• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITR processing delay. "Has your ITR been processed yet?"

I submitted ITR 2( no refunds) on 1st July. But due to some mistake submitted ITR 2 again (no refunds) on 2nd July. Not processed till now. Will both get processed or only revised will get processed?
If both ITR-1s have been filed as "under section 139(1) - on or before due date" only the first one will get processed n the second one will be dropped.

If the 2nd one is filed - as a revised return - "under section 139(5) - revised return", then the second will be processed (even if the first return is processed). This 2nd return (revised) will be your final return.

I filed around 28 for different people incl. Home, relatives, friends and others. Out of these 22, assessed while other 6 remains. Delay is mostly due to new regime implementation and section 87a rebate. Last year all processed either same day or within next 3 days. This year AI with auto-processing got bugged in new regime, Also those who reported old regime to employer and then choose to file in new are also facing delays. But maximum time is till Dec 31st so we can't blame CPC also.

Thing became so fast that some people are getting tired. There were days when it used to take 6-9 months for processing and more than a year for refund. People expection grow by leaps and bounds when they get something instantly and their capacity or stamina for patience keep going down which leads to anger. For me even if it don't process for 6 months, I don't care. Filing is my duty. When it processes doesn't matter.

Many people think that if their ITR get processed, they won't face any hassles in future. Processing of ITR is one thing but for next five years you can be questioned. After processing, there is also second stage where all data is macthed and it is done at later times and you can receive notice. So processing is no guarantee if you had concealed something that you won't be questioned. As usual this mindset is of those from Gen Z(ooanimals).

Many people think that if their ITR get processed, they won't face any hassles in future. Processing of ITR is one thing but for next five years you can be questioned. After processing, there is also second stage where all data is macthed and it is done at later times and you can receive notice. So processing is no guarantee if you had concealed something that you won't be questioned.

This is very very correct…
But still having heard from the dept saying that your itr was processed will make people happy that at least one step is done and dusted in a way that there were no defects in the return they filed …

Apart from this whatever you said was 100% spot on

This year income tax is delaying the processing of ITR and the refund.
I filed ITR 4 on 7th July.
It is under processing till today.
Please share your ITR processing time this year and the time taken for the refund to be credited in the bank account.
Last Year I filed on 15 July, which was processed on 26 Aug and refund was issued on 28 Aug.
This year I filed on 21 July, and it's yet to be processed so not expecting anytime sooner

This is very very correct…
But still having heard from the dept saying that your itr was processed will make people happy that at least one step is done and dusted in a way that there were no defects in the return they filed …

Apart from this whatever you said was 100% spot on
If there is NO MISMATCH between ITR, 26AS and AIS then i can guarantee that you will never receive any NOTICE from IT department.

Filed itr1 for wife on 21st n got refund in 3 days. She is not in taxable slab n claimed only the tds amt for bonds interest

Did for my mother itr2 on July 31 n waiting for refund. She also not taxable but wanted to claim the tds amt for bonds interest

I filed itr3 for me on jul 20 n got refund on aug 7

Filed my Wife's on 17 July. No Refund but still Processing. Last year it took 2 days to process.
Filed mine on 25th July. Still processing. Usually mine take around a month or two to process.

I filed my ITR-1 in July's first week which is still pending.
My wife's ITR-4 which I filled in 3rd week of July was processed, got a refund last weekend.
Looks like it's all on luck.

I filed my ITR-1 in July's first week which is still pending.
My wife's ITR-4 which I filled in 3rd week of July was processed, got a refund last weekend.
Looks like it's all on luck.
Not a luck thing. But ITR filled under gender Female are getting porcessed sooner. I noticed the same. For me 2 filed in May are pending. All depends on batches too. Nobody knew how their batch system actually works. Income above 10L takes time. Also the ITR filed with old regime by me took least time to process (max 7 days). Only new regime is more of a problem and I explained it in details here already. The section 87A bug is behind all the delay currently. Many CAs who have internal info. are of same opinion. Things will be faster next year. But now LTCG changed and that will add to it next year.

More than 3.5 crore ITR yet to be processed.

This year income tax is delaying the processing of ITR and the refund.
I filed ITR 4 on 7th July.
It is under processing till today.
Please share your ITR processing time this year and the time taken for the refund to be credited in the bank account.
Filed ITR 1 in June last week with refund beyond 1lac, still under processing.

Not a luck thing. But ITR filled under gender Female are getting porcessed sooner. I noticed the same. For me 2 filed in May are pending. All depends on batches too. Nobody knew how their batch system actually works. Income above 10L takes time. Also the ITR filed with old regime by me took least time to process (max 7 days). Only new regime is more of a problem and I explained it in details here already. The section 87A bug is behind all the delay currently. Many CAs who have internal info. are of same opinion. Things will be faster next year. But now LTCG changed and that will add to it next year.

More than 3.5 crore ITR yet to be processed.
Nice observation, Actually I filled ITR on old regime last year, This year I have switched to new regime.
That's why, It may take time ( Though I have a little amount of refund of 5K)

Hmm I've different expereince! As i mentioned in one of the earlier post, total 4 are filed on 21st july, two are completed with refunds received and another two is pending still. Completed ones are for male and pending ones are female.
I think it's all random, Actually we don't know how they created different batches and processing them . All we can do is some speculation

Refund of 1 lakh may take more time 🥲.
Government is not processing higher refund amount easily
Yeah, this has been case only this time.
Last year, it went smoothly, and refund was sent in less than 15 days.
And women returns aren't actually getting processed first, this was my sister's return which has been in processing more than a month😂.

Didn't check the status of other small returns of parents, will tell their status too if I check.

Hmm I've different expereince! As i mentioned in one of the earlier post, total 4 are filed on 21st july, two are completed with refunds received and another two is pending still. Completed ones are for male and pending ones are female.
Agreed sir, it's random and no gender is getting any preference

Reactions: SSV
You folks all seem lucky. My dad, who filed ITR-2 this time and has no expected refund, but had a tax liability of around ₹40K, his ITR has still not been processed.

I filed my ITR-3 on 11th July with no liability and no expected refund, and it has not been processed either.

Both the ITRs filed were in accordance with the AIS and true to the knowledge. The ITR-2 and ITR-3 were filed instead of ITR-1 and ITR-4 solely to account for the Short-Term Capital Gains for the sale of debt mutual funds.

I'm very nervous right now. 🫣
Nothing to be nervous at all..
We will sort out everything if there is any issue
Enjoy the weekend

Back