• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is Axis burgundy salary account worth it?

Nihhaar

TF Buzz
Axis RM told that I can get burgundy salary account (as they some tie up with our company). But she told that she cannot give me Axis Magnus LTF but only Axis Atlas LTF. Is it worth it? Or can I get better cards from other banks?

I already have DCB card. Have salary of around ~2LPM.

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I was about to get burgundy account. But with the recent atlas thing, for peace of mind, i would still stick to hdfc imperia

Reactions: SSV

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Axis RM told that I can get burgundy salary account (as they some tie up with our company). But she told that she cannot give me Axis Magnus LTF but only Axis Atlas LTF. Is it worth it? Or can I get better cards from other banks?

Go ahead and take Axis Burgundy. Atlas LTF is a good bet and you will get 5000 welcome bonus as well on LTF card. That itself is quite a value

Credit card circus will continue to happen with all the banks. With Axis it happens little bit more, but rewards are also highest. Keep earning and keep transferring the points. Just be non emotional about it

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I too got burgandy salary account and got atlas as ltf with it. Would suggest to go for it..
Also axis burgandy support is very good for any service or issue. When they say they will look into it, they actually do and respond back via call.. so i would say go for it.

+ U get 5000 miles as welcome bonus which would give u 10000 rs value if you transfer it to partners.. (very good for something u paid nothing)

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Definitely worth. It.
Generally , if you are getting these kind of accounts with your salary then you should go for it.
Reason: you are not doing anything other than asking your company to deposit your salary into this account instead or some X bank account unless that X account currently is very lucrative...

In your case, Axis burgundy is good to take, as in the current form Atlas is a good card but expect some sudden surprises from Axis.
Remedy to counter theses surprises, spend on Axis cards amd redeem the rewards frequently..

One day they will give you Magnus Burgundy also..just wait for sometime
So, in a nutshell, just go for it

Last edited:

Nihhaar

TF Buzz
Thank you guys. I also asked HSBC bank for a premier salary account. Depending on their response, will make the switch.

mj01

TF Select
Thank you guys. I also asked HSBC bank for a premier salary account. Depending on their response, will make the switch.
HSBC Premier requires 3LPM afaik. Do let us know if you manage to get it! You anyways might wanna reconsider going for Axis after yesterday's devaluations 🙃

Desu Sarath

TF Premier
I was about to mail to my company axis poc for salary account. Good i did not do that due to yesterday devaluation.

Nihhaar

TF Buzz
I'm staying with HDFC after Axis bomb!

HSBC rejected granting me Premier account as it requires 3LPM. Although they have a timed offer, which gives 5% unlimited cashback on Debit card for salary accounts.

msankadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Although they have a timed offer, which gives 5% unlimited cashback on Debit card for salary accounts.
Wow that sounds promising...do you have any link or I will simply google if there is no special link...5% cb unlimited sounds tasty...

Nihhaar

TF Buzz
Wow that sounds promising...do you have any link or I will simply google if there is no special link...5% cb unlimited sounds tasty...
The offer is valid only until July 24. You can reach out to HSBC rm to get the details. It might vary from company to company.