• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iPhone 16 and 16 Pro Launch Prices

Apple Intelligence for India and English India is long down the road

We people first have to get used to voicemail in iOS 18 which very few people even know exists
I have the voice mail on my 11 pro (with ios18) and am very happy with it! It's a super useful tool with the transcribe feature

Contrary to some opinions I have read, I actually found iPhone Pro models specifically to be decently impressive.

Bigger display + better battery + reduced prices in India

I am looking to upgrade from my 13 Pro Max and 16 pro max seems to be a good value - It adds above features + better camera + USB C + dynamic island + AI features on top of 13 pro max

I am already on AEP for M4B this month and buying 16 pro max from India will cost me around 1.2L considering the point value (5K instant discount + 14% mile value). But still not able to take plunge as I will have to shell out 1.4L on card vs around 1.2 from outside India

So I got the new iPhone 16 Pro Max 256 GB from Thailand (Pre-ordered delivered on 20th) and here's the final breakup and some notes from the latest trip!

iPhone 16 Pro Max (256 GB)
INDIA PRICE = ₹1,44,900
THAILAND PRICE = ฿48,900 THB

- Preorder (Cash) [2000 THB @ 2.5804 INR]: ₹5,160.80
- Delivery (Infinia CC) [46900 THB @ 2.54 INR]: ₹1,18,953.02
- Forex Markup CC [2%+GST = 2.36%]: ₹2,807.29
- Total without VAT Refund: ₹1,26,921.11

- VAT Refund (Cash) [2600 THB @ 2.54 INR]: -₹6,604 INR
- (A) Net Cost After VAT Refund but without RP Consideration: ₹1,20,317.11
- Net Saving without RP but with VAT Settled
: ₹24,582.89

- Total Reward Points on Infinia [3.3% + 1% GVP = 4.3%]: 5,114.98
- Net RP Gain After Forex Markup Charges [4.3% - 2.36% = 1.94%]: 2,307.69
- Net Cost with RP Settled at 1:1 without VAT Refund: ₹1,16,645.33
- (B) Net Cost with RP Settled at 1:1 with VAT Refund: ₹1,10,041.33
- Net Saving with VAT+RP: ₹ 34,858.67

Notes
:
1. Cash payment is also accepted at the stores, so if you don't want to go through the RP hassle or don't have a net gaining RR on your CC, you can opt for cash only. Your cost would be as per defined in (A).
2. This does not account for the flight ticket / accommodation / local expenses / transport, etc. this is good for those already have plans to visit Thailand now or in future, or if you have someone who can bring it over.
3. Buying from third-party places these days is coming at inflated rates up to 54k THB (1.42L) without VAT Refund, pre-activated, and opened boxes (Risky), official prices are cheaper but will have to wait until next month or so.
4. Nothing fixed in third-party markets, they're looting..unfortunately our fellow Indians and others everyone falling for the FOMO and paying inflated rates in such markets (Saw live while I was there to dump my old phone, saved one fellow dude).
5. You need to ask for the VAT Refund form at the time of purchase at the store (Apple or any VAT refund supported stores), you miss this, you lose!!!! You can't go back next day and ask for such a form, it has to be taken on the same day!
6. You need to get the VAT Refund form stamped at the airport from the customs inspection who check your box and phone. They're located at the far end of the entry gates. You don't get the stamp, you'll not get the refund. You lose!!!
7. Don't throw the box until all the checks and VAT refund in cash is handed over to you.
8. Cash is given in Thai Baht.
9. You may throw that box later if you don't wanna carry with you but if you keep it, some stores locally or even in Thailand give value for having original box. But having the box is a red flag for the local customs obviously ;)
10. Warranty on the iPhone will be international, so you need not worry!
11. Take a picture of the VAT Refund form and the invoice (original invoice is attached to the form and handed over to the VAT Refund department, so a pic is the only record you'd have).
12. Apple official stores are not trading-in right now but iStudio does trade-in, however, the Indian models get 50% value of whatever they value the phone to the Thai model even if its in mint condition (ex: if iPhone 12 Pro they're offering 10500 THB [Grade A], you'll likely get no more than 5.3-5.7k THB). So unless you're stupid, don't trade-in with them.
Wow thanks for the detailed post, I am going in November so by that time I am hoping it would be available directly in the shop.
Price seems to be good after all the points and stuff most likely will buy it.
Guys how do you use pro maxes - dont you feel it's too big?
I definitely feel so and have that prominent little finger dip but it is more about the weight for the 13 pro max then the size for me.

I bought the iPhone 11 Pro when it first came out and have been considering upgrading each year. However, I haven't found any significant reasons to do so until now. Instead, I've invested my money in the stock market.

I'm interested in upgrading this year, but I think the AI improvements will be more impressive next year. So, I'm considering waiting another year. What are your thoughts?
You are correct.
I will suggest watching some leaks for iphone 17 line up. That will be a better upgrade by all means and AI will be fleshed out by then as well.
Apple Intelligence for India and English India is long down the road

We people first have to get used to voicemail in iOS 18 which very few people even know exists
Voicemail is there since ios 17. However, most people who call don't know how to leave a message so it's usage is inconsistent. Will take time.
Guys how do you use pro maxes - dont you feel it's too big?
My 15 plus is same size of 15 pro max. I am tall with large hands so it isn't an issue. In fact I switched from iPhone 13 which was 1 year old and in absolute pristine condition just because I needed a larger screen. I have always used large phones as I read and watch videos a lot on this.

However my wife i still using her 13 and whenever she will switch it will be of same size as for her 15 plus feels big to hold and use comfortably.

I will always recommend if someone uses their phone for lot of surfing and video watching then get minimum 6.5 inch smartphone. Makes a lot of difference.

Currently using 14 pro max.

Planning to buy 16 pro 512gb or 16 pro max 256 gb. Both will have almost similar pricing.

I am confused which one to go far.

6.3 may feel like little small & 6.9 may feel too big 😂.

Looking for suggestions. Buying from Thailand during second week of October.

Mostly use this for my professional, banking use and little bit personal use.

For other day to day use, I am using s23 ultra, which is all-rounder phone.

Planning to buy 16 pro 512gb or 16 pro max 256 gb. Both will have almost similar pricing.

Bro how rich are you? 😅

Just walk into an apple store nearby and check out the in hand feel. Easy decision.

Back