• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Issue in booking award ticket using united miles

PreApproved

TF Buzz
Hi, im trying to book award ticket using united for the first time, at the end after confirming when we have to pay taxes i have to pay $10 taxes, im trying to do the $10 transaction with my axis card its showing 10rs instead of $10, also asking for OTP on internation transaction dont know why also after entering the OTP the transaction is failing is there any solution for this? Im attaching a SS

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 10.38.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 10.38.25 PM.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 27

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So guys an update on how to use United Airlines for booking tickets.

Make sure in the billing address you mention the complete address of the US. You can mention your Indian Mobile Number but the BILLING address has to be from the US.

I used one card to make the payment and the whole thing went through smoothly. Because one is entering a billing address from the US. Visa didn't even request an OTP and payment just went through.

So in case anyone faces any Difficulty with the United airline booking. You can connect with me or go through this thread.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So guys an update on how to use United Airlines for booking tickets.

Make sure in the billing address you mention the complete address of the US. You can mention your Indian Mobile Number but the BILLING address has to be from the US.

I used one card to make the payment and the whole thing went through smoothly. Because one is entering a billing address from the US. Visa didn't even request an OTP and payment just went through.

So in case anyone faces any Difficulty with the United airline booking. You can connect with me or go through this thread.
Earlier you told that this isn't working :unsure: : https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/help-needed-for-united-airlines.7744/post-231170

Reactions: Rkr

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, that time it wasn't going through and that is right. What has been the case is that the inventory was showing up online on the United website but was not available.

This time it was more of planning where I arranged a proper US address. I confirmed with United CC over a call for award availability, initially, they were telling me No, and then when I told them that I confirmed with Ethiopian Airlines with the specific flight number about the award availability, customer care said, to hold on and then they confirm that yes the Inventory was available.

So those who are entering The us Address for billing and yet the transaction is not going through is because of the Award availability.

This time I prepped well.
1) confirmed with the Airline I was flying( Ethiopian)
2) Called Customer Care of United.
3) Transferred My 1Lac point to United.
4) Arranged Amex Card from India( I heard it works); Two, Had a proper US address;
5) Prepared to call customer care of United if this time transaction didn't go through and would have booked there.

kvagarwal

TF Select
Yes, that time it wasn't going through and that is right. What has been the case is that the inventory was showing up online on the United website but was not available.

This time it was more of planning where I arranged a proper US address. I confirmed with United CC over a call for award availability, initially, they were telling me No, and then when I told them that I confirmed with Ethiopian Airlines with the specific flight number about the award availability, customer care said, to hold on and then they confirm that yes the Inventory was available.

So those who are entering The us Address for billing and yet the transaction is not going through is because of the Award availability.

This time I prepped well.
1) confirmed with the Airline I was flying( Ethiopian)
2) Called Customer Care of United.
3) Transferred My 1Lac point to United.
4) Arranged Amex Card from India( I heard it works); Two, Had a proper US address;
5) Prepared to call customer care of United if this time transaction didn't go through and would have booked there.
This worked Man! US billing address OP.
Was going through same problem. Thanks for detailed info.