• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is there a Mastercard variant of IDFC First Select Credit Card?

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Is there a Mastercard variant of IDFC First Select Credit Card?

I requested IDFC by email to change the variant of my IDFC First Select Credit Card from Visa to Mastercard but they replied back saying:

"This is with reference to your email ,for credit card franchise change request, we do not have the functionality for converting Visa franchise to Mastercard franchise."

They have listed benefits of Mastercard on the official page of IDFC First Select Credit Card. I understand as per RBI directive they are supposed to provide the variant of customer's choice. Shall I complaint to RBI ombudsman?

sjmajumder

TF Ace
All MC world cards have complimentary golf.
Icici wealth debit card is free for wealth accounts, HDFC millenia debit or credit card can be ltf depending upon your relationship with the bank. Yes select is like 399 a year and FYF if you spend 10k in first month.
Swiggy card is 500 per year.
I have these at my home so i’m saying my experience. Each golf lesson costs around 1-2k and game costs 4-6k. Even if you’re paying 500 rupees a year that’s no brainer to get these cards for golf.
I took the HDFC Swiggy as the fourth card with complimentary golf benefits. Now I can book session on all Sundays - till now I had to skip 1 week every month.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Can you explain how long is the golf session and what's the age limit underage teens can perform or only adults. Only to pass the time 😔.
30 mins.

No age limit as far as I know but if you are too young you will need to carry your own clubs as they have clubs of standard size only. But then again, only the primary cardmember is allowed, so technically the age limit is 18 years for booking through CC/DC.

girish3456

TF Premier
Got response saying the RBI circular was only a draft circular asking for feedback. There is no directive from RBI which mandates change of network and it has not been implemented.

I tried searching for RBI circular but I could locate only the draft circular and no update after that.
Attaching for your reference