• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Book Vistara Economy Ticket using Premium Economy Voucher (Award Ticket Downgrade)

tryabp

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
_303aced2-d32b-4336-b419-819b55d862fb.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I want to share the process to downgrade the vistara award ticket. Almost everyone is having credit cards having Premium Economy ticket of Vistara, but sad truth is those are very limited seats (20%) of total seats hence getting PE seat is very hard. Also there are routes where PE class is not available.

I faced similar issue where i had PE vouchers and want to travel in December on route where PE class is not available. I have followed this process and got Economy class tickets using PE voucher.

Now, there is good news. You can downgrade the vistara voucher to book available award seats. This comes with some terms & conditions.
  • No Cancellation
  • No Reschedule
  • No Upgrade
  • No Extra Baggage Allowance
  • No Premium Economy / Business Class Service
So, you can decide if you are ok with this then proceed ahead with booking.

Procedure:

1. ‭Call on 81300 88888‬
2. Check availability of other class tickets and finalise the date.
3. Ask agent to use the voucher available in your account.
5. If tickets are available then issue the vouchers from account.
6. Agent will take your order and send you payment link for taxes.
7. Once you make payment tickets will be issued.

You can downgrade from Business >> Premium Economy >> Economy in this sequence.

hs23

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hmm. Any availability for Vistara business tickets?

Thinking downgrading my Sbi Vistara Prime card to SbI vistara and move the offline spends to Atlas card or DCB card.

tryabp

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hmm. Any availability for Vistara business tickets?

Thinking downgrading my Sbi Vistara Prime card to SbI vistara and move the offline spends to Atlas card or DCB card.
U will get less CV points 1.5% then Prime 2%. Atlas is all time best card for all other spends.

hs23

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I have too many cards now (and planning to apply for more) and looking at ways to reduce annual fees on cards / close cards. If I move spends to Atlas, I don't have much use for SBI card except for Amazon sales and and restricted categories (rent, fuel, insurance). I will see if retention team can give some bonus.

tryabp

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I have too many cards now (and planning to apply for more) and looking at ways to reduce annual fees on cards / close cards. If I move spends to Atlas, I don't have much use for SBI card except for Amazon sales and and restricted categories (rent, fuel, insurance). I will see if retention team can give some bonus.
If you have good use of tickets then annual fee is worth. SBI Vistara is must have if you spend on these categories. Update here if SBI gives u anything for retention.

hs23

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
If you have good use of tickets then annual fee is worth. SBI Vistara is must have if you spend on these categories. Update here if SBI gives u anything for retention.
I got 3 tickets already and 4th one coming soon. Exhusted this card already. Next year will use the card more selectively.

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This comes with some terms & conditions.
  • No Cancellation
  • No Reschedule
  • No Upgrade
  • No Extra Baggage Allowance
  • No Premium Economy / Business Class Service
So, you can decide if you are ok with this then proceed ahead with booking.
Are you suggesting that the regular PE voucher is refundable and has none of these other limitations?

rockking1994

TF Premier
I can confirm I recently did downgrade from premium economy to economy as the seats where unavailable for the dheradhun to mumbai
And if someone has this question yes you can use the ticket for the nominee with out the main ac holder travelling i had book for my brother and friend

tryabp

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I can confirm I recently did downgrade from premium economy to economy as the seats where unavailable for the dheradhun to mumbai
And if someone has this question yes you can use the ticket for the nominee with out the main ac holder travelling i had book for my brother and friend
thats good thing about vistara.

arjun697

TF Premier
Thank you for this! I followed these steps and downgraded 3 PE tickets since the aircraft on my route from COK-BOM doesn't have PE seats at all. Booked tickets next week from COK-BOM and back during the week. 4 tickets redeemed in total :)
I did consider COK-DEL too since tickets were available and value wise that would been crazy good but since its a random trip just to shop, eat and return. Decided to go ahead with BOM itself even at the cost of all tickets being economy.

saransh

TF Buzz
Unable to get even economy ticket how early to book or any tips

zoro

TF Select
I got 3 tickets already and 4th one coming soon. Exhusted this card already. Next year will use the card more selectively.
Is there any capping on maximum value of ticket price or let us say if I am using the voucher to book at a peak season, how is it affected?

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is there any capping on maximum value of ticket price or let us say if I am using the voucher to book at a peak season, how is it affected?

No pricing limit on any tickets. The only limitation is that it has to be a direct flight.
So, if it's a connecting flight, you will need to use two vouchers per person.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Ideally very early like month or two maybe? I have seen people post that but for me I always book same week or one week ahead max.
Vistara Award Tickets ideally 30-45 days in advance are usually available.. so book as early as you can.. I have had extremely good experience and excellent vakue returned with Vistara.. Only issue is their network.. so not all routes are available..Axis Vistara Infinite if you are able to spend 7.5 L a year is superb on value..

amit

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
DED-BOM is all economy flight. How did u booked PE in the first place?