• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Issues with IndusInd Card, Seeking Suggestions.

Gaara

TF Ace
I closed my IndusInd card due to dissatisfaction with its variant and limit in November 2022. Now, they’re offering a better card, but my old card is still active in their system. But in all the credit reports it is in the closed cards section and I even got NOC from IndusInd bank.

Any suggestions?

1. Initial Card Closure: In November 2022, I obtained my first IndusInd card. However, after six months of usage, I decided to close it in June 2023 due to dissatisfaction with its variant and credit limit.​
  2. Bank Calls: Starting from November 2023, I began receiving calls from IndusInd Bank. They informed me that they now offer a better card with an improved limit. However, when they initiate the application process, it shows that my old card is still active in their system.​
  3. Despite their attempts, the old card remains stubbornly present. The bank representatives mentioned they would retry after three months, but even their recent attempt yielded the same result—my old card is still active on their servers.​
  4. CIBIL Status: I’ve checked my CIBIL report, which correctly reflects the closure of my old card. It’s categorized as a closed account, and I’ve even obtained a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from IndusInd Bank.​
  5. I attempted to contact customer care, but the IVR system is requesting a card number that I don’t possess. Bank representatives have informed me that we need to wait until the old card is automatically deleted.​
  6. Seeking Solutions: Now I’m seeking advice or suggestions from others who might have faced a similar issue. How can I resolve this impasse and obtain the new card they’re offering?​

emadiqbalali

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
That's very much expected from the IndusInd bank and let me tell you that they do nothing to fix this. I don't know if someone has dragged them to RBI but this is really frustrating.

Not just credit card, they do this even for the Savings Account.

I went to open a new savings account with them to get MAB 0 account as I was holding Legend. As soon as they get my number, they said we have your details active in the system probably with some old address and it was because Paytm had tied up with IndusInd earlier to do FDs and someone I had FD with them back in 2018 as Paytm created it.

They somehow convinced me that once I had the account opened, the address could be changed via kyc so I agreed but then I regretted every moment. RM stopped answering, my initial funds were put on freeze because of kyc and old address. I went thrice to bank for giving kyc and each time it never updated. They blatantly told that they are unable to remove the previous details from the system.

I closed the account and got the initial funding back as a refund.

I suspect the same thing is happening with credit cards too.

That's very much expected from the IndusInd bank and let me tell you that they do nothing to fix this. I don't know if someone has dragged them to RBI but this is really frustrating.

I went to open a new savings account with them to get MAB 0 account as I was holding Legend. As soon as they get my number, they said we have your details active in the system probably with some old address and it was because Paytm had tied up with IndusInd earlier to do FDs and someone I had FD with them back in 2018 as Paytm created it.

They somehow convinced me that once I had the account opened, the address could be changed via kyc so I agreed but then I regretted every moment. RM stopped answering, my initial funds were put on freeze because of kyc and old address. I went thrice to bank for giving kyc and each time it never updated. They blatantly told that they are unable to remove the previous details from the system.

The same thing happened with me. I also used to create fd in paytm and thats why my details were already present in indusind's system. However the address was of my old house, which is sold by that time. So the branch guy told me( Sir we can't change any data as you already have a customer id because of some indus partners and even if we attempt to change anything your account might get freezed) so i asked what to do in this case and he said( we can open this account with present details and later after sometime of account opening you can change details easily) so i did exactly what he said and no issues till this date from indusind. Btw they sent welcome kit to my old address but the courier was bluedart and they know me very well so upon my request they delivered it to my new house.

My verdict- I agree indus is having lots of bugs and issues due to old system but a good employee can still find ways to do things easily. I have been banking with indus from oct 2022 and there is only one problem which made my regret my relation with indus and that is call spamming. They spammed my no. Every 20 minutes for 7 whole days until i went to their branch and threw my phn on managers desk. It was a pre-approved loan offer and most of the time robot/ivr was calling me.

So if you start a relation with indusind than in my opinion is to fill the DND form and send a mail to customer care to register you for dnd so in future if they offer you a loan they won't disturb your peace.

Gaara

TF Ace

That’s really frustrating and sad. It’s disappointing when a bank’s inefficiencies impact customers in such a significant way. Let’s hope they improve their systems and provide better service in the future.

Gaara

TF Ace
The same thing happened with me. I also used to create fd in paytm and thats why my details were already present in indusind's system. However the address was of my old house, which is sold by that time. So the branch guy told me( Sir we can't change any data as you already have a customer id because of some indus partners and even if we attempt to change anything your account might get freezed) so i asked what to do in this case and he said( we can open this account with present details and later after sometime of account opening you can change details easily) so i did exactly what he said and no issues till this date from indusind. Btw they sent welcome kit to my old address but the courier was bluedart and they know me very well so upon my request they delivered it to my new house.

My verdict- I agree indus is having lots of bugs and issues due to old system but a good employee can still find ways to do things easily. I have been banking with indus from oct 2022 and there is only one problem which made my regret my relation with indus and that is call spamming. They spammed my no. Every 20 minutes for 7 whole days until i went to their branch and threw my phn on managers desk. It was a pre-approved loan offer and most of the time robot/ivr was calling me.

So if you start a relation with indusind than in my opinion is to fill the DND form and send a mail to customer care to register you for dnd so in future if they offer you a loan they won't disturb your peace.
My Do Not Disturb (DND) setting is active, So IndusInd keeps bombarding me with emails about missing out on offers and saying I should disable DND 😂. Meanwhile, their system refuses to delete my old closed card or cause of which they can't issue a new one.

Gaara

TF Ace
Write email to their credit card escalation matlrix if you are not able to connect to their customer care. Search on google indusind credit card esacalation Matrix
Thank you for the suggestion; I will try that method. 😊

My Do Not Disturb (DND) setting is active, So IndusInd keeps bombarding me with emails about missing out on offers and saying I should disable DND 😂. Meanwhile, their system refuses to delete my old closed card or cause of which they can't issue a new one.
Go to their branch and make a scene their. Believe me you will not recieve a single mail ever.

Gaara

TF Ace
I guess IndusInd is the only bank that sends these mails.

Attachments

• Wh4(1).jpeg
    Wh4(1).jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 2024-02-20 at 14.07.43.jpeg
    2024-02-20 at 14.07.43.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 17