• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it time to upgrade to Axis Reserve?

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Looking at the upcoming devaluation of Axis Magnus, which we all saw coming (looking at how Axis is just giving it out like candies for change). Should we upgrade to Reserve or maybe move expenses back to Infinia?

Exactly. Let there be clarity on the conversion ratio’s for reserve only then apply.
Reserve is also devalued. It's just sad.

Wish Axis kept Magnus and Reserve limited to certain income bracket like HDFC has kept for Infinia. Such a waste. I see so many folks just jumping to get Magnus. C2C application method killed both cards.

Reserve is also devalued. It's just sad.

Wish Axis kept Magnus and Reserve limited to certain income bracket like HDFC has kept for Infinia. Such a waste. I see so many folks just jumping to get Magnus. C2C application method killed both cards.
Thode din ka sanyaas from the credit card game for me. Will be planning my winter vacay and chill. I’ve derived the value of more than ₹5/ER as per the current ratio. Will make the most of it for now and let the dust settle.

Most of the cards now a days are getting devalued in an year. Considering reserve is already on the list, doesn't make sense to shift. Unless supply of the card is limited (invite only), we will see this phenomenon of devaluation for most of the cards.

Magnus can still offer you (some) good value. What they have done is moved up the spend criteria to get value. Earlier you could do it with 1L. Now you need to spend 3L with 1L in flights. It's not the same as before I know but you still get decent value out of that.

Magnus can still offer you (some) good value. What they have done is moved up the spend criteria to get value. Earlier you could do it with 1L. Now you need to spend 3L with 1L in flights. It's not the same as before I know but you still get decent value out of that.
If you have a lot of spends through travel edge, this is still a pretty decent card. For other use cases, it offers you crap in return.

It's not crap. It's still offering class leading returns for the most part. It's just no longer the insane awesomeness it once was.
For my use case at least it won't make sense. With utilities and government spends gone, my general spend will fall close to 1.5L/month average. That's 2.4% for all my spends. This is excluding travel or random large ticket purchases for which I intend to use other cards now.

Looking at the upcoming devaluation of Axis Magnus, which we all saw coming (looking at how Axis is just giving it out like candies for change). Should we upgrade to Reserve or maybe move expenses back to Infinia?
There are spend calculation charts all over the place to help you decide that. You certainly should NOT move from Magnus to Reserve. Reserve was always an add-on card you take AFTER you get Magnus. And Reserve has been far more brutally devalued than Magnus. So if your spends aren't very high, Infinia maybe the better bet.

Last edited:
Back