing 1L
And additionally, hotel, transport, dining, etc. another 1L!

Infinia has capping of 15k RPs for flights in a month, which implies that it makes sense to only book one side tickets!
For return and other expenses, use Magnus/Reserve?
Or what other options are available?

Quick question for Infinia users,

How do maximize the reward points for a family trip?
Lets say, one has to book tickets for family of 4, costing 1L
And additionally, hotel, transport, dining, etc. another 1L!

Infinia has capping of 15k RPs for flights in a month, which implies that it makes sense to only book one side tickets!
For return and other expenses, use Magnus/Reserve?
Or what other options are available?
When you’ve Magnus why don’t you use Magnus only??

Yatra Vouchers- 10X, Travel Edge - 5X for flight bookings.

MMT- 10X, Yatra 10X , Travel Edge - 5X.

Once you hit 1L on Magnus transfer your spends to Reserve. You get better 15/200 ER.

Last edited:
When you’ve Magnus why don’t you use Magnus only??

Yatra Vouchers- 10X, Travel Edge - 5X for flight bookings.

MMT- 10X, Yatra 10X , Travel Edge - 5X.

Once you hit 1L on Magnus transfer your spends to Reserve. You get better 12/200 ER.
Better and cheaper flight options on Smartbuy vs travel edge!

So you are suggesting buy Yatra/MMT vouchers from Magnus grab deals and use them to do the booking?

For some reason, IDK why, but have never been a fan of travel vouchers! 🙈

I have both Infinia and Magnus. I'd like to echo the sentiment of others in this forum on how no-nonsense Infinia's rewards and redemption system is compared to that of Magnus. Some months I'm able to get returns up to 12%, and my overall return rate is 8% for this year since January. That's difficult to beat on most other cards, let alone Magnus for spends <1L. The points arrive with the next statement date and I'm able to use them right away at 1:1 for travel or point transfers.

Even on a recent international travel (before I got Magnus) involving big spends, during which HDFC was incidentally running a few spend based offers, I was able to get a value back over 4.5% (including FCY markup, mind you), not to mention several international lounge visits, which is a massive win.

Over everything else, I have never been let down by the customer support at HDFC (except emails, which takes weeks of back and forth, but still eventually works).

So if I were to pick a favourite between Infinia and Magnus, it's going to be Infinia hands down for its simplicity, stability[1] in rewards structure, and support. It's only for greed for points when spends go >1L that I will be choosing Magnus, but I'll be a fool if I didn't do that.

[1] I know Infinia has been devalued heavily. But the older reward structure wasn't sustainable, and we all know Magnus will also have the same fate — perhaps much sooner than Infinia, since Axis has been giving them away far too easily.
To be honest if given a choice between the two many people would prefer Infinia over Magnus. I know I would. The problem is that Infinia is notoriously difficult to get, and most people including me would never be offered it.

So there is little choice but go for Magnus which is actually the only super premium card that is possible to get somewhat easily.

To be honest if given a choice between the two many people would prefer Infinia over Magnus. I know I would. The problem is that Infinia is notoriously difficult to get, and most people including me would never be offered it.

So there is little choice but go for Magnus which is actually the only super premium card that is possible to get somewhat easily.
In HDFC case Infinia is difficult to get and need higher limits and approval because Infinia is highest in their portfolio. But coming to Axis, Reserve sits above Magnus so Magnus is easy to get compared to Infinia.

When Infinia reserve will be launched by HDFC then Infinia issue would be easen off. Might all DCB will be given upgrade to Infinia.

I was told by my RM that HDFC is in a idea to remove Diners from their portfolio (Not sure whether it is legit or not) because I haven't seen it anywhere online or community. But without fire there won't be any smoke(must be happening within the bank)

In HDFC case Infinia is difficult to get and need higher limits and approval because Infinia is highest in their portfolio. But coming to Axis, Reserve sits above Magnus so Magnus is easy to get compared to Infinia.

When Infinia reserve will be launched by HDFC then Infinia issue would be easen off. Might all DCB will be given upgrade to Infinia.

I was told by my RM that HDFC is in a idea to remove Diners from their portfolio (Not sure whether it is legit or not) because I haven't seen it anywhere online or community. But without fire there won't be any smoke(must be happening within the bank)
I have posted in atleast five threads HDFC is having issues with Diners :) thanks for supporting

Careful, bookings through Yatra vouchers are non refundable.
Yes, that's the reason I'm little reluctant towards buying those vouchers!
Additionally, I don't have Infinia presently but was thinking if it is worth making an effort!

In case, it isn't approved, Magnus is the go to option. But no in trying though 😜

Just in case it is approved (there are high chances against it), what should be way forward?
one side ticket from Infinia, rest all from Magnus?

For infinia LTF, one needs to be IITian or IIMian, the offer is running rit now.

One can get axis magnus for free if they have a salary account with axis and monthly salary credit is 3L and above.

What happens if we close salry account post getting magnus? Doest stays LTF?
Who do i speak to for Infinia LTF? Is this Infinia metal? I can meet the requirement. I already have Infinia - I just want it converted to LTF

Last edited:
I would personally spend every thing on Infinia. Even though I have been using Magnus for the past three months and have been regularly hitting the one lakh limit. I still don’t find much use for the reward points generated by Magnus for me. Infinia was giving me clear-cut reward points and I had clear-cut benefits and use for those reward points.

I would personally spend every thing on Infinia. Even though I have been using Magnus for the past three months and have been regularly hitting the one lakh limit. I still don’t find much use for the reward points generated by Magnus for me. Infinia was giving me clear-cut reward points and I had clear-cut benefits and use for those reward points.
While I don't disagree, curious to know how do you usually redeem your Infinia points? Since the best redemptions are on travel, do you not think that Magnus transfers to travel partners gives equivalent if not better value?

While I don't disagree, curious to know how do you usually redeem your Infinia points? Since the best redemptions are on travel, do you not think that Magnus transfers to travel partners gives equivalent if not better value?
Yes, how do you utilize your Infinia points whereas Magnus is not useful for you?? Just curious to know because Axis has the best transfer partners in Hotels and Flights.

@bonheur and @bvc19296 , if someone is not into travelling and vacation, then converting the RP to monetary benefits makes more sense. 1:1 conversion in Infinia to Tanishq and Apple products is used by many.

However, if someone is into travel and vacation, then Magnus wins. Magnus is not good for monetary benefits on RP. It shines only when we convert RP to travel points.

Having said that, one more point that I am considering these days a lot is that Infinia doesn't give any RP on income tax payments, so Magnus or SC Smart is what I am looking to get a hand on. I also need a bank locker for securing gold and SC doesn't has any branch in my city so Axis Magnus is what I finally look for. However, the monthly 1L minimum to get that milestone RP and fee waiver is tough in some months and hence feels as if forced upon us (also monthly bonus RP can be taken away by Axis at any time).

Reactions: BVC
the monthly 1L minimum to get that milestone RP and fee waiver is tough in some months and hence feels as if forced upon us
Which is why I don't chase Magnus monthly milestones unless they come by naturally. But GVs on Magnus are pretty rewarding as well, and I fill up my quota of AGV using a combination of both Infinia and Magnus (with preference to Infinia, as it gives higher value for AGV in particular).

Back