• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iPhone 16 pro max 256gb best card to buy?

Sobirvs

TF Buzz
Hey everyone,

so I see the best offer for iPhone 16 pro max (desert gold) 256gb is on apple.com, even retail stores don't have this good offer, let me know otherwise.

So this is on 3 cards 5k instant cashback(discount?) + no cost emi discount 12 months (which i can cancel to get discount) via amex, axis, icici.

I know amex don't allow emi cancellations(Customer service told me so) so I'll prolly go with axis/icici unless someone tells me i can get better offer.

So I have these cards for this

Amex : Gold charge, MRCC(Complimentary free with gold charge).
ICICI : Rubyx mastercard LTF, Rubyx Amex LTF, Rupay LTF, HPCL Coral LTF and Apay card.
Axis : Citibank rewards, flipkart axis, and myzone LTF card.

Can someone help me to get the most of this offer?

I feel ICICI (rubyx/amex/hpcl) is giving the best offer so with 12 months no cost emi (which i will cancel) it's costing me 1,28,500 (5k discount + 11,400 no cost benefit) + reward points but those will be only around 1285 points which is like max 400 rupees? or I can use apay and get 1% cashback (i hope that counts?) also does icici have a website where i click on the link and get more discount/cashback similar to amex rewards multiplier or axis grab deals etc?

or I can use axis flipkart to get 1% more? or may be axis ciitibank i can use to get annual fee waiver? I don't know abt axis reward points here so enlighten me if possible.

or I can use amex gold charge , and that wiill help in annual fee waiver but then i can use no cost emi discount as charge card don't have emi option and mrcc i can use but it is ltf anyways and mrcc's spend isn't counted towards amex gold charge card annual spend. if i use amex gold charge, i can points too via rewards multiplier so around 14000 points i will get + fee waiver full + there is a 1500 gift voucher i am getting on 50k spend + 2500 e vouchers via rewards multiplier for 50k spend more so basically 5000 instant discount + 14k points i.e 4620 + 1500 gv + 2500 gv = 8620 but it's not better than icici/axis and only upside is the amex fee waiver (which basically is like i am paying for fee on my total discount which sucks i guess?)

Any other affiliate link perhaps I can use for more better offer?

I do have GST of my brother's business, but does that help in any discount?? i believe input credit doesn't get credited in the bank anyways right? it just offsets the cost to input debit (I can be wrong 100% pls correct me), if i ask for input credit and get discount, my brother does need to pay that gst in gst portal isn't?)

I know I am asking too much by giving so much complicated info but technofino is know for discount champs and credit card superheroes and how to use them effectively hence being detailed here, lemme know, thanks guys.

Hey everyone,

so I see the best offer for iPhone 16 pro max (desert gold) 256gb is on apple.com, even retail stores don't have this good offer, let me know otherwise.
Ohh, I see.
So this is on 3 cards 5k instant cashback(discount?) + no cost emi discount 12 months (which i can cancel to get discount) via amex, axis, icici.

I know amex don't allow emi cancellations(Customer service told me so) so I'll prolly go with axis/icici unless someone tells me i can get better offer.

So I have these cards for this

Amex : Gold charge, MRCC(Complimentary free with gold charge).
ICICI : Rubyx mastercard LTF, Rubyx Amex LTF, Rupay LTF, HPCL Coral LTF and Apay card.
Axis : Citibank rewards, flipkart axis, and myzone LTF card.

Can someone help me to get the most of this offer?

I feel ICICI (rubyx/amex/hpcl) is giving the best offer so with 12 months no cost emi (which i will cancel) it's costing me 1,28,500 (5k discount + 11,400 no cost benefit) + reward points but those will be only around 1285 points which is like max 400 rupees? or I can use apay and get 1% cashback (i hope that counts?) also does icici have a website where i click on the link and get more discount/cashback similar to amex rewards multiplier or axis grab deals etc?

or I can use axis flipkart to get 1% more? or may be axis ciitibank i can use to get annual fee waiver? I don't know abt axis reward points here so enlighten me if possible.
You won't be getting upfront instant discount rather you will be receiving cashback.

In case of ICICI, within 90 days but when you will cancel EMI within 17 days (Cancellation without any charges is available for the period of 15 days only, so it's obvious you will cancel within 15 days), you wouldn't be getting any cashback. However, you will also be charged processing fee of 1% on 75% of transaction amount in the first month of EMI tenure along with GST. Not only that, foreclosure charges equal to 3% on outstanding principal amount + next month’s interest shall also be levied.

No such info regarding, cashback credit is found in case of Axis, don't know exactly when it will get credited and how it will get impacted. In lack of info, let say you will be receiving cashback even after cancellation within 30 days.

But in case the rewards points will get credited, are supposed to be reversed as well.
or I can use amex gold charge , and that wiill help in annual fee waiver but then i can use no cost emi discount as charge card don't have emi option and mrcc i can use but it is ltf anyways and mrcc's spend isn't counted towards amex gold charge card annual spend. if i use amex gold charge, i can points too via rewards multiplier so around 14000 points i will get + fee waiver full + there is a 1500 gift voucher i am getting on 50k spend + 2500 e vouchers via rewards multiplier for 50k spend more so basically 5000 instant discount + 14k points i.e 4620 + 1500 gv + 2500 gv = 8620 but it's not better than icici/axis and only upside is the amex fee waiver (which basically is like i am paying for fee on my total discount which sucks i guess?)
Based on above reasons, it's better to use Axis than ICICI and Amex, assuming Axis has no such policy. Otherwise, Amex is best.

Once needs to get cross checked before making any txn.
Any other affiliate link perhaps I can use for more better offer?
Don't think so. Not applicable for EMI txn.
I do have GST of my brother's business, but does that help in any discount??
Yes, why not.
i believe input credit doesn't get credited in the bank anyways right? it just offsets the cost to input debit (I can be wrong 100% pls correct me), if i ask for input credit and get discount, my brother does need to pay that gst in gst portal isn't?)
Input GST gets set off with output GST. Why pay if you can set it off with your outstanding balance and need to pay less?

Suppose you owe ₹10 to your brother and your brother owes you ₹5. You can pay ₹5, that’s all. This is also a derived benefit, assuming ₹5 is not part of Sales.

Now, replace you with your brother business entity and brother with government.
I know I am asking too much by giving so much complicated info but technofino is know for discount champs and credit card superheroes and how to use them effectively hence being detailed here, lemme know, thanks guys.

he-hehe.webp

Last edited:
You won't be getting upfront instant discount rather you will be receiving cashback.
No that is not the case, here's SS and also I went to otp page too which show I'll be charged 1.285L only and nocostemi is cancellable and it is know across the forum and I have done it several times in the past with icici and axis. They are calling the 5k as "cashback" but it seems it is a upfront discount only.

1729651089594.webp

1729651254864.webp

Yes, why not.
upon checking more looks like I can't as my brother has business in a diff state and delivery of the phone is in different state.

I do however have a friend who lives just next to my house and I can use his GSTIN? so I'm guessing i have to put his address on the billing but delivery address can be mine? Also shd I put my name or his?

Also my friend does services business which is with contract of a US business. He does file GST returns but with zero GST payments as he has LUT for his business which means he doesn't need to pay any GST but he does needs to file GST returns which is recommended to him by his CA. So how will this benefit me? as he has zero output GST charges and input credit will just sit on his account right? does the input credit get's expired or something? Won't it be better if I make a GSTIN of my own and then make the purchase? But in that case, the cost will go down right? and if that happens, then my cashback/discount etc also goes down a bit, so am getting confused here.

Don't think so. Upto 5X rewards points via grab deal.
grab deal gives cashback/points on my card? as I don't have bank account with axis, just 3 credit cards.

I did however had a Axis bank account but it is dormant and whenever i login to see my cards, I do see my bank account in negative. Do grabdeals send cashback etc on axis bank account or credit card??

edit: looks like I get RP's not cashback on grabdeals. Now, I believe FK Axis doesn't get reward point, i get cashback only. so if I do it with FK Axis, I get 1% back i.e 1285 rupees. On the other hand if I do it with citi axis/myzone then I get point, and myzone citi more or less gives almost same points which probably will be ~2800 points. idk how much that is in INR. But axis FK is fixed 1% which is great no?

Last edited:
No that is not the case, here's SS and also I went to otp page too which show I'll be charged 1.285L only and nocostemi is cancellable and it is know across the forum and I have done it several times in the past with icici and axis. They are calling the 5k as "cashback" but it seems it is a upfront discount only.
Yes, they are creating confusion for no reason, they can simply use the term 'instant upfront discount', even after using instant cashback, they are giving upfront discount, cashback is always credited post txn. 🙂

See ICICI's T&Cs 🤡 contradiction, what's Cashback, extracted from life scheme which may not apply here. 🤣
Screenshot_20241023-082833.webp
Screenshot_20241023-082727.webp

Unlike you, I hadn't visited upto OTP page neither bought iPhone nor willing to purchase for myself, what I commented was solely based on T&Cs/policy taken from life scheme, mentioned/evident in/from previous comment as well.
View attachment 72921

View attachment 72922

upon checking more looks like I can't as my brother has business in a diff state and delivery of the phone is in different state.

I do however have a friend who lives just next to my house and I can use his GSTIN? so I'm guessing i have to put his address on the billing but delivery address can be mine? Also shd I put my name or his?
It would be better to put his business entity details; name and address.
Also my friend does services business which is with contract of a US business. He does file GST returns but with zero GST payments as he has LUT for his business which means he doesn't need to pay any GST but he does needs to file GST returns which is recommended to him by his CA. So how will this benefit me? as he has zero output GST charges and input credit will just sit on his account right?
I think he can claim the GST then, but I am not so sure. @its_karan, bro kindly confirm this. It would be better to let your friend to consult his CA. Make descision accordingly.
does the input credit get's expired or something? Won't it be better if I make a GSTIN of my own and then make the purchase? But in that case, the cost will go down right? and if that happens, then my cashback/discount etc also goes down a bit, so am getting confused here.
I don't suggest that for a device purchase, you shouldn't register for dummy GSTIN without having any co., be it active or dormant co.

Anyway, it's your call, do what you think, suit you.

Last edited:
Unlike you, I hadn't visited upto OTP page neither bought iPhone nor willing to purchase for myself, what I commented was solely based on T&Cs/policy, mentioned/evident in/from previous comment as well.

can u link me t&c specifically for apple.com purchase?

Most prolly I am inclining towards going for axis, so any t&c issue there?

discount is going upfront so not sure what problem icici can create for me later on when i am not even expecting any cashback post trxn.

can u link me t&c specifically for apple.com purchase?

Most prolly I am inclining towards going for axis, so any t&c issue there?

discount is going upfront so not sure what problem icici can create for me later on when i am not even expecting any cashback post trxn.
Such t&cs are extracted from Life scheme, I was just showcasing what exactly cashback should be and what effect does it have.

They aren't using proper term.

Links for iPhone for life, where cashback thing is mentioned nicely. But that doesn't mean it will apply on this.

Trust Apple because it's working based on Apple's T&Cs:

1729655224785.webp

Screenshot_20241023-091340.webp

Screenshot_20241023-091424.webp

grab deal gives cashback/points on my card? as I don't have bank account with axis, just 3 credit cards.

I did however had a Axis bank account but it is dormant and whenever i login to see my cards, I do see my bank account in negative. Do grabdeals send cashback etc on axis bank account or credit card??

edit: looks like I get RP's not cashback on grabdeals. Now, I believe FK Axis doesn't get reward point, i get cashback only. so if I do it with FK Axis, I get 1% back i.e 1285 rupees. On the other hand if I do it with citi axis/myzone then I get point, and myzone citi more or less gives almost same points which probably will be ~2800 points. idk how much that is in INR. But axis FK is fixed 1% which is great no?
I think Edge Rewards Points via Grab Deals is not applicable in case of EMI txn.

unko bhule nahi hai lagta hai 🙂

cc: @HumorSimpson
he already said his dp is a female but he is a male

I think Edge Rewards Points via Grab Deals is not applicable in case of EMI txn.

I did a trxn on axis FK in policybazaar, and it was a no cost emi and then within a day I got that emi cancelled via CS of axis but i did got 1% cashback on that trxn.

idk abt reward points though as I don't use axis cards usually for rewards.

he already said his dp is a female but he is a male
My assumption was correct from the very beginning:
Screenshot_20241023-101952.webp
@Vasuki bro is not able to forget Murnal 🤣

cc: @HumorSimpson

I did a trxn on axis FK in policybazaar, and it was a no cost emi and then within a day I got that emi cancelled via CS of axis but i did got 1% cashback on that trxn.

idk abt reward points though as I don't use axis cards usually for rewards.
On paper it's like that, I don't have any relationship with Axis, can't comment, how exactly it works.

lol too many offtopic posts, guys can we come back to how i can maximize benefit for the purchase of 16 pro max?
Be thankful.

For your thread people are tagging and keeping it abuzz . But here see, the OP was blasted for tagging.

Be thankful.

For your thread people are tagging and keeping it abuzz . But here see, the OP was blasted for tagging.

Mujhe bhi tag delete kar dena chahiye, wo attitude ke karan se 🙂

Edit: Done

Back