• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iPhone 16 and 16 Pro Launch Prices

Given a price differential of say 20k between both models?
If 15 pro is 90-95 and 16 pro is 110-115 then i'd say get the 16 pro because newer and more fancy and has a better claimed battery life due to new chip consuming less power along with faster charging speeds

But if you get 15 pro at 65-75 and 16 pro at 90-100 then i would say it's 50/50 you could save 20-25k and go with 15 pro or you can get a 16 pro for a very cheap price

Also what prices have you been quoted

If 15 pro is 90-95 and 16 pro is 110-115 then i'd say get the 16 pro because newer and more fancy and has a better claimed battery life due to new chip consuming less power along with faster charging speeds

But if you get 15 pro at 65-75 and 16 pro at 90-100 then i would say it's 50/50 you could save 20-25k and go with 15 pro or you can get a 16 pro for a very cheap price

Also what prices have you been quoted
Expecting 15Pro to be in 95k range during BBD and with card discount 16 pro would be 115k.

Last edited:
Which is better upgrade in terms of cost from 11 to 15Pro (taking into account the price will further decrease) or 16pro? Is additional premium on 16 pro justified from 15 pro? Inputs pls.
Agree with @Slayer.

15 Pro is a great phone, if sold under 90k. I will get the 16 Pro because it is the latest, but no other benefit that I see. Camera button etc is cool but no major value. Same for dynamic island. It was supposed to be much bigger, but no real value other than that it looks cool.

Try to import 16 Pro from cheaper countries. You can get a great deal. Apple provides global warranty, just make sure you buy from authorised retailers abroad - Amazon, Walmart etc

Agree with @Slayer.

15 Pro is a great phone, if sold under 90k. I will get the 16 Pro because it is the latest, but no other benefit that I see. Camera button etc is cool but no major value. Same for dynamic island. It was supposed to be much bigger, but no real value other than that it looks cool.

Try to import 16 Pro from cheaper countries. You can get a great deal. Apple provides global warranty, just make sure you buy from authorised retailers abroad - Amazon, Walmart etc
Difference of 10-15k can be recovered while upgrading or selling the used phone, older model will obviously fetch much lesser than newer model bought on same date.

So except for Infinia or DCB , any other way to get 16pro at a good and competitive price domestically?

Last edited:
Agree with @Slayer.

Just a follow-on query wrt to global version in case you have any idea about it-Would i be able to order it from india over apple US website to get it delivered to my friend’s address? If yes, how does the other charges add up? And secondly, say i am ordering from SBI CB which has a markup fee of 4.13%, and the cb is 5%, wouldn’t it be net positively though marginally? Pls share inputs, i have never made any international transactions yet.

I want to buy 16 pro, which is showing an effective price of ~101k, as shown below (Image 1) . But I don't understand the calculation done to receive ~19k reward points (Image 2). It says...

1. Product benefit of ~4k. What is it Base reward points?
2. Smartbuy Benefit ~15k. Isn't the maximum reward points on Infinia limited to 7.5 K daily? (Image 3)

Image 1:
Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 7.07.25 PM.webp

Image 2:
Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 7.06.16 PM.webp

Image 3:
Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 7.12.45 PM.webp

I want to buy 16 pro, which is showing an effective price of ~101k, as shown below (Image 1) . But I don't understand the calculation done to receive ~19k reward points (Image 2). It says...

1. Product benefit of ~4k. What is it Base reward points?
2. Smartbuy Benefit ~15k. Isn't the maximum reward points on Infinia limited to 7.5 K daily? (Image 3)

Image 1:
View attachment 68937

Image 2:
View attachment 68938

Image 3:
View attachment 68939
For Infinia daily cap has been increased to 15k back in Jan, monthly remains the same.

Just a follow-on query wrt to global version in case you have any idea about it-Would i be able to order it from india over apple US website to get it delivered to my friend’s address? If yes, how does the other charges add up? And secondly, say i am ordering from SBI CB which has a markup fee of 4.13%, and the cb is 5%, wouldn’t it be net positively though marginally? Pls share inputs, i have never made any international transactions yet.
Placing an order of iPhone on US websites - Amazon.com, Apple.com
  1. It can be done from anywhere around the world. You can use any credit card from any country.
  2. Delivery address must be a US address. If you ship it to a different country, you will need to pay local custom duty. Seems obvious but I should clarify.
Placing the order using SBI Cashback
  1. I don't have SBI Cashback card. I do know the markup fee charged. Yes, the net reward rate will be +0.87%. Refer to this Twitter thread for an updated view on RP for international spends.

Back