• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is HDFC worst bank in Customer service?

amitr29

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I am a Axis bank account and Credit card holder for last 12 years. Their service is average but overall not bad. My experience with HDFC in last one month.

1) Got a message to apply for card and clicked on it. Resulted in 21 Cibil hits. Writen to PNO and still fighting 😂😂

2) Applied for a Buisness Regalia and easily qualify for it. C2C basis Citi card with 8.20 lacs limit and Income more than 24 lacs. They sent me Moneyback card with limit of 1.28 lacs. Written to PNO and still fighting 😂😂

3) Applied for online savings account. They call it Instant account. Applied last week Friday and did Vkyc by 11:00 am. Got account number next day with cust Id. As on today, account still not active and it says please upload KYC. 8 days for a bloody instant Savings account. Written to PNO and still fighting 😂😂

There is something seriously wrong with HDFC Bank. They really need to pull up their socks. It so frustrating to even start a relationship with them. Shocked!!

Hi,

I am a Axis bank account and Credit card holder for last 12 years. Their service is average but overall not bad. My experience with HDFC in last one month.

1) Got a message to apply for card and clicked on it. Resulted in 21 Cibil hits. Writen to PNO and still fighting 😂😂

2) Applied for a Buisness Regalia and easily qualify for it. C2C basis Citi card with 8.20 lacs limit and Income more than 24 lacs. They sent me Moneyback card with limit of 1.28 lacs. Written to PNO and still fighting 😂😂

3) Applied for online savings account. They call it Instant account. Applied last week Friday and did Vkyc by 11:00 am. Got account number next day with cust Id. As on today, account still not active and it says please upload KYC. 8 days for a bloody instant Savings account. Written to PNO and still fighting 😂😂

There is something seriously wrong with HDFC Bank. They really need to pull up their socks. It so frustrating to even start a relationship with them. Shocked!!
They are not that bad with me. Maybe because I know BM of Every Bank in my city.

Last edited:
In my experience,customer service of so called big banks have gone done in past 3 4 years. Not taking about a particular bank but in general about all bank.
The main aim, target of so called RMs, BMs is to sell crap policies to their customers. If you discuss any banking services with them like FDs, lockers or other, they are all keen to hop onto policies sooner or later.
It's literally like if you want any service, but these crap policies from us or forgot about it.

I hold premium banking accounts with Axis, HDFC, Indusind but this situation is similar across these.
Hi,

Next step, if not resolved by this Tuesday
I usually don't bother emailing the customer service or grievance redressal teams because, based on past experiences, I find them ineffective. Instead, I prefer to send my concerns directly to the Managing Director's desk to ensure a quicker resolution. Having 21 CIBIL inquiries is excessive, and it can be frustrating. I might have considered accepting compensation along with a suppression of these inquiries in such a situation.

I usually don't bother emailing the customer service or grievance redressal teams because, based on past experiences, I find them ineffective. Instead, I prefer to send my concerns directly to the Managing Director's desk to ensure a quicker resolution. Having 21 CIBIL inquiries is excessive, and it can be frustrating. I might have considered accepting compensation along with a suppression of these inquiries in such a situation.
Good point..Will push for that. Is this the Id managingdirector@hdfcbank.com?

Hi,

I never say like that. I have more than 5 years of banking relationship with hdfc. My first credit card was from hdfc only. My highest credit limit is also offered by hdfc only.

In Dec 2022, I opened axis salary account. I agree, they provide better loan offers. They easily provide many cards also. But they're not increasing my credit limit after sending income documents too.

Icici is the only bank which made me go to rbi ombudsman twice. Because they have issues with my apay application and they were wasting my time. After apay approval, it was shown as rejected in amazon app. So I am not able to avail the welcome benefits. I was fighting with icici and Amazon. Then I went to rbi ombudsman. Within 3 days, they fixed my issues

Back