• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITR processing delay. "Has your ITR been processed yet?"

Filed itr 1 on july 13 and received refund on july 21 :p
This year was the fastest ever for me though.

This year I got lucky, processed in 5 days (2 days as per dates shown in login). ITR-2, No refund. No demand.
My father's ITR got processed in the same night he filled the return. The reason: No Refund amount was there.
They are processing the ITRs very fast where there are no refund.
But in my case, I have a very few amount of return (only 5K).
And the intimation letter has not been sent yet.

Last edited:
its all random i guess.. total four ITR-4 filed on same day(21st july), all having similar profile and similar refund amounts (20-25K). One processed with in a week and another next week, both received refund as well. Two more pending still.

filed original ITR-1 on 1st july & it got processed on 6th Aug & refund issued today.

On seeing the TDS mismatch I had filed Revised return on 5tth Aug so want to know how it works now?
Once the original ITR is processed, revised ITR will not be processed/considered....

Reactions: NCD
Once the original ITR is processed, revised ITR will not be processed/considered....
WRONG.

Revised Return can be filed - any number of times - before the normal date without any fee or after the date with applicable late fee. You can file revised returns even for previous years.

It will be processed exactly on the same lines as applicable to a fresh return.

This year income tax is delaying the processing of ITR and the refund.
I filed ITR 4 on 7th July.
It is under processing till today.
Please share your ITR processing time this year and the time taken for the refund to be credited in the bank account.
This is NOT delay.
I have seen times where it took over an year for getting the refund and then last year it took only 2-3 Months.
This year, I am expecting to receive refund by late September or early October.

I submitted ITR 2( no refunds) on 1st July. But due to some mistake submitted ITR 2 again (no refunds) on 2nd July. Not processed till now. Will both get processed or only revised will get processed?

I submitted ITR 2( no refunds) on 1st July. But due to some mistake submitted ITR 2 again (no refunds) on 2nd July. Not processed till now. Will both get processed or only revised will get processed?
Only revised one ie 139(5), gets processed if my memory serves well

Back