• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia worthiness

VGisHere

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I went through Infinia Metal Card review and noted some points.

Pros -
1. Unlimited lounge access (domestic, international) for both primary, add-on (up to 3) card holders! (Big pro, need not keep track or multiple cards)!
2. Unlimited Golf games/coaching (not sure how many people actually claim, but would still keep it)!
3. Some ITC hotels tie-up benefits!
4. Insurance cover (definitely worthy)

Reward Rate Structure -
1. 3.3% RP on normal/every transaction.
Redemption - 1% for statement credit, 1.65% for smartbuy shopping, 3.3% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

2. 33% RP for flights/hotels on Smartbuy.
Redemption - 10% for statement credit, 16.5% for smartbuy shopping, 33% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

3. 16.5% RP for Smartbuy (Amazon, Gift voucher)
Redemption - 5% for statement credit, 8.25% for smartbuy shopping, 16.5% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

4. 9.9% RP for Smartbuy (Flipkart, Train booking)
Redemption - 3% for statement credit, 5% for smartbuy shopping, 9.9% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

Cons -
1. High Fees (12.5k + GST) = Rs. 14750
2. Welcome/Renewal Benefit = 12.5k points (recovered only if used on Smartbuy for Apple/Tanishq/Flights/Hotels OR Airmiles conversion) (big con)
3. Capping of payment up to 70% of the price with RPs
4. Very high NRV eligibility criteria (filters out big chunk)
5. Capping for Smartbuy transactions (15k per month) (so if you book hotel/flights for 45k, that's it!)
6. Forex markup - 2% + GST (higher than bunch of cards in market)
7. High fee waiver criteria (10L)
8. Capping for insurance transactions (5k per day, i.e., 1.5L spend)
9. Rent payment RP (Not eligible) + charges 1% extra
10. Redemption capping - 1.5L RP for flights/hotels; 50k for Tanishq per month; 50k against statement balance

So, after all these Cons, I'm wondering why are some people still going for Infinia card?
Is it only the unlimited domestic/international lounge access for self and add on card holders?
Or am I missing something basic here?
What strategies do people use to maximise benefit out of this card?
For people holding Axis Magnus, does this card make sense at all (except for lounge access)?

Last edited:
Coming to NRV, i have a basic savings account with HDFC with AMB of 25k, i fot infinia metal after having regalia for 3 odd years. Had to mail to grievance redressal mail id.
Can you share the mail ID?
Also, is it necessary to spend that big an amount?
I normally redirect to other cards in order to maximise cashback value, but wondering if it makes sense to shift all spendings to Regalia!

I guess Infinia can be applied on C2C basis, also? Correct me if I'm wrong!
Plus, a 10L FDs would also make one eligible? (Can't recall, read somewhere)
And ITR way, which is virtually not possible for quite a bunch!

Additionally looking at the Axis de-valuation saga(lounges, Accor/Vistara likely devaluation), Infinia might just make a comeback!
I guess it would make sense to apply for it now, as if Accor/Vistara devaluation happens, people would likely start jumping back to Infinia!

I went through Infinia Metal Card review and noted some points.

Pros -
1. Unlimited lounge access (domestic, international) for both primary, add-on (up to 3) card holders! (Big pro, need not keep track or multiple cards)!
2. Unlimited Golf games/coaching (not sure how many people actually claim, but would still keep it)!
3. Some ITC hotels tie-up benefits!
4. Insurance cover (definitely worthy)

Reward Rate Structure -
1. 3.3% RP on normal/every transaction.
Redemption - 1% for statement credit, 1.65% for smartbuy shopping, 3.3% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

2. 33% RP for flights/hotels on Smartbuy.
Redemption - 10% for statement credit, 16.5% for smartbuy shopping, 33% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

3. 16.5% RP for Smartbuy (Amazon, Gift voucher)
Redemption - 5% for statement credit, 8.25% for smartbuy shopping, 16.5% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

4. 9.9% RP for Smartbuy (Flipkart, Train booking)
Redemption - 3% for statement credit, 5% for smartbuy shopping, 9.9% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

Cons -
1. High Fees (12.5k + GST) = Rs. 14750
2. Welcome/Renewal Benefit = 12.5k points (recovered only if used on Smartbuy for Apple/Tanishq/Flights/Hotels OR Airmiles conversion) (big con)
3. Capping of payment up to 70% of the price with RPs
4. Very high NRV eligibility criteria (filters out big chunk)
5. Capping for Smartbuy transactions (15k per month) (so if you book hotel/flights for 45k, that's it!)
6. Forex markup - 2% + GST (higher than bunch of cards in market)
7. High fee waiver criteria (10L)
8. Capping for insurance transactions (5k per day, i.e., 1.5L spend)
9. Rent payment RP (Not eligible) + charges 1% extra
10. Redemption capping - 1.5L RP for flights/hotels; 50k for Tanishq per month; 50k against statement balance

So, after all these Cons, I'm wondering why are some people still going for Infinia card?
Is it only the unlimited domestic/international lounge access for self and add on card holders?
Or am I missing something basic here?
What strategies do people use to maximise benefit out of this card?
For people holding Axis Magnus, does this card make sense at all (except for lounge access)?
I still hold an infinia + Reserve + Magnus combo, infinia for monthly smartbuy spends of less than 50k on flights or 30k on hotels and nothing else honestly. Only thing good about infinia is that it still gives me priority pass and it is LTF.

Guys i want to all best things about infinia and T&C also (smartbyportal)
Like is their any limit on Amazon shopping voucher and which is the best vouchers to buy in smartby by infinia and any other important things.
Thank you guys .
Guys one more question,
See if i have 10k reward points in my account and i want to buy Tanishq's gift card,i know that i can pay 70% with rewards points and after that i will buy 10k worth jewellery and the question is that if i want to sell that what amount i can get in back .(i know we can't purchase gold coin)
Thank you.

Can you share the mail ID?
Also, is it necessary to spend that big an amount?
I normally redirect to other cards in order to maximise cashback value, but wondering if it makes sense to shift all spendings to Regalia!

I guess Infinia can be applied on C2C basis, also? Correct me if I'm wrong!
Plus, a 10L FDs would also make one eligible? (Can't recall, read somewhere)
And ITR way, which is virtually not possible for quite a bunch!
Here is the email id Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com

Regarding FD and ITR it is a hit and miss as there is no written guidleine shared by hdfc. Try sending an email saying you need an upgrade from regalia else..:) and see what they respond

I have both Infinia and Magnus. I'd like to echo the sentiment of others in this forum on how no-nonsense Infinia's rewards and redemption system is compared to that of Magnus. Some months I'm able to get returns up to 12%, and my overall return rate is 8% for this year since January. That's difficult to beat on most other cards, let alone Magnus for spends <1L. The points arrive with the next statement date and I'm able to use them right away at 1:1 for travel or point transfers.

Even on a recent international travel (before I got Magnus) involving big spends, during which HDFC was incidentally running a few spend based offers, I was able to get a value back over 4.5% (including FCY markup, mind you), not to mention several international lounge visits, which is a massive win.

Over everything else, I have never been let down by the customer support at HDFC (except emails, which takes weeks of back and forth, but still eventually works).

So if I were to pick a favourite between Infinia and Magnus, it's going to be Infinia hands down for its simplicity, stability[1] in rewards structure, and support. It's only for greed for points when spends go >1L that I will be choosing Magnus, but I'll be a fool if I didn't do that.

[1] I know Infinia has been devalued heavily. But the older reward structure wasn't sustainable, and we all know Magnus will also have the same fate — perhaps much sooner than Infinia, since Axis has been giving them away far too easily.

I have both Infinia and Magnus. I'd like to echo the sentiment of others in this forum on how no-nonsense Infinia's rewards and redemption system is compared to that of Magnus. Some months I'm able to get returns up to 12%, and my overall return rate is 8% for this year since January. That's difficult to beat on most other cards, let alone Magnus for spends <1L. The points arrive with the next statement date and I'm able to use them right away at 1:1 for travel or point transfers.

Even on a recent international travel (before I got Magnus) involving big spends, during which HDFC was incidentally running a few spend based offers, I was able to get a value back over 4.5% (including FCY markup, mind you), not to mention several international lounge visits, which is a massive win.

Over everything else, I have never been let down by the customer support at HDFC (except emails, which takes weeks of back and forth, but still eventually works).

So if I were to pick a favourite between Infinia and Magnus, it's going to be Infinia hands down for its simplicity, stability[1] in rewards structure, and support. It's only for greed for points when spends go >1L that I will be choosing Magnus, but I'll be a fool if I didn't do that.

[1] I know Infinia has been devalued heavily. But the older reward structure wasn't sustainable, and we all know Magnus will also have the same fate — perhaps much sooner than Infinia, since Axis has been giving them away far too easily.
Are you using paid version of both Magnus and Infinia but still find value in both?

Are you using paid version of both Magnus and Infinia but still find value in both?
Yes both are Metal and paid. The welcome/renewal benefit of Infinia a lot more useful, since it's 12500 points that you can burn at 1:1 wherever you want. On the other hand, I'm still not able to decide how to best redeem the 10k benefits of the Magnus, since both Yatra and TataCliq are fairly useless for me in comparison.

Speaking of metal, one more big reason why I prefer Infinia is the way it feels in your hand. I even got compliments around its look and feel in Europe while swiping at various POS machines. People thought it must be a super expensive card to own! But we know that cards like Magnus and Infinia are probably the cheapest ones in the world that still offer such enormous value.

Since the renewal benefit can be 1:1 points to rupee conversion ratio, the effective price for the card is ₹2.25k only.

It's simple for me actually.
I do a flight travel to hometown at least twice a year, with my wife. So most of the points are redeemed 1:1.
I recharge Amazon pay via smartbuy to get 16%(5x) cashback(1:1) and use it for all utility bills, basic pay where payment via Amazon wallet is allowed. For other purchases such as goods(Amazon/Flipkart shopping voucher), household(BigBasket) and occasional food ordering(Swiggy/Zomato), I rely on Smartbuy only. Since most of my purchases are covered by Infinia+Smartbuy, other cards in my folio sit in a box.

On a different note, occasionally I get confused looks from some vendors when they tap/swipe the card(since it's metal).
How do you recharge Amazon pay using hdfc smart buy? Can you please explain? I am unable to see such an option...

I guess he meant buying an Amazon pay GV using smartbuy and then adding money through it. It gives you 5x reward points.
Got it. So cant this scheme be used for paying credit card bill using a different credit card.
For example - we can buy Amazon GV using smartbuy(gyftr) and here we get reward points for the 1st cc. Then using amazon pay, we can pay bill of 2nd cc.

Got it. So cant this scheme be used for paying credit card bill using a different credit card.
For example - we can buy Amazon GV using smartbuy(gyftr) and here we get reward points for the 1st cc. Then using amazon pay, we can pay bill of 2nd cc.
Your Amazon Pay balance can't be used to pay for this order.

Which payment methods are supported?​

You can pay credit card bill using UPI and net-banking.

You can't use AP balance to pay CC bill, only UPI and net banking

Back